ADVERTISEMENT

i believe there's a game on saturday

desihawk

HR Legend
Oct 1, 2002
how do we match up with the wildcats and do we stand a chance on the road?

i saw a thread where a poster said the iowa ol was respectable agasint mn, it was solely the play calling that doomed us. with the benefit of a bye week any chance we do better this week? how does the nw defense compare to minnesota? can the iowa defense keep nw to 20 or less?

I think it is not only conceivable that we drop 2-3 of our last 4 games, I think it's probable. We have zero offense. The teams on our schedule are all improving with time

It's possible we go 6-6 this year, I hate to say it. but certainly possible--look at the end of our 2012 season

If Iowa ends up going 6-6 everything will be blamed on the happenings of yesterday.
That will be the scapegoat answer for anymore loses from here on out I would assume.
I hope they can win out.

i saw a thread where a poster said the iowa ol was respectable agasint mn, it was solely the play calling that doomed us. with the benefit of a bye week any chance we do better this week? how does the nw defense compare to minnesota? can the iowa defense keep nw to 20 or less?
The 'Cats feasted on Maryland's porous defense last week. That will not happen on Saturday.

The Iowa O is anybody's guess. Does the O-line grow a pair and blow some holes for Kaleb and friends? Can Deacon not suck?

I hope Iowa punts on first down all game long , Tire out the Cats STs so Cooper can break a few late and win us the game 14-10 which results in a NW/Under parlay win .
What's the punt record for a single game? Let's get him that too! Add that to your scenario and it's good.

I won’t quibble about the play calling being somewhat suspect but not sure I would call the play of the OL “respectable” against MN. The team had 11 net yards rushing and gave up 4 sacks. Personally think they need to play much better the rest of the year to avoid a loss or two.

Reactions: desihawk
I was thinking about it today and just became sad. What I believe that will happen is we will play Hill and our offense will slog through a typical 10 or 13 point game and maybe pull out a win. The offense will be like watching people struggle in quicksand and we'll need to pray for a big play from our Defense or ST every time they take the field.

I really hope that I'm wrong as far as playcalling and/or QB play. The run game surprised me against WI so maybe there's hope.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
who-cares.gif

Reactions: Iron Doc
Iowa is going to kick some butt on Saturday.

Hawks are gonna win at least 9 games this season,

kristen-bell-nah.gif

Maryland ran and passed the ball well against NW last week but they failed on a short 1st and goal which ended in a missed 4th and goal, Maryland missed a FG, and Maryland's defense gave up some big plays.

I would say NW's offense will have more trouble moving the ball on Iowa but NW has a pretty fast mobile qb which many times gives Iowa's type of defense problems. The real batle will be if Iowa's offense can move the ball and score.

NW is no defensive juggernaut but they may not have to be and NW seemed to have some decent defensive players in the back 7.

With Dejean as the surprise QB, Hawks roll 44-6. BF flies out to Vegas to interview for an analyst position the Raiders immediately following.

Maryland ran and passed the ball well against NW last week but they failed on a short 1st and goal which ended in a missed 4th and goal, Maryland missed a FG, and Maryland's defense gave up some big plays.

I would say NW's offense will have more trouble moving the ball on Iowa but NW has a pretty fast mobile qb which many times gives Iowa's type of defense problems. The real batle will be if Iowa's offense can move the ball and score.

NW is no defensive juggernaut but they may not have to be and NW seemed to have some decent defensive players in the back 7.
Iowa just needs to tape a long stick with a bag of McDonalds fries at the end pointing towards the NW endzone to Jones's backside and have Hill QB sneak every play , He will plow for a 1st down every play to get at those fries.

If Kirk starts Hill, not sure I care. ??
Morbid curiosity to see which team makes more mistakes, but it's a sleepy way to watch a football game.

Hopefully NW kicks the ball to CDJ, and hopefully Kirk gives him a green light to return anything he can.* (*Not a given.)

• Sad
Iowa 13
Northwestern 12

This CDJ punt return stands before half! Iowa wins with no points scored in the 2nd half

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT