ADVERTISEMENT

I’m going to end up voting for Trump (Just kidding Chishawk)

Well, since you probably haven’t seen the rest of the thread, I was being facetious about voting for Trump. I am still trying to figure out why my federal taxes went up so much, though. My income really hasn’t changed much.

Yes, people who hold up signs “Government keep hands off my Medicare!” are hilarious. Thankfully, I will never be one of those people. I also have at least two and a half decades to go before I have to worry about Medicare.
Think you are confusing your actual taxes vs what your refund/amount due was on your tax return. If your income didnt significantly change from 2022 - assuming your are a w2 employee, then more than likely it was a withholding issue. compare your box 1 & 2 from your w2 from the 2 years. that is more than likely your issue - again, that is if nothing significantly changed from the 2022 to 2023.

Think you are confusing your actual taxes vs what your refund/amount due was on your tax return. If your income didnt significantly change from 2022 - assuming your are a w2 employee, then more than likely it was a withholding issue. compare your box 1 & 2 from your w2 from the 2 years. that is more than likely your issue - again, that is if nothing significantly changed from the 2022 to 2023.
Withholdings were still the same.

I’m going to figure it out with someone who understands this stuff better than I do.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Sorry, missed the sarcasm. It's hard to separate the sarcasm from the reality these days.
You didn’t miss the sarcasm in the OP. I was trying to bait a few people.

I expected a few of the MAGAs to out themselves and high five me, but apparently they can instinctively tell when someone isn’t actually a member of the MAGA cult.

You didn’t miss the sarcasm in the OP. I was trying to bait a few people.

I expected a few of the MAGAs to out themselves and high five me, but apparently they can instinctively tell when someone isn’t actually a member of the MAGA cult.
They are smart enough to spot their own kind. Usually it's because they have red hats on.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
I can't take you serious w/o an Avatar.

5iWmSgI.png

Reactions: cigaretteman
Withholdings were still the same.

I’m going to figure it out with someone who understands this stuff better than I do.

You really need to compare your 2023 1040 with your 2022 side by side. It should take less than a minute for someone who undertstands taxes to figure out why. It could be anything like a kid turning 17, or no longer eligible for college credits, or not even being able to claim them, or changing IRA contributions from Traditional to Roth. We can guess all day long, but everyone's situation is different.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
You really need to compare your 2023 1040 with your 2022 side by side. It should take less than a minute for someone who undertstands taxes to figure out why. It could be anything like a kid turning 17, or no longer eligible for college credits, or not even being able to claim them, or changing IRA contributions from Traditional to Roth. We can guess all day long, but everyone's situation is different.
Yeah, I have a tax person who is going to walk me through it later.

Reactions: Funky Bunch
this isn't an intentional dig at ragnar, but it is just shocking at how many people are clueless when it comes to their own personal tax return. i understand that most people cringe at the thought of doing their taxes, but people should still be able to understand what is going on when it comes to their personal tax return. and if they use a cpa to do their taxes - they should expect the cpa to explain their tax situation to them when they are finished.

how many people in this thread are complaining about their taxes going up, or blaming trump tax cuts expiring when neither of those things happened. majority of people are just clueless when it comes to taxes.

basic understanding of taxes as well as a personal financial management should be required classes in high school and college.

Try again.. I’ve paid more in taxes these last three years than anytime under Trump. Not to mention, inflation is a silent killer, acts as taxation. Who do you think is paying for the student debt? Build back better? Green deal? $6T handed out during covid UNDER Biden (not Trump)? Biden runs the economy like his own personal piggy bank. Biden has added more national debt than any other president.. FACT. Trump and Biden together are 1/3 of national debt. Don’t get me started on migrants and how they are treated compared to vets or the low income class.
You seem to be misinformed.

Read this.

this isn't an intentional dig at ragnar, but it is just shocking at how many people are clueless when it comes to their own personal tax return. i understand that most people cringe at the thought of doing their taxes, but people should still be able to understand what is going on when it comes to their personal tax return. and if they use a cpa to do their taxes - they should expect the cpa to explain their tax situation to them when they are finished.

how many people in this thread are complaining about their taxes going up, or blaming trump tax cuts expiring when neither of those things happened. majority of people are just clueless when it comes to taxes.

basic understanding of taxes as well as a personal financial management should be required classes in high school and college.

I think people understood them more when they had the forms mailed to them or picked them up at the post office, then fillled them out by hand in pencil.

No they haven’t.

As far as taxes going up. I think lots of people are being caught off guard by their cash actually paying them some interest. It’s been 15+ years since people have had 5, 10,15k in interest. They forget it is taxed as ordinary income.
Yes they have

Trump is a POS, I haven't voted for him, and won't vote for him.

If I ONLY had the choice between Biden and Trump, and was forced to vote for one of them, I'd vote for Trump, based on better policies.

General policies - edge Trump
Presidential demeanor - edge Biden
Mental acuity - slight edge Trump
Picking a cabinet (competency) - edge Biden
Picking a cabinet (policy) - edge Trump
Fiscal policy - slight edge Trump
Tax policy - slight edge Trump
Foreign policy - edge Trump
Trade policy - slight edge Biden
Energy policy - big edge Trump
National security (border) - big edge Trump
National security (debt) - slight edge Trump
2A - Big edge Trump
Federal Regulation - big edge Trump
DoJ - slight edge Biden
Court Appointments - edge Trump

If I ONLY had the choice between Biden and Trump, and was forced to vote for one of them, I'd vote for Trump, based on better policies.

2A - Big edge Trump
DoJ - slight edge Biden
You could have just typed "I'm a moran" and saved yourself some time.

2A - Big edge Trump
DoJ - slight edge Biden

That's a lot of keystrokes for that amount of BS

2A - Big edge Trump
DoJ - slight edge Biden
This is absolutely ****ing pathetic. Embarrassing

Reactions: herkhatescy

2A - Big edge Trump
DoJ - slight edge Biden
You forgot "Fear of president selling out country for much-needed $$$- slight edge Trump"

2A - Big edge Trump
DoJ - slight edge Biden
This is a joke, right?

Trump is a domestic terrorist, Russian asset, rapist, money laundering daddies money conman. Any "policy" is not applicable since he is literally the enemy of the 🇺🇸. This isn't remotely hard to understand.
Listen to yourself, this doesn't sound like a democracy.

2A - Big edge Trump
DoJ - slight edge Biden
Some of these I would agree with, but some seem pretty far fetched.

Stating facts is what Democracy has been lacking on the GOP front.
Will be concerned for you if DT wins the election. Anyone other than Biden at this point would be a win.
Stating facts is what Democracy has been lacking on the GOP front.
If those facts didn't exist, you still feel the big guy is running the country better than DT? Be honest now..

Will be concerned for you if DT wins the election. Anyone other than Biden at this point would be a win.

If those facts didn't exist, you still feel the big guy is running the country better than DT? Be honest now..
You just don't get it. Just about anyone out there (not found guilty of a felony) would be a better president than Trump. The guy will do anything to enrich himself; he is likely compromised. This is just one reason (of many) why he is not suited for the office.

I'm concerned you're this clueless.

Reactions: EasyHawk
You just don't get it. Just about anyone out there (not found guilty of a felony) would be a better president than Trump. The guy will do anything to enrich himself; he is likely compromised. This is just one reason (of many) why he is not suited for the office.
So...maybe you are the one that just doesn't get it. Some would say the same thing about the big guy. And you want to talk about compromised? My question still stands, if the charges against him weren't "fact", did he lead the country better? Don't implode on me.

• Haha

Why do you hate America?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT