ADVERTISEMENT

I have a good feeling about this weekend!

Fools_Rush_In

HB All-State
Mar 18, 2016
I take back my prediction earlier. After their big OSU loss, Wisconsin is ripe for an upset. Vegas seems to agree with the sucker bet point spread. I did some research and this game is a winnable. We actually match up well if we don't commit mental errors.

I'm all in and all positive this week. Let's hope are boys are ready to kick the Badgers while they're down!

New prediction:

Iowa 24
Wisc. 20

ummm totally opposite of you - I watched the WIS / OSU game - Wisc. is bigger and a lot faster than us, especially on defense. CJ could get clobbered. Hope for quick passes, and Wadely to break some long runs - But hope you are right :)

If you truly feel Iowa does a good job of pass blocking then yes it's a great match up for the Hawks. Lots of people have issues with the negative nellies but you pumpers are just as bad.

Reactions: MMoran
It will likely be a close game. People are probably putting a little too much emphasis on the game with OSU last weekend. The Badgers seem to regularly play OSU tough. 4 of the last 5 games in the series have been decided by 7 or less.

For some reason, I feel good about this weeks game as well. People keep building up Wisky like they are world beaters, but they play up and down to there competition. Anyone remember the Georgia State game? Whether Hawks win or lose, I think it will be a close game. As far as Wisconsin being much faster then Iowa. I don't think they are, I think there much more aggressive then Iowa which makes them look faster.

Reactions: cap_tain8 and Birky
For some reason, I feel good about this weeks game as well. People keep building up Wisky like they are world beaters, but they play up and down to there competition. Anyone remember the Georgia State game? Whether Hawks win or lose, I think it will be a close game. As far as Wisconsin being much faster then Iowa. I don't think they are, I think there much more aggressive then Iowa which makes them look faster.

I watched Wisconsin's O-line absolutely destroy the O$U line in the 4th quarter Saturday night. Our DL will have to play very well to give us a chance

Watching the game Saturday, it's hard for me to imagine we'll hang with them. We need to rattle the qb and generate turnovers. Not unwinnable, but a long shot IMO.

Reactions: HawkeyeDenny
Watching the game Saturday, it's hard for me to imagine we'll hang with them. We need to rattle the qb and generate turnovers. Not unwinnable, but a long shot IMO.
Not sold on their young QB. Hope to have 2+ turnovers from him & keep CJ clean in pocket - then we have the W.

Reactions: cap_tain8
ummm totally opposite of you - I watched the WIS / OSU game - Wisc. is bigger and a lot faster than us, especially on defense. CJ could get clobbered. Hope for quick passes, and Wadely to break some long runs - But hope you are right :)

All you have to do to see great success for Iowa is visualize what OSU plays like and imagine that we can replicate that and get the big win.

Or, you can visualize how Purdue plays and imagine that Wisconsin, fresh off frustrating close losses to top 5 teams and playing for it's own division title, is going to channel Darryl Hazel and that group of remedials in Kinnick on Saturday.

I don't think that good feeling is going to last much past 11am Saturday, so enjoy it while you can.

Strictly from a situational standpoint, it looks like a good bet to take Iowa. Wisconsin is in the middle of a meat grinders schedule having just played, MSU, Michigan and tOSU. They have Nebraska on deck after our game. I still don't like our chances but it could happen. Not touching this game with a 10 foot pole.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I think Iowa has to win the punting duel ... If King can break one for 6 and our punter flips the field and pins them back, Iowa has a good chance. 20-17 or 17-14 type of game. Go Hawks!

With Kittle, Myers and Croston playing they have a chance. Without them... not much of a chance.

I believe the Badgers will be remembering the lucky win Iowa got last year in Madison rather than licking their 2016 wounds.

I believe the Badgers will be remembering the lucky win Iowa got last year in Madison rather than licking their 2016 wounds.

You recall the game much differently than most. Iowa played extremely good in Madison, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Whatever 'luck' you think occurred was typical of any sixty minute football game between two evenly matched teams.

Tell us more about this 'shock waver'.

28-17 Hawks. Iowa snaps out of this funk and plays like last year. Shifts in the oline work out better than expected and CJB throws for 300+.
King comes away with two Int's.

Here is how I am looking at this game: I believe Wisconsin is the superior team and fully expect them to win....BUT....if Iowa were to win it will be one of those unexpected, happy moments that are remembered for a lifetime. Win-win!

Reactions: B1G
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT