ADVERTISEMENT

I envy Wisconsin. They get to schedule interesting home/home with LSU and Alabama and we're stuck with this stupid, useless ISU series.

You really want to be playing Alabama and LSU ? Think about that for a second.
No, but playing Missouri or Ole Miss is more attractive. That said, even if Iowa came out and said in the new landscape it's not in their best interest to play ISU. I'm almost certain there are powers that would force them to play.

Actually, most ISU fans feel the same way - would be fine canceling this game. Given we are the second best team you will play this year, would have been a pretty boring schedule for you!

Good God. Maybe beat ISU first and then starting thinking about LSU and Alabama
We have 45 of the last 65 times played . Iowa and Iowa State didn’t play for 43 consecutive years so it’s not like this is some time honored tradition.

As long as we play Iowa State every year we will never see another P4 team on the non conference schedule the rest of our lives.

Reactions: acuhawk
Actually, most ISU fans feel the same way - would be fine canceling this game. Given we are the second best team you will play this year, would have been a pretty boring schedule for you!
I wish this were true. It sucks for Iowa state because iowa usually wins. It sucks for Iowa because it is the cyclone super bowl
The clones put more into the game and play the hawks very tough
It is the only game on the schedule I don't like.

Good God. Maybe beat ISU first and then starting thinking about LSU and Alabama
Iowa leads the ISU series 43-24. How's that?

Beth should offer ISU a game once every four years. Take it or leave it. Iowa never played ISU between 1934 and 1977. The Hawkeyes survived just fine, and so did the state. Iowa needs the ISU football series like it needs more off-tackle runs into a 9-man box.

There are dozens and dozens of potential nonconference opponents Iowa could and should schedule instead. And who the hell wants to visit Ames every two years? It's a big country. Let's schedule like it. Wisconsin and Minnesota and Illinois--most of the BIG--schedules attractive intersectional nonconference games. Iowa plays Iowa State. Yuk. (Pardon my language.)

I'm sure they do.

Nationally, Iowa State is viewed as a poverty program, whether Clown fans want to admit it or not. Taking them off the schedule would definitely help change the opinion of those who think we always play cupcakes.

• Love
If Iowa State is a poverty program, what the hell is Troy? I had to google it. I had no idea what or where it is. It goes with the "we're not sexy" bullshit type of Ferentz speak. I would prefer a beat down by Alabama or LSU. Kudos to Wisconsin for having the cajones that Iowa doesn't have.

No, but playing Missouri or Ole Miss is more attractive. That said, even if Iowa came out and said in the new landscape it's not in their best interest to play ISU. I'm almost certain there are powers that would force them to play.
This isn’t the 1970s. Iowa could pull out of this, they just don’t want to.

They should play each other every other year. Maintain the state rivalry but give each a chance to schedule other P4 schools that help with national recognition.

I think OP should move northeast to be among those he envies,.. Phuck Wisconsin.

You really want to be playing Alabama and LSU ? Think about that for a second.
After 25 years plus most of the Fry years playing crappy OOC games, just throw us a bone. Good grief, you have a lifetime contract, no one really cares just add something to this blah program. We want entertained, not bored to death like every year. At least, schedule TCU or Cincy or someone decent.

What will you say when we get trucked by 50 at Ohio State?
Nothing. Will beat Nwestern 12-9 and say what an elite D we have again. After watching that frosh from Tennessee waltz through that D, you would think some would come around. If the 0-91 thing didn't open your eyes on how average this D is, nothing will. Those trips to Oregon and USC are going to be same as the trips to OhioSt, just blowouts.

Nationally, Iowa State is viewed as a poverty program, whether Clown fans want to admit it or not. Taking them off the schedule would definitely help change the opinion of those who think we always play cupcakes.
We don’t do well when we play teams with talent.

I'd rather lose to teams with talent than a medicore Clown team that has never reached 10 wins in program history.
This might be the year for ISU. They have a chance at the playoff, especially if Cam Rising gets hurt.

Get in line. Alabama is booked until 2035. The only reason Wisconsin is playing them is because about 15 years ago Wisconsin was a the top of the Big 10, and that likely is when the games were scheduled. Virtually all the so called big name programs that you all fantasize about playing are booked 10-15 years into the future. All future football schedules.

Nothing. Will beat Nwestern 12-9 and say what an elite D we have again. After watching that frosh from Tennessee waltz through that D, you would think some would come around. If the 0-91 thing didn't open your eyes on how average this D is, nothing will. Those trips to Oregon and USC are going to be same as the trips to OhioSt, just blowouts.
Tennessee looks pretty damn good so far this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT