ADVERTISEMENT

HWC out performs NLWC

HawkeyePA

HB All-State
Mar 27, 2012
I guess with Spencer making the finals and getting silver as compared to numerous NLWC team members who either didn't medal at all or placed lower than expected ( and the Russians weren't even there) the Hawkeye Wrestling club with Spencer and Now Kennedy Blades taking silver for the ladies, may have actually out performed the NLWC and all of its fanfare ? I guess Tom , Terry and Daniel aren't too shabby as freestyle coaches after all. ....1, 2, 3 and cue all of the trolls and crazed PSU folks whenever they let those words sink in.

Reactions: fronk71
Kind of a stretch to say we out performed them when they have guys on the team that we do not. That being said, Dake and Snyder have not made any noticeable leaps since moving over there. The Brooks collapse I guess can be chalked up to inexperience I guess??

Not my style to get into a "who's better" pissing match, so I'll just stick with positives for this team.

The only US representatives in the men's finals of the Olympics train and coach right here in Iowa City. Perhaps this can be a reminder that there is still more than one option to train for athletes with lofty Olympic goals.

And let's not forget the run of Iowa Hawkeyes holding the 57kgs spot. Got to count for something when recruiting the little guys, right?

Reactions: Aleric1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT