ADVERTISEMENT

HUGE Comeback OT Win! Payton saves us with 26, Kris with 27, Dix with 10 pts in 31 Minutes!!

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Thank God that Payton's shot is back!! His 4 point play got us to OT.

Dix was HUGE bringing the ball up the court; he had 10 points, 3 rebounds, and 5 assists in 31 minutes!!

Kris was his usual dominant self with 27 points, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks & 3 assists.

Iowa is now 11-6 and 3-3 in the B1G.

GO HAWKS!!!

Last edited:
What a turnaround for this player. He was struggling not only at shooting but easy looks around rim, coming down with easy rebound. Now he is playing like an all conference player, leader on the court, knack for securing loose balls, and now end game clutch. Wow. Michigan matched every move iowa made in regulation but Sandfort willed this team into overtime. Keep the fire going…

Postgame radio show:

Dolph reminded Payton that he scored a career high 26 points.

Regarding his slump: "those days are over. I know I am a great shooter & a great player."

Regarding Kris: "he's gonna be a heckuva player in the NBA."

Regarding Connor: "he keeps us going; without him, we're nowhere the team we are now."

Regarding the 4 point shot: "I never had a doubt about the free throw (to tie it)."

Other Payton comments:

"We never give up. This is a huge win. We're gonna keep grinding and keep moving forward."

"Our practices have really ramped up since Xmas. That's translated over to the floor."

Great game to watch and I would have said that even if Iowa didn’t come back and win. It’s refreshing to watch a game where both teams aren’t continually grabbing and hacking daring the refs to call fouls fouls.

I have a lot of respect for both Michigan and Iowa for how they are coached.

Hope Uhlis and Perk take Payton’s turn around to heart and see that they can too with their play. Great turn around by PS.
I didn't think Ulis was playing badly. Was good on defense. Seemed to be hunting his shot (was 2-5) a bit too much, maybe getting out of his lane more than Fran prefers. Saucy was sloppy.

Dix has more size as Michigan is really long. He was able to get some nice looks and handled the ball well. I am jazzed as we went from no bench to wow!

Great game to watch and I would have said that even if Iowa didn’t come back and win. It’s refreshing to watch a game where both teams aren’t continually grabbing and hacking daring the refs to call fouls fouls.

I have a lot of respect for both Michigan and Iowa for how they are coached.
Have to agree. If Michigan won,you just have to tip your hat to them. That was BB the way its supposed to be played.

Fran postgame:

We never panicked. We only had 6 turnovers. We outrebounded them (40-37). We got quality minutes out of Riley Mulvey. What can you say about Josh Dix? How good was he?
^^ This ^^. Dix was absolutely exceptional. He may very well have been the player of the game for IA. He really won this game for IA (along with others for sure)!

Reactions: Franisdaman
More Fran:

Regarding Filip: He came right back in (after sitting) and did not miss a beat.

Regarding Payton: He's too good of a player; he can pass and shoot.

Regarding the fans: They were awesome tonight. They were in the game from the beginning.

Sunday is Letterman's Day; former letter winners will be in attendance.

Fran postgame:

We never panicked. We only had 6 turnovers. We outrebounded them (40-37). We got quality minutes out of Riley Mulvey. What can you say about Josh Dix? How good was he?
I could not believe the rebounds. And 6 turnovers against a long athletic defense? I thought we were done when we were down 7 with under 2 minutes. Unbelievable. We stole that one.

Payton is off the charts BBall IQ. Kid is the Iowa leader IMO.
Some guys are naturally leaders and you definitely see it in him. Even when his shot wasn’t falling he was encouraging his teammates. He doesn’t shy from a tough shot / just the opposite, he seems to be eager to take it. Much respect.

Sandfort's three point play off the Kris Murray air ball was some next level shit. Never lost sight of the ball, knew he had very little time to get the shot off and to contort his body and finish? Crazy.
This. He’s not just a shooter. Great rebounder. Great passer. Complete player. That long bounce pass to Bowen for the fast break lay up was beautiful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT