ADVERTISEMENT

I have a question about the woke term, "Latinx"...

They are different. Hispanic relates or identifies a person from a spanish speaking nation and a connection with the Iberian Peninsula. Latino/a is relates or identifies a person from Latin countries - regardless of the language spoke - and would include indigenous peoples who cannot trace a spanish lineage (i.e., not mestizos). For example, you would not call someone from Brazil hispanic but you would call them latin
Are Italy and France “Latin” countries?

Have you ever asked your Grandmother about how she crossed the border. It would be interesting to learn how a Mexican immigrated to Iowa around (what I assume was the turn of the century). As you probably are aware, there was a free flow of Mexican labor until the early 1970s. She must have fallen in love in stayed rather than returning to Mexico at the end of the season.
The only story I know is that my grandfather (German) traveled to Mexico, fell in love and she came back with him. She lived a pretty hard life and we were not close. There were a lot of family issues and secrets. Some we didn’t learn about until we became adults. I didn’t know my Dad was kicked out of their house at age 12. He was told there isn’t enough room for him (10 kids). He lived with friends from the area and would move from house to house until he was in his late teens. He told me this story about a year ago. He’s 84. I’m 52.

Last edited:
Reactions: desihawk
Why would you call someone who speaks Portuguese a "Hispanic"?

Furthermore, I wouldn't consider South America to be part of Latin America.

This sounds like a "YOU" problem....

I just want to help you Trad

The only story I know is that my grandfather (German) traveled to Mexico, fell in love and she came back with him. She lived a pretty hard life and we were not close. There were a lot of family issues and secrets. Some we didn’t learn about until we became adults. I didn’t know my Dad was kicked out of their house at age 12. He was told there isn’t enough room for him (10 kids). He lived with friends from the area and would move from house to house until he was in his late teens. He told me this story about a year ago. He’s 84. I’m 52.
Understood. And I apologize if I intruded too much.

There are some very nice looking Mexicans with large tits crossing the border right now. First person to make an app matching lonely males to our female compadres crossing the border, will be a rich person.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT