ADVERTISEMENT

HUGE Comeback OT Win! Payton saves us with 26, Kris with 27, Dix with 10 pts in 31 Minutes!!

I didn't think Ulis was playing badly. Was good on defense. Seemed to be hunting his shot (was 2-5) a bit too much, maybe getting out of his lane more than Fran prefers. Saucy was sloppy.

Dix has more size as Michigan is really long. He was able to get some nice looks and handled the ball well. I am jazzed as we went from no bench to wow!

And Fran only played 9.

The 5 starters averaged 10.2 points each for 51 points.

The 4 reserves did even better, averaging 10.5 points each for 42 points.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Sandfort's three point play off the Kris Murray air ball was some next level shit. Never lost sight of the ball, knew he had very little time to get the shot off and to contort his body and finish? Crazy.
This. He’s not just a shooter. Great rebounder. Great passer. Complete player. That long bounce pass to Bowen for the fast break lay up was beautiful.

Before the shot clock hit zero....

I could not believe the rebounds. And 6 turnovers against a long athletic defense? I thought we were done when we were down 7 with under 2 minutes. Unbelievable. We stole that one.

I think one could argue we also stole the IU game (we were down by 21).

Instead of 3-3 in the B1G, we could easily be 1-5.

@MrsScrew probably thinks we stole one on the road at Rutgers, too ;)

2 points at halftime.

24 the rest of the way.

wow.

It''s no coincidence that Dix had hit at 2 big 3-balls prior to that point and played the #1 spot nearly flawlessly from late in the first half and most of the second half. It just seemed that Dix really gave him some confidence out there to me...

Last edited:
Iowa was down 7 with over 2 minutes toplay in regulation. my seats are behind the visitors bench about 20,rows up and at the time-out I was watching the Wolverines high-fiving each other like they had the game in the bag. i commented to the guy next to me that action may come back to haunt them as the 3‘s just cannot keep dropping for them like they did most of the game.

Luckily I was correct! Per Yogi Berra, “It ain’t over till it’s over.” Great comeback and OT play for the Hawks. I doesn’t pay to be cocky!

Fran wanted to bite his head clean off of his shoulders tonight. He’s in a dark doghouse it appears. Fran knocking chairs around and slamming clipboards is a very bad sign. Perkins hasn’t been the same since his injury. Seems lost at times.

you obviously were at the game

on TV, they did not show anything, thank god. but some reporters at the game said Fran was loud, with lots of cussing

was he mostly mad at Perkins or was he mad at Ulis, too?

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT