ADVERTISEMENT

I have a 10+ Year Old Wii in the Box...

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Any reason it wouldn't work? Thinking of taking it to the Key West house instead of keeping it in a closet here. Maybe it would get used down there...

Any reason it wouldn't work? Thinking of taking it to the Key West house instead of keeping it in a closet here. Maybe it would get used down there...

Probably would work. We actually cleaned out a closet that we'd been using as a storage area for a while found lots of old electronics in there that had been in there for many years. Most of the stuff we tested worked.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
It'll work, but make sure the AV connection cables from the Wii are compatible with the TV, especially if it's a newer TV.

It should work. No online access as well as discontinuation to the eShop so any games will have to be physical discs unless you've downloaded games to it.

That also means no streaming programs through the Wii either.

Reactions: NoleATL
New in the box unwrapped?
Because some collector would pay a mint for it, if that’s the case.

My kids still use the old Wii and we have even bought old games like Mario Cart and Star Wars at Amazon. The game that gets played the most is Wii Sports Resort where they can do sword fighting, basketball, archery, airplane battles, bowling, etc.

We even have an old Playstation around here somewhere.

You should be able to get an emulator and 100s of games installed on it. I have a Wii where the disc reader is on the fritz, but a guy in Denver installed hundreds of old games from most of the early systems.

Not the newest or best, but they do run for a long time. Accept the graphics limits and it is serviceable. Esp for a beach house environment.

My kids still use the old Wii and we have even bought old games like Mario Cart and Star Wars at Amazon. The game that gets played the most is Wii Sports Resort where they can do sword fighting, basketball, archery, airplane battles, bowling, etc.

We even have an old Playstation around here somewhere.
Bowling was a lot of fun.

5DDQ.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT