ADVERTISEMENT

I have a good feeling about Wisconsin game

I love the optimism...I really do. And, I sure hope the Hawks win. I will be rooting hard the entire game.

That said....I think the Hawks get absolutely smoked in Madison. Hill, the O Line, and the WRs will continue to be horrible. Will be very little offensive production and the defense will be wore down by early in the 2nd half. This won't ever be close. I think it's a 24 to 3 kind of game and we end up with about 5 first downs. Painfully more of the same. Hope I'm absolutely WRONG!

I love the optimism...I really do. And, I sure hope the Hawks win. I will be rooting hard the entire game.

That said....I think the Hawks get absolutely smoked in Madison. Hill, the O Line, and the WRs will continue to be horrible. Will be very little offensive production and the defense will be wore down by early in the 2nd half. This won't ever be close. I think it's a 24 to 3 kind of game and we end up with about 5 first downs. Painfully more of the same. Hope I'm absolutely WRONG!
This is where I am. Have zero faith that BF magically pulls it together. Have hoped that too many times over the past few years.

I personally think Deacon will continue to struggle. Going back to Camp Randall, will probably be too much pressure for him. Again, our passing game will struggle, and our running game has shown we cannot move the ball down field. Sure, we’ve had some big runs, but we haven’t strung first downs together, thus, again, our time of possession will be awful.

I wish I was OP

Gonna be ugly, not PSU ugly, but ugly

24-3 badgers
dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

Maybe it’s the news of momentum on Shannon and Brown, the reemergence of a running game and pass rush, or maybe I’m delusional but I think the Hawkeyes win on Sat.
You should be optimistic, but not because of those players being back. When Wisconsin faces teams with a better ranked defense than theirs they score less than 25 points. Remember Iowa only gave up 31 to PSU and Wisconsin's offense isn't near the level of PSU. This isn't the Wisconsin defense of the recent past either. Their scoring defense is a little over 18 points and Iowa is sitting at 16 points per game.

I really think Iowa can generate some offense against Wisconsin and the defense can create turn overs. The statistics do not indicate a mismatch.

While we’re talking about good feelings, I have a good feeling we’ll avoid a shutout….

Funny — there were lots of very similarly optimistic posts the week of the PSU game.

I sure as heck hope we shock the world on Saturday but I think it will more likely be another ugly offensive effort in a losing cause. Not PSU ugly but not very competitive. Hoping for the best.

Maybe it’s the news of momentum on Shannon and Brown, the reemergence of a running game and pass rush, or maybe I’m delusional but I think the Hawkeyes win on Sat.
I don't know why because I've been pretty down this year but I think the Hawks get this one as well. KF seems to do alright against conference newcomer head coaches. I guess we'll see Saturday.

Reactions: RLMHAWK and F5n5
I personally think Deacon will continue to struggle. Going back to Camp Randall, will probably be too much pressure for him. Again, our passing game will struggle, and our running game has shown we cannot move the ball down field. Sure, we’ve had some big runs, but we haven’t strung first downs together, thus, again, our time of possession will be awful.

Those expecting the offense to finally explode are whistling in the dark. I'm not saying it can't happen (it has in the past....Ohio State), but at this point in the season the offense is what it is.

Still.....I'll be hoping. I'll take a win no matter what the score.

I wish I was OP

Gonna be ugly, not PSU ugly, but ugly

24-3 badgers

Lol. Iowa is going to get embarrassed again by another incredibly mediocre Wisconsin team. Iowa will -rice, once again, they gave the worst offensive coordinator in the history of offensive coordinating.

While we’re talking about good feelings, I have a good feeling we’ll avoid a shutout….

Funny — there were lots of very similarly optimistic posts the week of the PSU game.

I sure as heck hope we shock the world on Saturday but I think it will more likely be another ugly offensive effort in a losing cause. Not PSU ugly but not very competitive. Hoping for the best.
I will really be rooting for the Hawkeyes on Saturday, and think that there's a chance they can win, but if an ugly beatdown by an average Badgers team with a 1st-year coaching staff is what it takes for KF to think "Gee, maybe I'm not so good at this anymore; maybe I don't put the time and effort in recruiting and development like I used to; maybe I haven't made good choices on the coaching staff; boy would I rather be traveling and spending time with the grandkids right now," then it will be worth it.

No matter what happens the rest of this season, I firmly believe that KF walking away and letting a new staff take over in 2024 is the best thing for this program. I fear that another 2-3 seasons of KF and his old school stubbornness could set the program back to 80s Northwestern level. The defense and punting can't carry this team forever; first off-year they have and we're looking at a 1-3 win team.

Wisconsin is Kirk’s kryptonite. We always shit the bed when we play them. Well, maybe not always, but it seems that this is the game that weird, uncharacteristic stuff happens that usually doesn’t with a Kirk run team. Last year it was defense and special teams that won the day. It’ll have to be the same thing again this year, because our offense won’t be able to move the ball.

No prediction for me other than it will be windy AF so when Hill throws the ball 75 yards the wind will knock it down safely into the arms of a streaking Anderson for a TD.

Seriously, if Iowa can contain the run, force a couple of TO's, and keep Wisky buried deep on their end of the field, who is to say they can't win?

The Badgers are not Georgia or Michigan. They will have the home field advantage but they are very beatable. It would be a mild upset if Iowa wins. It could get ugly or for Iowa an ugly win.
I think we’re a pretty sizable underdog at their place, but WI is a flawed team this year and can be beaten, even by a team whose offense is as ultra-flawed as ours. We’ll need some breaks and an excellent day from the D and special teams. I’d give us about a 30% chance, but certainly more than the 1% chance we had at PSU.

I don't think it has been proven that Deacon will always be higly inaccurate, but there is some pretty good evidence starting to mount that he lacks touch/accuracy which compounds the problem that our WR's have bad hands and don't get open. So unless Deacon makes a big step function improvement in accuracy, that favors a loss.

BF team OLines have struggled mightily identifying pass rushers vs Wisconsin 3-4 defense and Deacon isn't mobile...that means sacks, no time for deep routes which is Deacon's strength---he looks to throw downfield. Again this factor favors a loss.

The thing going in Iowa's favor is that Wisconsin is a shell of its former self, i.e. this is a pillow fight.

I would predict a loss which would feature Deacon with a dismal passing completion percentage and taking a lot of sacks and the run game as usual, inefffective.

I wouldn't mind being surprised to upside and see Deacon and the offense make a big step forward. If Iowa wins an ugly low scoring pillow fight of two inept teams, that just means we are on target for a woodshed beating in Indy.

No prediction for me other than it will be windy AF so when Hill throws the ball 75 yards the wind will knock it down safely into the arms of a streaking Anderson for a TD.

Seriously, if Iowa can contain the run, force a couple of TO's, and keep Wisky buried deep on their end of the field, who is to say they can't win?
When going with the wind he should be able to drop it about 90 yards downfield.

Wisconsin is Kirk’s kryptonite. We always shit the bed when we play them. Well, maybe not always, but it seems that this is the game that weird, uncharacteristic stuff happens that usually doesn’t with a Kirk run team. Last year it was defense and special teams that won the day. It’ll have to be the same thing again this year, because our offense won’t be able to move the ball.
Yet just last year we didn't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT