ADVERTISEMENT

I’m starting to be optimistic for next season. Am I setting myself up for disappointment?

I think I have more confidence than most in who we have for WRs this coming season. Brecht needed time and he was definitely improving by the end of last season. Vines will just keep getting better and better. I expect Nico to have a better connection with Cade than he had with Spencer. If you remember back Nico and Nate Stanley connected much better. I think since Cade is here already any timing issues with receivers and getting to know each others tendencies will all be worked out heading into fall.

OL has to see MAJOR improvement. A lot of people are assuming they're going to go from historically bad to the 2002 OL. Call me a negative nancy but I don't see it happening.
If we can just get to half way in between the two we will be fine.

My moment I believe it was in 2005 versus Northwestern. We had a double digit lead with like four or five minutes left & lost.

I was also chastised… And after some deep thinking, I realized how stupid it was!
I can't really blame you for that game, lol.

No, but better than 60%+/- of D1 college teams go to bowl games, so not a real meaningful measure IMO.
The top 60% is a good thing though. Makes the schedule look a little better if we're playing that many bowl eligible teams that are basically the top half of college football teams. Jmo. Not Really invested but the site was down for me so my ocd had me freaking out a bit, lol.

Assuming there isn’t a slew of injuries, will this not be the most talent on an Iowa team since…2009? 2002?

I guess it will depend on the growth/improvement of the OL. But if that unit can gel and be respectable, here are some of the pieces Iowa has to work with next year:

Offense: McNamara, All, Lachey, Kaleb Johnson

Defense: Shannon, Lee, X, DeJean, Higgins, Jackson

I’ve left out some really good players, but those are the guys who I believe can or who already have made all-conference honors.

So, is this team good enough to have one of those special KF seasons that lands Iowa in the top ten at the end of the year?
Yes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT