ADVERTISEMENT

Touchy subject here but do we want ISU to win as many games as they can?

To get a toilet bowl bid. If you think this garbage team is going to the playoffs, think again. Playoff contenders do not go into games know they are going to lose and just hope it's not by 40 or 50 like Iowa is Saturday.
The Big 10 should be ashamed giving Iowa these yearly easy conference schedules. What has this program ever done to merit those year in and year out.

dratsab tar uoy …elohnroc ruoy pu ti evohs dna regnif elddim ruoy ekat -gabd a era uoY

A few thoughts.

1) There is a lot of aeason left. Even the most loyal (and realistic) ISU fan isn't thinking CFP.

2) ISUs weak schedule?

Remaining teams have a combined record of 26-15 (63%). 2 ranked teams (Utah and K State). Hardly weak.

3) Clowns? They won at Kinnick. You can say Iowa "pissed it away" with 2 FGs instead of 2 TDs The "Clowns" made the plays to stop Iowa in both situations.

4) The committee is going to do everything they can to get "their 12 teams" in. Meaning, I expect them to screw over some teams in favor of the SEC + Big 10. We can debate all day on this, but IF (a HUGE HUGE HUGE if) ISU is somehow 12-1 and their only loss is on the Big 12 Championship game, I think they are left out in favor of a 9-3 SEC/Big 10 team. Is a 9-3 Ole Miss or Oregon (for example) better than Iowa State? Probably. No matter the number (4, 12, or 16), there will always be controversy + debate.

Anyway, big game this week vs Baylor. Winnable game, but I've seen enough ISU games to not get overconfident. Cautiously optimistic is the best approach for Cyclone fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT