ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Biden Details Starting to Leak

No it is true, there was initially a proposed 1/6 commission - negotiated between a Democrat and the guy McCarthy picked to negotiate for the gop. That passed the house with I think 20 or so gop votes before getting blocked in the senate because it couldn’t break the filibuster. That version would have seen a dem chair, gop co-chair with both needing to approve any subpoenas.

Because that got blocked, we ended up with the current committee, that McCarthy attempted to play games with by nominating guys he knew would be unacceptable to a serious committee so he could pretend outrage, or they’d sabotage the work.

Try again.
"Play games". How? By picking who he wants on the committee? Did the DEMS ask McCarthy for permission for who they picked? This was just another DEM witch hunt that matches pretty closely to the last 3 failures over the past 5 years. You're blind if you don't see it. I dislike Trump, but he deserves representation. They act like this is a court of some kind, which it isn't. That's why nobody is even paying attention to it. It's a joke.

The blindness on display is amusing. Disrupt the proceedings? Or not allow a movie script to be written and produced? The only people these hearings mean anything to are the ones that already believe and want to believe. Like watching a ufo documentary on Netflix

I do agree with part of your post. The blindness you are displaying is amusing. This "movie script" is being written by those who were closest to Trump at the time. If anyone has anything to say that contradicts what has been reported so far, they are welcome to present what they know to the commission.

"Play games". How? By picking who he wants on the committee? Did the DEMS ask McCarthy for permission for who they picked? This was just another DEM witch hunt that matches pretty closely to the last 3 failures over the past 5 years. You're blind if you don't see it. I dislike Trump, but he deserves representation. They act like this is a court of some kind, which it isn't. That's why nobody is even paying attention to it. It's a joke.

So you think picking people who had PUBLICLY backed trump and the Big Lie prior to 1/6, and had downplayed the events of that day, was on the level? That they would have taken their duties on that committee seriously?

Come on, he knew that due to the terms of the bill that created the committee, which again, weren’t as favorable as the initially proposed commission, that Pelosi would have final say-so. So he just happened to pick people he KNEW she would reject…and again, she also didn’t reject all of his picks. He then withdrew all of his nominees. It was ABSOLUTELY political theater by McCarthy.

McCarthy could have picked two other GOP members and maintained representation on the committee. He chose not to do this as he thought it would put Pelosi in a bad light. This has backfired on him.

Last edited:
So you think picking people who had PUBLICLY backed trump and the Big Lie prior to 1/6, and had downplayed the events of that day, was on the level? That they would have taken their duties on that committee seriously?

Come on, he knew that due to the terms of the bill that created the committee, which again, weren’t as favorable as the initially proposed commission, that Pelosi would have final say-so. So he just happened to pick people he KNEW she would reject…and again, she also didn’t reject all of his picks. He then withdrew all of his nominees. It was ABSOLUTELY political theater by McCarthy.
No different than the DEMS picking members who had tried to impeach Trump on 3 different occasions. Do think those people are unbiased. Come On Man!!!

No different than the DEMS picking members who had tried to impeach Trump on 3 different occasions. Do think those people are unbiased. Come On Man!!!

One last time. The onus here is on McCarthy to pick 5 members to join the committee who would have done so with all seriousness and not turned it into a joke. He did not do so, instead choosing to score political points with his base so he can become Speaker next year.

He also chose not to throw his support behind the commission that HIS handpicked guy negotiated for.

Ummmm.... pushing for impeachment is not illegal or treasonous. Trying to subvert a legal election is.

You're the type of person who would see no problem putting family members of a defendant on a jury. So dumb.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Ummmm.... pushing for impeachment is not illegal or treasonous. Trying to subvert a legal election is.

You're the type of person who would see no problem putting family members of a defendant on a jury. So dumb.
It is not a trial. It's a committee. Completely different things.

Reactions: INXS83
It is not a trial. It's a committee. Completely different things.
Completely unsurprised that the analogy was over your head.

You would have to be an idiot to not see the conflict of interest it would be to have Jim Jordan and others implicated in the insurrection on that committee. I guess that explains why you don't see it.

One last time. The onus here is on McCarthy to pick 5 members to join the committee who would have done so with all seriousness and not turned it into a joke. He did not do so, instead choosing to score political points with his base so he can become Speaker next year.

He also chose not to throw his support behind the commission that HIS handpicked guy negotiated for.
If you are actually putting together a committee and interested in finding out the truth, then you should have people on both sides who will ask the tough questions and also cross examine and look for truths from witnesses. Right now, it is nothing more than another DEM liberal squad looking to make headlines. They have no intentions of being fair or honest. I dislike Trump, but our government is currently a freaking disaster due to one sided committee's and bipartisan hackery that is only out to make the other side look bad. In 4 months, the GOP is going to take back the house and they are going to do the same thing to the DEMS and Hunter/Joe Biden. Let's see how many people on here are saying the GOP committee is fair and honest. I'm guessing very few LIBS will think the committee has everyone's best interest in mind.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Completely unsurprised that the analogy was over your head.

You would have to be an idiot to not see the conflict of interest it would be to have Jim Jordan and others implicated in the insurrection on that committee. I guess that explains why you don't see it.
You would have to be an idiot to think that this committee is going to produce any sort of outcome that anyone is going to give a crap about. It's another show. Just like all the others. Aren't you in any way tired of this shit? Nobody is even paying attention.

You would have to be an idiot to think that this committee is going to produce any sort of outcome that anyone is going to give a crap about. It's another show. Just like all the others. Aren't you in any way tired of this shit? Nobody is even paying attention.
It's unfortunate it this is true. The evidence turned over by the committee revealed that a sitting senator and a representative tried to slip in a list of fraudulent electors to overturn the election....that didn't cause you any concern?

Reactions: Hammer93
Does anyone feel like there might be another twist with the Hunter stuff? What I am surprised to see are platforms like Twitter not blocking all of this stuff. They block so much else but THIS they are letting it flow. Just feels different somehow.
As far as the J6 stuff I think this will drag on and on and I am not so sure anything will come of it. Basically can both sides stand the scrutiny of a real trial with difficult cross examination. Hard for me to believe that would happen....maybe...but I don't see it.

It's unfortunate it this is true. The evidence turned over by the committee revealed that a sitting senator and a representative tried to slip in a list of fraudulent electors to overturn the election....that didn't cause you any concern?
Yes. I am concerned that Donald Trump is a freaking idiot. He is. Fact. I am also concerned that we spend more time in committee's and trying to produce some sort of "I'm right, you're wrong" outcome that we have forgot to govern. It's a freaking circus. Ridiculous that all of these problems exist in the country and nobody seems to have the ability to focus and solve anything. These people are all crazy. Committee's piss me off in general. Giant waste of time and money in my opinion.

Yes. I am concerned that Donald Trump is a freaking idiot. He is. Fact. I am also concerned that we spend more time in committee's and trying to produce some sort of "I'm right, you're wrong" outcome that we have forgot to govern. It's a freaking circus. Ridiculous that all of these problems exist in the country and nobody seems to have the ability to focus and solve anything. These people are all crazy. Committee's piss me off in general. Giant waste of time and money in my opinion.
Maybe you missed it because it was not Donald Trump. There are several people in government that a list of fraudulent electors and they tried to get Mike Pence to submit that list to "overturn" the election. I don't live in Wisconsin, so I can't vote for Ronnie Johnson, but people in Wisconsin should know this information.

Maybe you missed it because it was not Donald Trump. There are several people in government that a list of fraudulent electors and they tried to get Mike Pence to submit that list to "overturn" the election. I don't live in Wisconsin, so I can't vote for Ronnie Johnson, but people in Wisconsin should know this information.
Let someone educate the Wisconsin voter on their own time. Like, maybe whoever is running against Ronnie Johnson. In the meantime, let's solve people's problems and do the people's work. I don't understand why people can't understand that it's not what they are there for.

• Haha
If you are actually putting together a committee and interested in finding out the truth, then you should have people on both sides who will ask the tough questions and also cross examine and look for truths from witnesses. Right now, it is nothing more than another DEM liberal squad looking to make headlines. They have no intentions of being fair or honest. I dislike Trump, but our government is currently a freaking disaster due to one sided committee's and bipartisan hackery that is only out to make the other side look bad. In 4 months, the GOP is going to take back the house and they are going to do the same thing to the DEMS and Hunter/Joe Biden. Let's see how many people on here are saying the GOP committee is fair and honest. I'm guessing very few LIBS will think the committee has everyone's best interest in mind.
The committee has Republican representation. They could have had more but refused.

No one gives a shit about Hunter Biden. LOL. But that's all you far right wingers have these days. Pathetic.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Let someone educate the Wisconsin voter on their own time. Like, maybe whoever is running against Ronnie Johnson. In the meantime, let's solve people's problems and do the people's work. I don't understand why people can't understand that it's not what they are there for.
Again, the party in power tried to change the certified members of the electoral college for party loyalist that would have overturned the election....and this is something you don't think should be fully investigated.

Didn’t you JUST say this wasn’t a trial? As in, no cross examinations?

Curious what parts of the committees findings you disagree with. The purpose of this whole thing was to investigate 1/6. How it happened, why it happened, who was involved, etc. the fact that Trump is central to this is ultimately secondary to the investigation.

Have fun now.

You're an even bigger idiot if you don't think anyone is paying attention. JFC, it's a constant source of debate on here.

100 bucks to the UofIowa Children's Hospital if this committee doesn't come out with recommendations for prosecution. You willing to bet the other side?

You realize the reason for the Committee and the investigation is that the republicans refused to remove Trump from office and continue to stand behind him. What we are seeing happening, slowly but surely, is some of the right starting to move away from him. After all we have seen and all we know there are still a huge number supporting him. This is what it is taking to get rid of that stain and to expose those who support him so we can hopefully never have such risk to our democracy again.

It remains harder than it should be because of people like you who say "Trump bad" but then defend those who support him and rail against those who are trying to stop him.

Reactions: mooresville hawk
This IS the people's problem. It's the biggest problem facing our country. I can't understand why you and other right wingers don't see that.

You're an even bigger idiot if you don't think anyone is paying attention. JFC, it's a constant source of debate on here.

100 bucks to the UofIowa Children's Hospital if this committee doesn't come out with recommendations for prosecution. You willing to bet the other side?
Something tells me that Nancy is not going to want to be called in a trial and asked about refusing to accept more troops for J6 among other things. I don't think either side has the intestinal fortitude to go forward with a trial.

LOL.... this committee had the verdict created prior to the proceedings ever starting. Of course they are going to recommend prosecutions. Dear Lord how dumb are you. We'll see where that ends up. My point is this (try to listen closely) I could give two shits about what happens to DJT or any of those other dip shits. That said, there are going to be committees for the next 2 years that drag the DEMS through the mud. I expect that your righteous ass will support those committees as well because they will be held in the best interest of the country. Yeah.... right.

This IS the people's problem. It's the biggest problem facing our country. I can't understand why you and other right wingers don't see that.
Show me a poll that lists DJT and the "insurrection" as one of the top 4 problems that the voter is currently worried about. I am a not a right winger.

Reactions: INXS83
Something tells me that Nancy is not going to want to be called in a trial and asked about refusing to accept more troops for J6 among other things. I don't think either side has the intestinal fortitude to go forward with a trial.
What tells you that? Specifically? Because, as I'm sure you know, Nancy doesn't have that power. Trump, on the other hand, does have the power to call in the NG, but refused. Pence had to do it.

Of course Trump had the NG there pre-emptively when BLM protested.

Get a clue.

Show me a poll that lists DJT and the "insurrection" as one of the top 4 problems that the voter is currently worried about. I am a not a right winger.

Are you only able to pay attention to four things at a time? Just because there may be four things more important to voters than 1/6 does not mean people are not paying attention and this commission should be shut down. Trump is talking about running for President again in 2024. If this commission can help keep Trump from running and/or winning the the GOP nomination in 2024, then I will say it was a success as this could lead the way to at least one viable candidate between the two parties. Hopefully, we will have two viable candidates, but the last few general elections do not give me a lot of hope though.

What tells you that? Specifically? Because, as I'm sure you know, Nancy doesn't have that power. Trump, on the other hand, does have the power to call in the NG, but refused. Pence had to do it.

Of course Trump had the NG there pre-emptively when BLM protested.

Get a clue.
Sorry dude but you are a mental case and have a serious hate for half the country. Get over him and get over yourself. Ignore time

• Haha
Reactions: INXS83 and Hammer93
LOL.... this committee had the verdict created prior to the proceedings ever starting. Of course they are going to recommend prosecutions. Dear Lord how dumb are you. We'll see where that ends up. My point is this (try to listen closely) I could give two shits about what happens to DJT or any of those other dip shits. That said, there are going to be committees for the next 2 years that drag the DEMS through the mud. I expect that your righteous ass will support those committees as well because they will be held in the best interest of the country. Yeah.... right.
SMH - you say in one post that nothing will happen as a result of the hearings and then in another say "Of course they are going to recommend prosecutions". Make up your ****ing mind. And the fact that you "don't give two shits about what happens to DJT" is likely untrue as well - unless you don't care if he becomes President again. If that's the case it's ignorant. That you can't, or won't, see that he and his supporters are a danger to our country is shameful.

Do you really think hearings about Hunter Biden are as important and impactful to our country as the 1/6 hearings? I doubt you do but maybe you have been sucked in that far.

Lol - get rid of the blinders if you don't want to be considered a right winger.

Sorry dude but you are a mental case and have a serious hate for half the country. Get over him and get over yourself. Ignore time
This is typical for those of you with little basis to your argument. See ya, dumbass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT