ADVERTISEMENT

Touchy subject here but do we want ISU to win as many games as they can?

Yes.

As long as Iowa remains in the race for the playoff, however unlikely (and it's unlikely but not that unfathomable), I'm going to root for other results that increase our chances of making it.

ISU having a good season, and our loss being seen as a respectable 1-point loss to good team, rather than huh they lost at home to Iowa State, could be the difference between a 10-2 Iowa getting in the playoff and missing out.
I would add to this discussion by pointing this out: Notre Dame, not facing an especially challening schedule, has already lost @ home to Northern Illinois. That loss should be much more damaging to ND than the freaky, 1-point loss to Iowa State should be for Iowa. Lots of things have to bounce the right way for the Hawkeyes to be in the playoff discussion at the end of all this, but it's not impossible. I hate the ISU loss because it never should have happened. Never. But it did, so that makes Iowa's peformance @ Ohio State next week the key to staying in the playoff discussion. Obviously, pulling off one of the top upsets of the season would be ideal, but staying competitive for 60 minutes would keep hope alive in terms of the playoffs.

Right now, it's all speculation.

I would add to this discussion by pointing this out: Notre Dame, not facing an especially challening schedule, has already lost @ home to Northern Illinois. That loss should be much more damaging to ND than the freaky, 1-point loss to Iowa State should be for Iowa. Lots of things have to bounce the right way for the Hawkeyes to be in the playoff discussion at the end of all this, but it's not impossible. I hate the ISU loss because it never should have happened. Never. But it did, so that makes Iowa's peformance @ Ohio State next week the key to staying in the playoff discussion. Obviously, pulling off one of the top upsets of the season would be ideal, but staying competitive for 60 minutes would keep hope alive in terms of the playoffs.

Right now, it's all speculation.
All other things about equal, who do you think committee would take Iowa or Notre Dame. You know the answer.

iu

I am scared shitless over what Iowa State can become. They might be annual conference title contender, we will be lucky to beat them going forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clone2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT