ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Biden attorney threatens litigation against Fox News

Yes, but I’m not letting my client answer everything, and if they keep going down a bullshit path, we call the Judge from the depo.
Yep

And if the lawyer refuses to swing back to relevant questioning, depo is over.
And if the lawyer engages in improper behavior, it may not be over, for him.

Ergo, they cannot "ask anything". They must remain on-topic and relevant to the case in point.

@Finance85 is an abject idiot.

Reactions: Huey Grey
Yep

And if the lawyer refuses to swing back to relevant questioning, depo is over.
And if the lawyer engages in improper behavior, it may not be over, for him.

Ergo, they cannot "ask anything". They must remain on-topic and relevant to the case in point.

@Finance85 is an abject idiot.
Nope. You are wrong, but you will never admit it.

There's a purpose to asking questions that a lawyer know won't be answered. In this case the purpose would be to force Hunter to refuse to answer on 5th amendment grounds, so the civil action can be delayed until the criminal action is concluded. If the question isn't asked, there's no basis for a request for delay.

Lawyers also ask questions to establish what the boundaries are. Most of the time they know they are out of bounds, but if they are any good, they will push as far as they can without alienating the judge. Once in awhile they will get a smug or dumb litigant to answer a question that's out of bounds, and provides valuable information. Civil depositions typically have great latitude.

Why do you think that's somehow defending Fox? It's a legal discussion you clearly don't understand. Is that it? You attack what you don't understand because of your overwhelming need to never be wrong, even when it's demonstrated you are wrong? See my post #8.

Nope. You are wrong, but you will never admit it.

There's a purpose to asking questions that a lawyer know won't be answered. In this case the purpose would be to force Hunter to refuse to answer on 5th amendment grounds

No; he can refuse to answer on lack of "relevance".
You cannot "ask anything you want" in a deposition.

Lawyers on here have already pointed this out for you.

No; he can refuse to answer on lack of "relevance".
You cannot "ask anything you want" in a deposition.

Lawyers on here have already pointed this out for you.
You can ask anything.

It can be objected to, but the answer can only be refused based on the rules of the court, which I posted for you.

You can ask anything.

It can be objected to, but the answer can only be refused based on the rules of the court, which I posted for you.
what is going to be asked that hasn't been investigated and ultimately debunked by comer and jordan

are you saying they've left stuff on the table?

What was on the laptop?
twd-stuff-and-things.gif

what is going to be asked that hasn't been investigated and ultimately debunked by comer and jordan

are you saying they've left stuff on the table?
I'm discussing the legal aspects. Are you interested in that topic, or the politics?

There's a purpose to a deposition, and asking questions is necessary for trial no matter what's in the public domain. Hunter is the one threatening to bring suit, and the burden of proof is on him, by preponderance of the evidence. He's also a public figure, which carries a slightly higher standard, and he's also claiming NIL ownership, which is another nuance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT