ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter guilty on all counts

I Dont Season 8 GIF by Friends

Obviously should be. One of the easiest open and shut cases in history.

Honestly, like Trump, if he wasn’t famous ( or the son of a president) no charges would have been brought

Honestly, like Trump, if he wasn’t famous ( or the son of a president) no charges would have been brought

Disagree, people get caught with guns they shouldn’t have and lying on those forms almost every day. My brother is an ATF agent, it’s bread and butter……people having pieces they shouldn’t have

Reactions: billanole
Disagree, people get caught with guns they shouldn’t have and lying on those forms almost every day. My brother is an ATF agent, it’s bread and butter……people having pieces they shouldn’t have
What is a typical outcome for those people with similar offensives you describe?

What is a typical outcome for those people with similar offensives you describe?

Probably a pat on the back……are you arguing that he didn’t lie on a federal form or that his punishment (which he hasn’t been found guilty of yet) is too severe?

Probably a pat on the back……are you arguing that he didn’t lie on a federal form or that his punishment (which he hasn’t been found guilty of yet) is too severe?

I think it was more an honest question.

If found guilty which I think he will be I think he should serve a year or 2 in prison or at the very least house arrest.

I don't think he should get any more or any less than the typical sentence.

I think it was more an honest question.

If found guilty which I think he will be I think he should serve a year or 2 in prison or at the very least house arrest.

I don't think he should get any more or any less than the typical sentence.
There is no typical sentence for this crime. Virtually nobody ever gets taken the trial for it. The only reason there is a trial is because the Trump appointed judge buckled to Republicans balking at the plea deal both prosecutors and the defense agreed on.

• Haha
Reactions: Jan Itor and abby97
There is no typical sentence for this crime. Virtually nobody ever gets taken the trial for it. The only reason there is a trial is because the Trump appointed judge buckled to Republicans balking at the plea deal both prosecutors and the defense agreed on.

Well I for one think maybe more people should go to trial for it. We don't need drug addicts carrying around firearms.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Well I for one think maybe more people should go to trial for it. We don't need drug addicts carrying around firearms.
Fair enough. All the same prosecutors agreed to a plea deal with Hunter. Rs caught wind of it, became enraged, and petitioned the Trump appointed judge to deny it, and here we are. No way this ever goes to trial if it was one of us. Near zero chance the state would bother taking this to trial for anybody else.

Reactions: 3 and Out on D
prosecutors agreed to a plea deal with Hunter. Rs caught wind of it, became enraged, and petitioned the Trump appointed judge to deny it, and here we are. No way this ever goes to trial if it was one of us. Near zero chance the state would bother taking this to trial for anybody else.

There's more to go than this,.. Plea deal would have erased this charge plus the remaining tax charges that Hunter will be tried for in September,... Don't piss and moan about the bad Republicans and the Trump appointed judge. The plea deal was totally crooked, and demonstrates the state of our current DOJ....

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
Fair enough. All the same prosecutors agreed to a plea deal with Hunter. Rs caught wind of it, became enraged, and petitioned the Trump appointed judge to deny it, and here we are. No way this ever goes to trial if it was one of us. Near zero chance the state would bother taking this to trial for anybody else.
Do your homework, it wasn't a typical plea deal. It was a get out of jail free card with zero consequences and never would have been offered to anyone not named Biden.

There's more to go than this,.. Plea deal would have erased this charge plus the remaining tax charges that Hunter will be tried for in September,... Don't piss and moan about the bad Republicans and the Trump appointed judge. The plea deal was totally crooked, and demonstrates the state of our current DOJ....
You can disagree with the deal if you want. But prosecutors agreed to it. Only the judge said it was no good and that they would have to scrap it. And this was right after Republicans very publicly threw a fit over it. Seems highly likely the deal was killed over politics.

Reactions: 3 and Out on D
Do your homework, it wasn't a typical plea deal. It was a get out of jail free card with zero consequences and never would have been offered to anyone not named Biden.
You do your homework. Virtually all of cases like this end in plea deals. It looks likely the only reason this went to trial was because of his last name. If you smoked some weed and bought a gun do you think you'd be taken to trial? Hell no.

You can disagree with the deal if you want. But prosecutors agreed to it. Only the judge said it was no good and that they would have to scrap it. And this was right after Republicans very publicly threw a fit over it. Seems highly likely the deal was killed over politics.

The deal was killed because it reeked of corruption and couldn't stand the light of public exposure,.. Absolutely everyone saw it for the bullshit that it was...

The deal was killed because it reeked of corruption and couldn't stand the light of public exposure,.. Absolutely everyone saw it for the bullshit that it was...
Seems like you're admitted here that public perception killed the deal and not how these cases usually end.

Seems like you're admitted here that public perception killed the deal and not how these cases usually end.

Seems like you've admitted that when hidden from the public, the dealings of our DOJ are usually corrupt...

Seems like you've admitted that when hidden from the public, the dealings of our DOJ are usually corrupt...
This makes no sense. Virtually all gun charges like this end in plea deals. Are you saying that all of those deals are corrupt because Republicans didn't inject themselves into the conversation?

In 2019, the year Hunter Biden purchased that gun, there were 478 criminal referrals for lying on that form. They filed 298 cases. That same year, 243,000 people failed the background check. That means 243,000 lied on their form. Almost all weren’t charged.

I believe that the most common reason charges are filed is that the weapon was used in a crime, which is obviously not the case here. The only reason Hunter Biden was charged is that he is the son of the president.

This makes no sense. Virtually all gun charges like this end in plea deals. Are you saying that all of those deals are corrupt because Republicans didn't inject themselves into the conversation?
How about we just enforce gun laws? And I’m ok with more gun laws, but they are worthless if they are not enforced, prosecuted and the sentencing is carried out.

But did he get a light plea deal because his dad was the president?

I'm not saying that his dad ordered the prosecutors to go easy on him. I'm saying the prosecutors were lazy and didn't want to F around with low level charges against a high profile person. Which for the record is pretty common with any high profile person regardless of politics.

The corrupt deal was about much more than just this singular gun charge,.. Up next will be taxes, and even though the most egregious tax violations were slow walked until the statute of limitations passed, the remainder will still be difficult...

Nobody not named Biden is offered a deal from the DOJ to walk from both this gun charge and multiple years of tax fraud. The public saw this bullshit deal for what it was and that's why it couldn't stand the light of day...

The corrupt deal was about much more than just this singular gun charge,.. Up next will be taxes, and even though the most egregious tax violations were slow walked until the statute of limitations passed, the remainder will still be difficult...

Nobody not named Biden is offered a deal from the DOJ to walk from both this gun charge and multiple years of tax fraud. The public saw this bullshit deal for what it was and that's why it couldn't stand the light of day...
I showed a link that says this is rarely prosecuted. Any comments on that?

I showed a link that says this is rarely prosecuted. Any comments on that?

They already allowed the worst tax violations to lapse, and the remainder have potential to be very embarrassing to the Biden family,.. This gun charge is the DOJ's best opportunity to appear unbiased before they go easy on the tax case in September,.. My prediction is that Hunter gets slapped for the gun charge which then allows them to dispense a cursory reprimand on the remaining tax violations...

Sure, why not. If he's guilty, get punished.

If he's found not guilty, then we have to listen to the MAGA whiners about the "deep state" or whatever.
If he is found not guilty, then the jury made an emotional decision rather than factual.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT