ADVERTISEMENT

I’m starting to be optimistic for next season. Am I setting myself up for disappointment?

The talent at OL and WR is below average for a KF team, in my opinion. This defense is gonna be slick, though.

The only team I’m worried about in the West is Illinois. They lose some key pieces, but so do we. It’s possible that the transitions in Madison and Lincoln go well, but the division is there for the taking and we have the most important thing working for us; avoiding Michigan and OSU.

The talent at OL and WR is below average for a KF team, in my opinion. This defense is gonna be slick, though.

The only team I’m worried about in the West is Illinois. They lose some key pieces, but so do we. It’s possible that the transitions in Madison and Lincoln go well, but the division is there for the taking and we have the most important thing working for us; avoiding Michigan and OSU.
Yep, O Line needs major upgrade and wide receiver room is lacking. need to hit the portal and juco

Great site, good find. Iowa still checks in at tied for 15th if you add 2022. UCF, Cincinnati, Utah, Penn State and Florida State on their heels. A little tortoise and hare in the numbers.

We have still left a lot of wins on the field, playing devils advocate here.

So I get the critics, but we have still only been good because of this coach. But he isn't really great, but he’s well above average and I’m hoping he gets it figured out!

Great site, good find. Iowa still checks in at tied for 15th if you add 2022. UCF, Cincinnati, Utah, Penn State and Florida State on their heels. A little tortoise and hare in the numbers.
Is this where I am supposed to put in the 'not bad for a stuck in the 20's nepotism expert that the game has passed by'?

I will say that with even an average offense top 10 is well within reach.

Let's review. There's a good chance Feth starts at center and Parker at right tackle. Seth Anderson is going to be a top target for McNamara and Raigini staying is a positive. Lachey and All could be Hockenson and Fant. Thompson could be the next Nixon. Jackson was icing on the cake. Kirk gets an A for his results in the portal and JUCO.
Yep, O Line needs major upgrade and wide receiver room is lacking. need to hit the portal and juco

Let's review. There's a good chance Feth starts at center and Parker at right tackle. Seth Anderson is going to be a top target for McNamara and Raigini staying is a positive. Lachey and All could be Hockenson and Fant. Thompson could be the next Nixon. Jackson was icing on the cake. Kirk gets an A for his results in the portal and JUCO.
Tight ends look good but still need help At receiver. o line I’m not sold on. I hope you are right.

We have still left a lot of wins on the field, playing devils advocate here.

So I get the critics, but we have still only been good because of this coach. But he isn't really great, but he’s well above average and I’m hoping he gets it figured out!
Lets hope he figures it out! such great insight, thanks!

Should be a good season, Iowa is a very talented team, defense should be very high level once again. The Depth at DL is making a big impact.

An upgrade at QB will help, can't be much worse than Petras

At worst they should go 10-2 in the regular season, but if they sweep at Penn State and Wisconsin it should be an undefeated regular season. I just think the offense will be significantly better by last year’s measurement and a somewhat better offense last year wins every game but Ohio State and Michigan, and very likely could have done enough to beat Michigan. I don’t expect any drop off on defense. I’m buying into the Cade hype all the way. Big Ten Title game or bust!

It is 100% the O-line. Another thing besides the portal mistakes last year, is the Oline. It really is stupid that an Iowa team with KF & BF had a line THAT poor….

A semi-competent OL wins 2 more games without a doubt, probably 3!

That line was HORRIFIC!!! Worse than the QB actually and they were very bad themselves!

What’s gotten into you? Wow!

You’re definitely in the minority and I’ll leave it there!
Minority as far as what? You seriously think that a "minority" of Iowa fans are fed up with KF and this whole sad situation with the offense, Tommy Boy, GB, etc.? Iowa has tons of loyal fans who will stick with the team through thick and thin, but that doesn't mean that a very large portion aren't extremely unhappy with that nonsense. This is by far the angriest this fan base has been in my 30+ years of following Iowa football, despite this not being a stretch of horrible teams. Iowa fans aren't stupid and don't appreciate being patronized by KF and Co.

Minority as far as what? You seriously think that a "minority" of Iowa fans are fed up with KF and this whole sad situation with the offense, Tommy Boy, GB, etc.? Iowa has tons of loyal fans who will stick with the team through thick and thin, but that doesn't mean that a very large portion aren't extremely unhappy with that nonsense. This is by far the angriest this fan base has been in my 30+ years of following Iowa football, despite this not being a stretch of horrible teams. Iowa fans aren't stupid and don't appreciate being patronized by KF and Co.

You chaps have a remarkable tendency to over evaluate every single thing, said by someone that doesn’t just hate the program with a Broad-lens….

Your opinion, extremely uneducated opinion, that KF only cares about Junior, is in the extreme minority!

Nothing more nothing less!

Reactions: Bishop1971
What’s gotten into you? Wow!

I’m not trying to be a dick when I say this, but your amazement only shows how little attention you pay to people that don’t just uniformly hate everything about Kirk Ferentz & his coaching!

The people you call Pollyannas or sunshine club or apologist or maybe you’re one of those to go with the homoerotic sexual humor I can’t remember for sure…

None of us have ever okayed the abysmal showing of our offense. We see things a little, deeper and farther than you apparently and now, when I say out loud a couple things that were frustrating to me, you’re shocked….

But again that only shows that you just haven’t really been paying attention!

Last edited:
I’m not trying to be a dick when I say this,

Sure you are. I don’t mind tbough.

Only thing I ever say is that people are being homers, spinning everything ultra positive and not being balanced at all. Plenty of those on here and you certainly used to be in that category. Spin away.

Only thing I ever say is that people are being homers, spinning everything ultra positive and not being balanced at all. Plenty of those on here and you certainly used to be in that category. Spin away.
I will spin away. KF has gone to the portal hard. When i said he was going to months ago i was laughed at, called names, even called a liar. I had found out that 7 offensive players was a goal to get from the portal. Again i was ridiculed and called a liar. When i reported Cade coming same thing. Unfortunately we missed on some portal guys i expected to get but we have gotten many excellent skill players.i have been utterly disgusted with our offensive struggles as most have. But every friend and acquaintance does not want KF fired by any means at all. I know that we are expecting to add a couple more offensive players come spring, this directly from the recruiting coordinator. We have added to our outstanding rb stable with pass catchers, a great qb, and offensive lineman. KF, BF, Budmayr, and other offensive coaches have made serious changes despite the comment KF said about the same basic offense as last year. That was a misleading comment as i know they are changing things to be more than competitive. Winning the big is the goal for next year. Last year it was unattainable but next year it's not just attainable but expected. I expect the best overall team we've had since 2002 which is where i put Iowa's benchmark at for great teams. There is no reason to discuss firing a coach or coaches working this hard to be a great all around team next year and have no doubt they will. From what I've been hearing the last week this team is working harder than usual to be great. I believe they will achieve it.

I’m no different, so there you go…no new thoughts, no new beliefs, realistic, pragmatic and i like the defense 1st mentality and winning games…..we do all that.

The offense is the problem but the same guy is in charge of them both…

A 24/7 year round beat down is unproductive and odd, that some of these, you? People can even be that way…

I’m super thankful I am not… that’s a miserable way to live!

Last edited:
I’m m no different, so there you go…no new thoughts, no new beliefs, realistic, pragmatic and not like the defense 1st mentality and winning games…..we do all that.

The offense is the problem but the same guy is in charge of them both…

A 24/7 year round beat down is unproductive and odd, that some of these, you? People can even be that way…

I’m super thankful I am not… that’s a miserable way to live!
I remember 2003 loss to MSU was the last Hawkeyes induced fit I've thrown, lol. My negativity got me called an entitled brat and i was. Negativity is draining and unhealthy mentally and physically.

Reactions: F5n5 and cmhawks99
Your opinion, extremely uneducated opinion, that KF only cares about Junior, is in the extreme minority!

Nothing more nothing less!
I don’t agree, and you have nothing to refute it other than your own sanctimonious opinion, so my take is no more “uneducated” than yours.

I remember 2003 loss to MSU was the last Hawkeyes induced fit I've thrown, lol. My negativity got me called an entitled brat and i was. Negativity is draining and unhealthy mentally and physically.

My moment I believe it was in 2005 versus Northwestern. We had a double digit lead with like four or five minutes left & lost.

I was also chastised… And after some deep thinking, I realized how stupid it was!

• Haha
I don’t agree, and you have nothing to refute it other than your own sanctimonious opinion, so my take is no more “uneducated” than yours.

Lol, I’m sanctimonious….but your just right!

Got it…. Again, thank God. He’s such a great multitasker because we have won a lot of games. I’ll just go with that.!

Lol, I’m sanctimonious….but your just right!

Got it…. Again, thank God. He’s such a great multitasker because we have won a lot of games. I’ll just go with that.!
Didn't say either one of us was necessarily right or wrong; just that your opinion isn't any better than mine.

You're getting bad at this. Approaching "pistachio"-level. You should take a break.

Didn't say either one of us was necessarily right or wrong; just that your opinion isn't any better than mine.

You're getting bad at this. Approaching "pistachio"-level. You should take a break.

All opinions aren’t created equal, for the record!

OL has to see MAJOR improvement. A lot of people are assuming they're going to go from historically bad to the 2002 OL. Call me a negative nancy but I don't see it happening.

Assuming there isn’t a slew of injuries, will this not be the most talent on an Iowa team since…2009? 2002?

I guess it will depend on the growth/improvement of the OL. But if that unit can gel and be respectable, here are some of the pieces Iowa has to work with next year:

Offense: McNamara, All, Lachey, Kaleb Johnson

Defense: Shannon, Lee, X, DeJean, Higgins, Jackson

I’ve left out some really good players, but those are the guys who I believe can or who already have made all-conference honors.

So, is this team good enough to have one of those special KF seasons that lands Iowa in the top ten at the end of the year?
A true Hawkeye fan always sets himself up for disappointment, lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT