ADVERTISEMENT

I believe Erick All made a mistake

Hawk68

HR MVP
Oct 1, 2001
declaring for the draft. I think he came to Iowa because he knew he would not start for Michigan. I'm sure the Iowa TE reputation along with Cade's decision were factors. However, he did not get to play much last year and this year he could have been part of a great combination improving his draft status. I guess we will see fairly soon how it worked out.

declaring for the draft. I think he came to Iowa because he knew he would not start for Michigan. I'm sure the Iowa TE reputation along with Cade's decision were factors. However, he did not get to play much last year and this year he could have been part of a great combination improving his draft status. I guess we will see fairly soon how it worked out.
I pretty much thought the exact same things. I did look at the ages of the best TE's in the NFL though and they like them young. Also he is in pretty much the same boat as Cade injury wise and if Cade could have jumped, I think he would have as well. I think they both came here hoping to light it up for a year and then both of them jumping. I think the coaches knew that was the plan too. Because had they been healthy all year, it might have helped save BF's job. Plus I think they brought in Hill hoping he would never have to play last year (KF said a million times how he had almost zero experience. So they were going to see how he looked after a year in the system.) That is why I think it pretty much has to be a wide open QB competition with a new OC and hopefully some new stuff they will be working on. Cade has game experience, but now so does Hill. Hill has a ton of work to do to be a good QB and Cade is less then a dependable option with 2 times same leg injuries. So really the responsible thing to do is give #3 a real hard look.

Last edited:
His knee injury was horrible. Any word if he will be able to work out for scouts before the draft?

Pretty sure he has a kid so that’s probably the main reason for declaring. Also for as little as he played during the season he was our leading receiver in yards and TD’s. With Lachey coming back and Ostrenga showing promise the writing was on the wall.

I pretty much thought the exact same things. I did look at the ages of the best TE's in the NFL though and they like them young. Also he is in pretty much the same boat as Cade injury wise and if Cade could have jumped, I think he would have as well. I think they both came here hoping to light it up for a year and then both of them jumping. I think the coaches knew that was the plan too. Because had they been healthy all year, it might have helped save BF's job. Plus I think they brought in Hill hoping he would never have to play last year (KF said a million times how he had almost zero experience. So they were going to see how he looked after a year in the system.) That is why I think it pretty much has to be a wide open QB competition with a new OC and hopefully some new stuff they will be working on. Cade has game experience, but now so does Hill. Hill has a ton of work to do to be a good QB and Cade is less then a dependable option with 2 times same leg injuries. So really the responsible thing to do is give #3 a real hard look.

I'll never believe that KF wasn't ready for Bacon to be the backup over the guys who were here.

He didnt inprove his draft stock coming to Iowa. he wouldn't have improved it coming back another year. He has been scouted. They know what he is already.

As soon as you are on their radar...on he already was after Michigan...you are not playing yourself into a higher draft spot.

First step for Hill is to commit to being the best he can be by dropping 30lbs. If he comes in to fall camp weighing more than 225 lbs he should be demoted to water boy…..and that is just the first step. The only plus he has is game experience and a strong arm. And the strong arm really doesn’t mean shit if you can’t hit the wide side of a barn…

All’s had 2 major injuries, correct? He would be crazy to come back and risk another one. Either way he was probably going to be an undrafted free agent. Another year of college and wear and tear on the body makes zero sense for him.

If he played a full season last year and Hill could get him the ball he probably has 50 receptions.

If the knee injury was really bad then he might not get drafted but he has the ability to be a TEnd that can split out and go deeper with routes.

First step for Hill is to commit to being the best he can be by dropping 30lbs. If he comes in to fall camp weighing more than 225 lbs he should be demoted to water boy…..and that is just the first step. The only plus he has is game experience and a strong arm. And the strong arm really doesn’t mean shit if you can’t hit the wide side of a barn…
Hill could lose 230 lbs and still be a terrible QB. Every time I see him even mentioned in the discussion I break out in a rash.

I dunno. It's his decision. I'm just saying the scouts know who these guys are by now. We know too. They aren't playing themselves into a higher draft pick as 5th or 6th year players.
I don't care how much he's been scouted, he's really played one season and that was 3 years ago. I don't think he gets drafted. He might have a good NFL career, but I don't think a bankable draft spot is in the cards unless he plays another year.

He knew last year that he was razor close to being #1 and he still came in close to 3bills. I'm sure someone by now would've reported his new body transformation if it was already in progress. I would say delegate him to QB sneak status but he was no Nate Stanley.

He didnt inprove his draft stock coming to Iowa. he wouldn't have improved it coming back another year. He has been scouted. They know what he is already.

As soon as you are on their radar...on he already was after Michigan...you are not playing yourself into a higher draft spot.
That’s not true. Players improve facets of their game all the time, prove it on the field, and move up draft boards as a result.

In EA’s case, he is coming off major injury and instead of it being a question mark on how he heals and responds in the pros, he could have rehabbed in college, played a full healthy season, and removed those health related asterisks from his resume.

All that said, he is injury prone and probably would not have been able to play a full season and he is mature enough to play in the NFL if he can land somewhere good for him

You only have so many miles on the Body and He needs to stay healthy and get paid before that odometer turns over. He has had a ton of injuries and Iowa's QB room doesn't just scream it is a room that will help showcase skill Players. He needs to give it a go now before that Body becomes incapable if it hasn't already

If Hill is 2nd string I'm done. I cannot stand the nepotism Ferentz forced on us and now Hill.

Erick All, TE, Iowa​

After Georgia's Brock Bowers, I believe All is the second-best tight end in this draft. And had he not been dealing with back and knee injuries over the past two seasons, I think we'd be talking about All as a Day 1 prospect. He can cause problems for NFL defenses with his size (6-foot-4 and 252 pounds), play speed, blocking ability, excellent route running and surefire hands. All is very explosive both as a blocker at the traditional Y alignment or from the U alignment, but he's much more than that. All can stretch the middle of the field as a receiver, regardless of whether he is set up inside or flexed out as a slot.

The stats won't wow you -- he caught 21 passes for 299 yards and three touchdowns last season -- but his tape is fantastic. And All is super tough after the catch. In fact, 135 of his 299 receiving yards came after the ball was in his hands. It shouldn't be too shocking that we have a good tight end coming out of Iowa (though he was a transfer from Michigan), and I fully expect to see All on the field dominating this fall.

Erick All, TE, Iowa​

After Georgia's Brock Bowers, I believe All is the second-best tight end in this draft. And had he not been dealing with back and knee injuries over the past two seasons, I think we'd be talking about All as a Day 1 prospect. He can cause problems for NFL defenses with his size (6-foot-4 and 252 pounds), play speed, blocking ability, excellent route running and surefire hands. All is very explosive both as a blocker at the traditional Y alignment or from the U alignment, but he's much more than that. All can stretch the middle of the field as a receiver, regardless of whether he is set up inside or flexed out as a slot.

The stats won't wow you -- he caught 21 passes for 299 yards and three touchdowns last season -- but his tape is fantastic. And All is super tough after the catch. In fact, 135 of his 299 receiving yards came after the ball was in his hands. It shouldn't be too shocking that we have a good tight end coming out of Iowa (though he was a transfer from Michigan), and I fully expect to see All on the field dominating this fall.

Man I wish we had one more year with him.

All really had super star potential...well I hope he still does

His frosh year, at Umich, he came in and showed he could be a true inline blocker...it was actually his understanding of the pass game that needed work...his second year he seemed to grasp it and was about to break out...but it was the covid year, we sucked and only played 6 games

Going into his 3rd year most of us Umich fans thought it would be his final...he would explode, we'd thank him and wish him well...then he got banged up...was decent but didn't reach the heights expected...

SO HE CAME BACK TO PROVE HE COULD STAY HEALTHY AND BE A 1ST OR 2ND ROUND PICK

He even got voted a captain....

Then he got hurt again

Then he transferred to Iowa after the Umich doctors wouldn't clear him fast enough (note: the Umich MDs never ever said they would stop him from playing...they didn't clear him to rejoin the team just yet)...and he transferred

Then he got hurt again

What All needs is a team that will take him in and say "we will rehab you...we don't need you now...and when you are 100% good we'll put on the field."...rushing back to prove himself in college will not help him
That could be Iowa if he had two years left...but he doesn't ...hopefully a NFL team will see his potential and pay for him to become whole whenever that is...hopefully

Rushing him back for next season would not help him

If His medicals and rehab check a TE needy Teams boxes He will go before the 7th round, Iowa TE with the tape He had when healthy will get Him drafted , finish rehab on an NFL paycheck , i see Him going in the 5th round.

IF is the word that defines the entire statement.

This is from yesterday. How far does he drop in the draft? We'll soon find out....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT