ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Rant----God I Hate Them!!!

TJFant

HR All-State
Oct 1, 2019
I know how so many of you love Husker posts-----NOT! Anyway, living in Council Bluffs all of the media attention out of Omaha is always on the freaking Huskers which gets way, way too old. For me, it came to a head this weekend. The Nonpareil, the CB newspaper, was bought out by the OWH probably 10 years ago and now published by OWH staff of course. Not one word in the paper about Iowa's basketball victory over Michigan Friday night in either the Saturday or Sunday paper. We have news on Creighton and Iowa State, but no Iowa. Then here is the stickler. In today's paper there is a half page story by Sam McKeown, chief OWH kiss ass, about how the Huskers are about to majorly tap the fertile recruiting ground in Iowa this year. My hatred of the Huskers just grew by another 50%. I am cancelling the paper tomorrow!

...{whaaaaaaa!}...
giphy.gif

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
Is he wrong? They got an Iowa commit right now, look to be favorites for Fidone, and in the running for Bollers, Malcom, Bowie, and Brecht. If I had to guess they’d get at least 3 if they push for Malcom’s commitment, maybe 4 if they can convince Bollers.

I know how so many of you love Husker posts-----NOT! Anyway, living in Council Bluffs all of the media attention out of Omaha is always on the freaking Huskers which gets way, way too old. For me, it came to a head this weekend. The Nonpareil, the CB newspaper, was bought out by the OWH probably 10 years ago and now published by OWH staff of course. Not one word in the paper about Iowa's basketball victory over Michigan Friday night in either the Saturday or Sunday paper. We have news on Creighton and Iowa State, but no Iowa. Then here is the stickler. In today's paper there is a half page story by Sam McKeown, chief OWH kiss ass, about how the Huskers are about to majorly tap the fertile recruiting ground in Iowa this year. My hatred of the Huskers just grew by another 50%. I am cancelling the paper tomorrow!

So the major newspaper in the state's largest city pays a lot of attention to the state's only Division I football program.

I'm as shocked as you are.

Is he wrong? They got an Iowa commit right now, look to be favorites for Fidone, and in the running for Bollers, Malcom, Bowie, and Brecht. If I had to guess they’d get at least 3 if they push for Malcom’s commitment, maybe 4 if they can convince Bollers.
They won’t end up with 3+, maybe 2.

Reactions: EKHawk
/

Of the top 10 2021 high school athletes, 4 commits to Iowa. I feel our chances are good for at least 2 more. The Nebraska verbal was not offered by Iowa. Bollers and Fidone are still a question but a lot of time left.

Wait, Omaha still has a printed newspaper? I’ve lived there going on 25 years now, and even I’m calling bullsh*t on this one...

The Omaha Weird Herald thinks the Huskers are still the same team form the last century. It is more comfortable for them to print fairy tales than tell the truth.

Reactions: WestIAHawk

Might I suggest looking for a different job? Possibly transferring to a different office if your job has that option. Just saying ... your current situation seems to bother you, life’s to short

Reactions: shotdoc08
The media rarely talks about Iowa anyway. No worries. I would suggest moving out of that area if I were you.

The recruting thing might be true but I honestly don't understand why they would go to Nebraska. They haven't been elite in any of their lifetimes. If they do, oh well.

They still print newspapers? :eek: How quaint.........

Lutovsky didn’t have an Iowa offer. Seth won’t be getting an Iowa offer unfortunately. Otherwise, his recruitment would be over. I feel confident he will still stay in state. An Iowa insider feels confident in Fidone going to Iowa. Bollers is probably going east. I don’t think one Iowa recruit a year is really doing much.

Lutovsky didn’t have an Iowa offer. Seth won’t be getting an Iowa offer unfortunately. Otherwise, his recruitment would be over. I feel confident he will still stay in state. An Iowa insider feels confident in Fidone going to Iowa. Bollers is probably going east. I don’t think one Iowa recruit a year is really doing much.

What does an Iowa offer have to do with anything? The OP was complaining about Mckeown saying Nebraska was going to tap into Iowa this year. If they get 3-4 recruits, Id say that is a pretty good haul.

Everything Ive heard about Fidone, it is just a matter of time until he commits to Nebraska.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
What does an Iowa offer have to do with anything? The OP was complaining about Mckeown saying Nebraska was going to tap into Iowa this year. If they get 3-4 recruits, Id say that is a pretty good haul.

Everything Ive heard about Fidone, it is just a matter of time until he commits to Nebraska.

It’s the angle your sports writers have to take to make it sound like Netra5hka is taking recruits right out from under Iowa’s nose because that’s all you have, the off season victories. OWH and LSJ writers are so delusional it’s not even funny. They don’t live in reality, nor the fans. It’s just one big fantasy land with so much bs being written and talked about because that’s all you have, Netra5hka football in your lives to make you feel like you belong to something that used to be good.

Now, it’s just a rusty old Ford Pinto that’s still being washed and waxed sitting in the drive way while the Ford Shelby Mustangs going flying by as you wish your ride was more like it than the worn out, old model you can’t seem to let go because of all those memories. Enjoy riding in that clunker.

Reactions: rchawk

The point of the article is to rile up the natives that Frost is taking over the state and getting recruits over the home schools. Nebraska won’t be getting 3-4 kids from Iowa unless they take even more guys without Iowa offers, which could happen.

It’s the angle your sports writers have to take to make it sound like Netra5hka is taking recruits right out from under Iowa’s nose because that’s all you have, the off season victories. OWH and LSJ writers are so delusional it’s not even funny. They don’t live in reality, nor the fans. It’s just one big fantasy land with so much bs being written and talked about because that’s all you have, Netra5hka football in your lives to make you feel like you belong to something that used to be good.

Now, it’s just a rusty old Ford Pinto that’s still being washed and waxed sitting in the drive way while the Ford Shelby Mustangs going flying by as you wish your ride was more like it than the worn out, old model you can’t seem to let go because of all those memories. Enjoy riding in that clunker.

Lots of projection here. It really has a lot less to do with Iowa and more to do with Nebraska. Stealing a recruit away from Iowa (or Wisconsin) is a nice benefit, but its not the main concern.

Nebraska has more or less ignored the State of Iowa under previous staffs, and hasn't really been recruiting the Iowa for a decade plus. They have gotten 2 guys in the past 2 years. And if they can bump that up to 3-4 this year, it means they are starting to establish a pipeline into the state.

The point of the article is to rile up the natives that Frost is taking over the state and getting recruits over the home schools. Nebraska won’t be getting 3-4 kids from Iowa unless they take even more guys without Iowa offers, which could happen.

Not really, Nebraska wants to recruit the 500 mile radius. They haven't recruited Iowa much for the past decade plus, which doesnt make a lot of sense given proximity. SO getting more recruits form the 500 mile radius sets a good base for the class. Nebraska might be able to get40-50% of their class from the 500 mile radius this year

Nebraska writers write articles about recruiting in Florida, Georgia, California, and we have been harping on recruiting in Missouri/St Louis for years now. Iowa is just a new area that they are starting to see an uptick in recruiting. Really over thinking this. I could paste about 50 article about recruiting in Missouri

Striking in St Louis

Battling in St Louis

Wants Success in St Louis

Satellite camp season starts in St. Louis

Nebraska reaffirms commitment to St Louis

These articles are just status quo. There are bunch about Florida, California, Arizona, Georgia, Colorado, even South Dakota, etc. Nebraska is seeing an uptick in recruiting activity in Iowa, so there are going to be article about Iowa. Just the way it is here.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Lots of projection here. It really has a lot less to do with Iowa and more to do with Nebraska. Stealing a recruit away from Iowa (or Wisconsin) is a nice benefit, but its not the main concern.

Nebraska has more or less ignored the State of Iowa under previous staffs, and hasn't really been recruiting the Iowa for a decade plus. They have gotten 2 guys in the past 2 years. And if they can bump that up to 3-4 this year, it means they are starting to establish a pipeline into the state.
Establishing a pipeline for lower tier recruits that don’t have Iowa offers. Sure it’s a pipeline, but they’ll still have to develop those guys and have success with them to bring in the top tier recruits.

LoL. I’m projecting? That’s all you guys do.

Gonna get top 10, 15, 20 classes, win the west, play in the B1G championship game all of the time, not settle for 8 to 9 wins, restore the order, play for National championships, blah, blah, blah.

Speaking of projection, let’s see how well you actually do on the recruiting trail in Iowa before saying how you and sports writers say that basically all Iowa recruits are in line to go to Lincoln in a year where there are ten plus recruits, most already committed to Iowa.

Establishing a pipeline for lower tier recruits that don’t have Iowa offers. Sure it’s a pipeline, but they’ll still have to develop those guys and have success with them to bring in the top tier recruits.

Sure they have to develop them, that's a given. Iowa fans should even mad if they dont have offers, it probably is hurting ISU more in that case.

That said, Nebraska didnt want Ott, Bazata, Fisher, Tarpinian, Shada, Seth Olson, Prater brothers, etc either. Seemed work to out okay for Iowa.

I would say Fidone is a pretty highly rated guy. Bollers looks like a Wisconsin lean right now, but Nebraska is still in it. The current Iowa commit Nebraska has is a 5.7 3 star that pretty good ranking. These arent guys that only Northern Iowa are going after.

Gonna get top 10, 15, 20 classes, win the west, play in the B1G championship game all of the time, not settle for 8 to 9 wins, restore the order, play for National championships, blah, blah, blah.

Speaking of projection, let’s see how well you actually do on the recruiting trail in Iowa before saying how you and sports writers say that basically all Iowa recruits are in line to go to Lincoln in a year where there are ten plus recruits, most already committed to Iowa.

For sure. You guys were right about Riley. Frost is still up in the air. Im pretty confident he's gonna be successful here, but I cant say for sure. Just because Riley didnt develop recruits doesnt mean Frost wont.

I didnt say they all are going to Lincoln. I said It looks like they are in line to get 3-4 at this time. Its a good devlopement for the program if that happens. Before this staff Nebraska had maybe had 2 Iowa recruits since the early 2000s.

This is what some of our current Nebraska posters need to keep in mind, When Nebraska joined the Big, Iowa message boards were flooded with Nebraska posters announcing that the road to Big West and for that matter Big Championships would go through Lincoln, A lot of chest pounding went on back in those days, The “You reap what you sow” thought comes to mind often these days.

Iowa didn't want Lutovsky, it's a loss for ISU not Iowa. Iowa has good chances at some other highly rated ol prospects.

I wouldn't count on Fidone for nebby. He knows which program is te U and it's not nebby. What worries me is that Iowa is loaded with good young te's and Fidone can get early playing time in Lincoln.

Bowie and Brecht are taking their time and making visits. Why is the Nebraska propaganda machine act like they are only visiting nebby? Both have visited Iowa several times and are both Iowa leans.

Bollers and Iowa parted ways but now looks like a dialogue has been reset. Bollers will pick Iowa when he realizes he is better suited as a de in a 4-3. If he doesn't Wiscy is the likely choice.

I think you are somewhat correct. The 500 mile radius is always a huge talking point, and Iowa recruiting definitely fits that bill. South Dakota is producing some decent talent lately as well that seems to be getting some coverage.

At the end of the day though, who really cares? Iowa will find the guys they want, develop the hell out of them. That's their MO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT