ADVERTISEMENT

I’ve bit my tongue on this issue until now….

Tx_Hawk

HR MVP
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
iowaswarm.com
….but I cannot stay quiet any more.

We recorded a video with Kirk Ferentz and scheduled to do the same with Fran/Lisa where each coach asks Hawkeye fans to support the SWARM, and Kirk even mentioned that in order for us to win championships, we must be competitive in the NIL space.

We sent it to Iowa athletics two weeks ago and asked that they send it to all football season ticket holders. Or, conversely, we asked if they would send us the contact information of all season ticket holders and we would send out the video.

Today we were told that Iowa athletics will not support us any further and will not comply with our request unless we comply with Title IX and raise money for all Hawkeye sports.

In case anybody is curious, this is NOT the playbook that exists everywhere else, and all successful collectives have a very cooperative athletics department. I was just talking to the head of the UNC collective and he was telling me that having access to all season ticket holders and donor information is helping him immensely in his pursuit of keeping their stud QB on campus.

I’m out of ideas on this issue…as I have gone above Gary’s head to the President and to the Board of Regents and while they support my position, it is apparently Iowa Athletics’ call.

I may have a couple beers tonight to blow off some steam…because I’m pretty ticked off.

If anybody has suggestions I’m all ears.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News