ADVERTISEMENT

I hate Xmas lights

Fair enough, I’m never serious and only throwing shade in jest bro. It’s all in good fun on my end.
Im good. I had no intention of bringing it up again after yesterday. We were absolutely salty. Can’t have the stinkin gators ruin our season. We have zero humor about that.

On the other hand, doobs has always sucked.

Iowa has no national parks.
Season 4 Andy GIF by The Office

Reactions: runkpanole
So… anyone have a solution? I also am tired of buying 10 new boxes of lights every fvcking Christmas.

Reactions: BelemNole
Yeah we were all taught that. The wise men brought gifts to Jesus Christ, yes. But, again nothing about giving gifts to each other. Thats how Christmas was commercialized. Other pagan BS to name just a few is Halloween and Easter. Ain't no Easter bunny in the Bible either. Also, Lent and Ash Wednesday aren't biblical either.
So we should just screw all these traditions on holidays and go to church instead…got it.

We have high peaks and decided to do permanent lights so I don't have to climb up the ladder to do lights each year. You can't tell they are there during the year and look great in the winter months. Subtle brag.

Reactions: artradley
So we should just screw all these traditions on holidays and go to church instead…got it.

Depends. You can also simply enjoy these traditions for what they are - a mishmash of random things adapted by society over the decades and centuries - and just use them as an excuse to get together with family and have fun.

We have high peaks and decided to do permanent lights so I don't have to climb up the ladder to do lights each year. You can't tell they are there during the year and look great in the winter months. Subtle brag.
What brand? Do they mount to the soffit?

every got damned year you take them out and half don’t light up. Just replace those you say? Sorry, theyve changed just enough that they won’t match.
Designed to fail so that we buy more every stupid year.

So why bother with them at all?

What brand? Do they mount to the soffit?
Permalites. I believe it's mounted on the fascia and right below the gutter line. It's a clear strip and our house is white and not noticeable. We utilized All American Turf Beauty out of Van Meter. It was like $2,800 a couple of years ago but figured we will stay in this house for 10+ years and makes sense when it cost $500-$750 for people to put up and take down each year. Plus I can fly the Hawkeye colors on gameday/night, Halloween, 4th of July, etc.

The only thing I like about the holidays anymore is when they are over. All it is is stress multiplied by more stress and then everything being my fault because other people do unnecessary things to make it even more stressful that I get volunteered into doing as well. I don't even like getting gifts anymore. I used to enjoy giving gifts but even that has all the enjoyment sucked out of it.

Bah Humbug.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT