ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane Milton reaches Category 5 strength on approach to Florida

Far more than a billion dude...~90% of human population lives within ~20 miles of the coast
100 years ago world population was under 2 billion.

We've built housing for 6 billion since then.
2 billion people added in the last 20 years.
If a billion need to be somewhere else, that will be built too.

Whatever it does you will find that the temperature does not change nearly as rapidly as the bottom of that graph. Maybe 65 million years ago after the Chicxulub impact that pretty much ended dinosaurs might be comparable.

And maybe during the PETM...but our are oceans acidifying faster now than then, so maybe not

Last edited:
Reactions: BrianNole777
MAGA logic folks, MAGA logic
UN expects another 2 billion to be added to the world population by 2100.

Is your logic that a world that constructed homes for 2 billion souls in the last 20 years can’t accommodate more construction than that in the next 80?

So much of what we utilize was built in our own lifetimes. The factories that make the things you consume, and the places most people live today, didn’t even exist before you were born. New things will continue to be created after you die.

UN expects another 2 billion to be added to the world population by 2100.

Is your logic that a world that constructed homes for 2 billion souls in the last 20 years can’t accommodate more construction than that in the next 80?

So much of what we utilize was built in our own lifetimes. The factories that make the things you consume, and the places most people live today, didn’t even exist before you were born. New things will continue to be created after you die.

Please stop dude, just stop.

It ain't just housing, idiot...you're not taking into account all the Infrastructure to support the population in a completely new area or if the new area's water resources can even support the new population or the reduction in quality of life because of said expenses in moving the population or what happens in areas that afford the costs so there's mass migration, etc.

Would you just hurry up and cum, you've been edging for hours now.

Please stop dude, just stop.

It ain't just housing, idiot...you're not taking into account all the Infrastructure to support the population in a completely new area

We built that too!!!
You think we discovered sewer lines and decided to zone it for housing?

or if the new area's water resources can even support the new population or

There’s more than ample water for population. It’s farming that gets away with not paying for water that uneconomically wastes it.
Let the almond farmers buy their water at market rates and you’ll have plenty to wash your ass.
This is why systems matter for how you respond to changing circumstances.

the reduction in quality of life because of said expenses in moving the population or what happens in areas that afford the costs so there's mass migration, etc.
You’re not appreciating the degree to which capital stock (housing, infrastructure, all of it) is continually built and renewed.
In 30 years do you think people will want a house that was built in 1980? Or one that was built in 2050?
The renewal of the capital stock is going to happen regardless, yet you act like it’s an insufferable burden, and that the world doesn’t continue to grow wealth whilst continually doing it.

We built that too!!!
You think we discovered sewer lines and decided to zone it for housing?

There’s more than ample water for population. It’s farming that gets away with not paying for water that uneconomically wastes it.
Let the almond farmers buy their water at market rates and you’ll have plenty to wash your ass.
This is why systems matter for how you respond to changing circumstances.

You’re not appreciating the degree to which capital stock (housing, infrastructure, all of it) is continually built and renewed.
In 30 years do you think people will want a house that was built in 1980? Or one that was built in 2050?
The renewal of the capital stock is going to happen regardless, yet you act like it’s an insufferable burden, and that the world doesn’t continue to grow wealth whilst continually doing it.

Did you work in the Engineering department for a Water Utility? Because I did, so I might know just a little more about this subject than you....no, I know 20x more than this subject than you.

Will you hurry up and fvcking finish?

jreed babbling about GAIA in this thread.

That tells me this climate change crap is more like a religious belief than science.

jreed babbling about GAIA in this thread.

That tells me this climate change crap is more like a religious belief than science.

Lol.....you can sleep well tonight Trad, I found an idiot that's even worse than debating you on the subject back in the day.

And the idea that you don't fvcking know after 20 years of explaining that to you that i use GAIA as a frame of reference for the combined interactions of all species and not an actual entity.... explains it perfectly of why you ended up MAGA.

You can't make this shit up

read somewhere about the deep deep waters in the gulf, still very cold waters, can get churned to the surface by a hurricane and that can weaken the system as well.

I may be wrong, but I think upwelling of cool water is more of a phenomenon in the Atlantic. The Gulf is more shallow and warm. That's partly why storms in the gulf often have explosive intensification.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT