ADVERTISEMENT

I’m going to end up voting for Trump (Just kidding Chishawk)

the whole point of our system of government is that no one person has much power even presidents need A LOT of help/buy-in from other people to make major legislative chagnes

Biden has been in Washington long enough to have provided a substantial amount of the "help" you describe,.. Far from being an outsider, he is largely responsible for the entire mess...

• Haha
Reactions: Torg and Flie
Biden has been in Washington long enough to have provided a substantial amount of the "help" you describe,.. Far from being an outsider, he is largely responsible for the entire mess...
i don't know what you think we're arguing here

yes...joe biden is a washington insider. no argument here

It applies to taxes because there is a problem with taxes. If there was a problem with environmental regulations or civil rights that needed fixing, then yes, I would expect a president with both houses of congress to do something about it. You dont?

What is the problem with taxes?

i don't know what you think we're arguing here

yes...joe biden is a washington insider. no argument here

You are saying that Biden isn't responsible, because he's only the president,.. Whereas I am saying that being an intricate part of the political machine during his entire adult life, makes Biden totally responsible.

You were talking about taxes in general and the president being able to change the laws. I guess you have no answer.
I was talking about people blaming Trump when Biden could have fixed anything that Trump screwed up. Follow along. Don't just jump in at the end.

@RagnarLothbrok

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I don’t care if he is a piece of shit. My taxes went way up this year. Hearing the same thing from a lot of other people.

Meanwhile worthless people who barely work and just keep popping out kids are getting all kinds of tax refund money.

Screw Joe Biden. Trump is about to have my vote.
is this a trap?

I was talking about people blaming Trump when Biden could have fixed anything that Trump screwed up. Follow along. Don't just jump in at the end.
How could of Biden have fixed anything that Trump screwed up without 60 senators? You need to do some research on how Congress works.

Reactions: Torg
I owed $78 in Federal Income Tax this year. I guess I'm still not voting.

2021 - Owed $4746.00*
2022 - Return $30.24
2023 - Owed $78.00

*2022 was my screw up for not adjusting my withholding when I came back to AT&T at a higher salary.
You mean you owed $78 more on top of what had already been withheld, correct?

It seems like you're confirming an observation I heard long ago, that people don't realize what they pay in federal taxes, only how much they owe or get back each April.

i wish we could just do a 10 or 12% flat federal income tax. get rid of deductions. eliminate 90% of the irs and the agency only exists for self employed and 1099 people.

It was me being cross. 😉

And trying to get a rise out of Chishawk.

While it’s true a lot of tax stuff goes over my head, there’s no way in hell I am ever voting for Trump. Ever.
Got it. Good to have a sense of humor on here. I totally understand why Never Trumpers exist. He does himself no favors.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
You mean you owed $78 more on top of what had already been withheld, correct?

It seems like you're confirming an observation I heard long ago, that people don't realize what they pay in federal taxes, only how much they owe or get back each April.
Yes. The "due" on April 15th amount on top of what I already pay throughout the year. I know what I pay each year and what I had to adjust my W-4 to in order for there not to be "sticker" shock. I was making a, failed, attempt to be tongue in cheek with my response.

i wish we could just do a 10 or 12% flat federal income tax. get rid of deductions. eliminate 90% of the irs and the agency only exists for self employed and 1099 people.

90% is a pretty crazy number. That would leave less than 10K employees, about a third of a company like Visa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT