ADVERTISEMENT

How the Vaccine works for Dummies

My wife sent this to me and I thought I would share this as it did a great job breaking down how the Covid vaccine works. I 76% understand it now!

Thank you. I wish people would do more education for themselves. I couldn't believe how many people I heard at the courthouse last week saying they wouldn't take vaccine. The RFK Jr's of the world need their microphone shut off.

Thank you. I wish people would do more education for themselves. I couldn't believe how many people I heard at the courthouse last week saying they wouldn't take vaccine. The RFK Jr's of the world need their microphone shut off.
I'm hearing the same thing. There is so much bad information out there, it is hard for people to know what to believe. Since I got the email asking me if I wanted the vaccine, I did some research and haven't seen anything that would make me say no. For anyone looking for more info please watch this Dateline. It was very eye opening.

https://www.nbc.com/dateline/video/race-for-a-vaccine/4273000

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
I'm hearing the same thing. There is so much bad information out there, it is hard for people to know what to believe. Since I got the email asking me if I wanted the vaccine, I did some research and haven't seen anything that would make me say no. For anyone looking for more info please watch this Dateline. It was very eye opening.

https://www.nbc.com/dateline/video/race-for-a-vaccine/4273000

This is what scares me. Please trust science people.

I generally agree with this, however just wanted to point out there are idiots in the science world as well.

There are idiots on all sides of the world. :) I hated science and math 25 years ago, but I trust M.D. and engineers to handle those problems for me just as much as I suppose they might trust Jimmy to handle their legal issues ;)

I don't know what it's like in Iowa, but Florida allows unlimited TV pitches from lawyers telling us if we got so much as a hangnail in 1986 from taking aspirin we could be "entitled to compensation" and lawyers were standing by to take our case. This only adds to the current fear and psychological insanity and emboldens anti-vaxxers not to trust ANY new medication.

one day in the future... 🤣 🤣 🤣

4q27uu.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: NoleATL and QChawks
How the vaccine works

1. Go to the doctor
2. Get a big needle in your arm
3. Cry
4. Get a Lolly
5. The medicine goo goes inside your blood and means no more masks and we can all go watch Garza dominate Gonzaga
6. The end.

How the vaccine works

1. Go to the doctor
3. Cry
4. Get a Lolly
5. The medicine goo goes inside your blood and means no more masks and we can all go watch Garza dominate Gonzaga
6. You'll likely feel like $hit for a bit...minor COVID-19 symptoms
7. Then you'll feel great and in 6 months get a booster
8. You'll then be able to get coughed on by a MAGAt and be fine

9. The end.

FIFY

Looks like my wife will be getting the vaccine this Thursday. Kind of wild that it is finally here after this horrible year

Reactions: Hawkman98
How the vaccine works

1. Go to the doctor
3. Cry
4. Get a Lolly
6. The end.

Actually, it doesn’t mean no more masks or social distancing. Not for quite a while

Reactions: HawkMD
Lol - here's the context you left out.

In terms of harms, the available data indicate that serious adverse events were balanced between the vaccine and placebo arms (RR 1.14; 95% CI 0.89 to 1.47, evidence type 2), and two serious adverse events were judged to be related to vaccination among over 21,000 persons vaccinated. The certainty of this estimate was reduced due to indirectness related to the short duration of follow-up and sample size to assess rare serious adverse events. Reactogenicity grade ≥3 was associated with vaccination (RR 4.27; 95% CI 3.39 to 5.38, evidence type 1). About 9% of vaccine recipients vs. 2% of placebo recipients reported grade ≥3 reactions.

Reactogenicity - In clinical trials, the term reactogenicity refers to the property of a vaccine of being able to produce common, “expected” adverse reactions, especially excessive immunological responses and associated signs and symptoms—fever, sore arm at injection site, etc.

In other words, those who got the vaccine experienced expected side effects like a fever or sore arm 9% of the time and the placebo only 2%.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
This is certainly what one would hope for in a vaccine slated to be given to hundreds of millions of people: “The certainty of this estimate was reduced due to indirectness related to the short duration of follow-up and sample size to assess rare serious adverse events.:oops:

Oh. And this.

This is certainly what one would hope for in a vaccine slated to be given to hundreds of millions of people: “The certainty of this estimate was reduced due to indirectness related to the short duration of follow-up and sample size to assess rare serious adverse events.:oops:

Oh. And this.
“His stock sale was carried out through a routine Rule 10b5-1, a predetermined trading plan that allows company staff members to sell their stock in line with insider-trading laws. Bourla's sale was part of a plan adopted August 19, the filing showed. He continues to own 81,812 Pfizer shares.”

Do you not read what you post?

Looks like my wife will be getting the vaccine this Thursday. Kind of wild that it is finally here after this horrible year
That's odd our wives I believe work at the same place and mine hasn't said anything about being offered yet and she works directly with Covid positive people daily.

That's odd our wives I believe work at the same place and mine hasn't said anything about being offered yet and she works directly with Covid positive people daily.
My wife has been off work actually and she was in communication with people telling her to come in to sign up to get it Thursday. So she went in to get signed up this morning.

Has she been in contact with anyone from work?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT