ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Rant----God I Hate Them!!!

Not really, Nebraska wants to recruit the 500 mile radius. They haven't recruited Iowa much for the past decade plus, which doesnt make a lot of sense given proximity. SO getting more recruits form the 500 mile radius sets a good base for the class. Nebraska might be able to get40-50% of their class from the 500 mile radius this year

Nebraska writers write articles about recruiting in Florida, Georgia, California, and we have been harping on recruiting in Missouri/St Louis for years now. Iowa is just a new area that they are starting to see an uptick in recruiting. Really over thinking this. I could paste about 50 article about recruiting in Missouri
2019 you stole 1 recruit
2020 you stole 1 recruit.
2021 you stole 1 recruit.....from ISU lol

calling that an "uptick" is why we(well, myself at least) laugh :)

They way I see it, the Hawkeyes don't often lose to Nebraska head to head with recruiting or head to head on the football field. If some IA players without a Hawk offer choose to attend Nebraska, it's likely a Neb recruiting victory over Iowa State.

Reactions: kwik44
Sure they have to develop them, that's a given. Iowa fans should even mad if they dont have offers, it probably is hurting ISU more in that case.

That said, Nebraska didnt want Ott, Bazata, Fisher, Tarpinian, Shada, Seth Olson, Prater brothers, etc either. Seemed work to out okay for Iowa.

I would say Fidone is a pretty highly rated guy. Bollers looks like a Wisconsin lean right now, but Nebraska is still in it. The current Iowa commit Nebraska has is a 5.7 3 star that pretty good ranking. These arent guys that only Northern Iowa are going after.
The Fidone recruitment seems odd to me in a way. There are reports on the Nebby board that he made a comment... paraphrasing... "The Iowa TE room is kind of crowded". If he's looking to be a starter from Day 1... Nebraska is probably the choice. But for a 4* kid to make that comment comes off as a fear of competition, imo. In the Iowa system, it's imperative that a TE can be a blocker as well as a pass catcher. Maybe he doesn't like contact and at 215lbs, he's too small to be effective right now.

After a redshirt year for Fidone... LaPorta and Beyer are likely both gone. Where's the crowd? Not every high school star TE wants to play on Sundays. If you want a guarantee to be a starter from your first day on campus... go to the Huskers. If you want to earn that spot... go to Iowa.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
The Fidone recruitment seems odd to me in a way. There are reports on the Nebby board that he made a comment... paraphrasing... "The Iowa TE room is kind of crowded". If he's looking to be a starter from Day 1... Nebraska is probably the choice. But for a 4* kid to make that comment comes off as a fear of competition, imo. In the Iowa system, it's imperative that a TE can be a blocker as well as a pass catcher. Maybe he doesn't like contact and at 215lbs, he's too small to be effective right now.

After a redshirt year for Fidone... LaPorta and Beyer are likely both gone. Where's the crowd? Not every high school star TE wants to play on Sundays. If you want a guarantee to be a starter from your first day on campus... go to the Huskers. If you want to earn that spot... go to Iowa.

I’m sure Fidone is referring to LaPorta and Josiah Miamen from the 2019 class and highly regarded Yelverton out of Texas and Lachey out of Ohio in the 2020 class. That’s some serious fire power at the tight end position that will be producing great options for the Iowa offense for years to come. Imagine if Iowa kept Logan Lee at the position as well? But he’s going to be a beast at DE/DT for the next three to four years.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder

Iowa runs some 3 TE sets. Not sure why he wouldn’t want to come here. But he did grow up in Nebraska and as a Nebraska fan plus still lives closer to Lincoln than Iowa City. This wouldn’t really be stealing a recruit from Iowa even though they want to paint that picture.

Iowa runs some 3 TE sets. Not sure why he wouldn’t want to come here. But he did grow up in Nebraska and as a Nebraska fan plus still lives closer to Lincoln than Iowa City. This wouldn’t really be stealing a recruit from Iowa even though they want to paint that picture.
Good point. I know Nebraska always seems to get highly rated recruits regardless of who the HC is, but damn... is there more than 1-2 guys on that roster that could be a starter at Iowa? Development has been atrocious in Lincoln... no matter who the coach is.

But hey......the 90s.:rolleyes:

Reactions: FlickShagwell

Not all high school football stars want to play in the NFL

Last edited:
I think you are somewhat correct. The 500 mile radius is always a huge talking point, and Iowa recruiting definitely fits that bill. South Dakota is producing some decent talent lately as well that seems to be getting some coverage.

At the end of the day though, who really cares? Iowa will find the guys they want, develop the hell out of them. That's their MO

A lot of time and energy could be saved if your fellow Huskers could get the bolded through their thick skulls.

Ferentz has a system in place and the best S&C coach money can buy. They identify guys that fit what they're looking to do regardless of recruiting ranking and hand them over to Doyle.

Another thing Ferentz is great at is looking at a kid and projecting them at a different position than they played in high school. TE to OT comes to mind.

Frost is still learning on the job. So while he can pat himself on the back for landing these 4* guys, that's just the beginning of the process. He doesn't know how to develop them yet.

So you can see why we roll our eyes and mock those running over here to announce the recruiting rankings.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ha...mas-fidone-has-hawkeyes-among-top-schools/amp

Personally I think Nebraska is his childhood favorite and is making excuses to not join Iowa, as opposed to TJ Bollers his recent comments are telling and kinda felt he was trying to let the coaching staff not to back off because of all the national attention and 3-4 talk he outlined those subject points clearly and what do you know later Brian/Kirk schedule a BB visit... Recruiting is crazy and sometimes it’s hard to understand these high schoolers, honestly tho this type of recruiting and early success with the transfer portal only reassures me they’re taking notes straight from Belichick and we’re in good hands.

Last edited:
Why are there so many Nebraska threads? And why do they go on for multiple pages?

Oh, and why are so many Nebraska fans over here in...January?

Inquiring minds want to know.

/

Of the top 10 2021 high school athletes, 4 commits to Iowa. I feel our chances are good for at least 2 more. The Nebraska verbal was not offered by Iowa. Bollers and Fidone are still a question but a lot of time left.
I do not get Fidone not going to Iowa since he is a TE? He is young though, and young people make mistakes.

The point of the article is to rile up the natives that Frost is taking over the state and getting recruits over the home schools. Nebraska won’t be getting 3-4 kids from Iowa unless they take even more guys without Iowa offers, which could happen.
Frosts early successes recruiting will not continue. He was able to offer early playing time when he first came. You can tell by the number of players quitting and jumping on the transfer portal that they do not feel they are going to get a fair shot if they are a Senior. We will see what he can do once he has to keep the promises he has made. Right now one of the attractions in Lincoln is the fact that the inmates are running the asylum and some Bangers will be attracted to that.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Why are there so many Nebraska threads? And why do they go on for multiple pages?

Oh, and why are so many Nebraska fans over here in...January?

Inquiring minds want to know.
My guess is since 99% of Iowa fans are banned on the Nebby Rivals site and fusker fans are starting to realize this, they flock over here for any discussion between the two fan bases. If the pansy Nebby mods would simply "un-ban" (is that a word?) Iowa posters then perhaps much of this discussion here could migrate to the Nebby board.

My guess is since 99% of Iowa fans are banned on the Nebby Rivals site and fusker fans are starting to realize this, they flock over here for any discussion between the two fan bases. If the pansy Nebby mods would simply "un-ban" (is that a word?) Iowa posters then perhaps much of this discussion here could migrate to the Nebby board.
Since Nebraska doesn’t have a “off topic” board I believe many Nebraska posters are on the Iowa board under different names.

A lot of time and energy could be saved if your fellow Huskers could get the bolded through their thick skulls.

Ferentz has a system in place and the best S&C coach money can buy. They identify guys that fit what they're looking to do regardless of recruiting ranking and hand them over to Doyle.

Another thing Ferentz is great at is looking at a kid and projecting them at a different position than they played in high school. TE to OT comes to mind.

Frost is still learning on the job. So while he can pat himself on the back for landing these 4* guys, that's just the beginning of the process. He doesn't know how to develop them yet.

So you can see why we roll our eyes and mock those running over here to announce the recruiting rankings.

I think most Husker fans know this. The message board fans are just a different breed at all schools. Iowa is phenomenal at development and their S&C is elite. I've always said Iowa could be real dangerous if it ever got a few elite recruiting classes.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I find it funny how a Nebby fan from a loser program would tell us what Iowa would do and how Iowa would take a player if given the chance.

Iowa offers half the number of scholarships to Nebby because Iowa doesn't accept every talented player it finds. It cherry picks the well-rounded character people who have exceptional talent. It must be working since we own Nebby. I wouldn't change a thing

I find it funny how a Nebby fan from a loser program would tell us what Iowa would do and how Iowa would take a player if given the chance.

Iowa offers half the number of scholarships to Nebby because Iowa doesn't accept every talented player it finds. It cherry picks the well-rounded character people who have exceptional talent. It must be working since we own Nebby. I wouldn't change a thing
Way less than half, way less. As in Iowa is in the low 100's. Nebraska is in the low 300's.

I want to say that we were second lowest in the B1G. Northwestern is around 85-90.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT