ADVERTISEMENT

I haven’t even watched Videos of Cade…

cmhawks99

HR Legend
Jul 23, 2002
But I did today and I’m impressed. I did not realize he had that kind of arm strength and mobility. I was jaded enough by the offense after last year I needed a break from even having hope 😊 and I knew he was an automatic upgrade. My real concern was and has been The O-line.

But I’m starting to see light at the end of the tunnel! We definitely have better pieces….

The staffs one true failing was going with the status quo in the portal this past off-season! It was blatantly, ignorant, and a very stubborn move. With that said, I don’t have the same concerns many of you have about offensive play calling, and what not….

Here are my top concerns…

Will KF let the O do their thing? He has had moments but he has also handcuffed every OC he has had

Will the OL be sorted and coached up…that is debatable right now!

When Nate was here I wasn’t all that negative on the O! But it’s been rough since then!

Last edited:
OK, you think we have the pieces to have a better to much better offense but you blame Kirk's conservative attitude for holding them back. I dont know about that. The hawks could throw it around with Banks, Chandler, TAte, Stanzi, CJB with very good receivers and very good OLInes. I just think Kirk is really conservative with his offense when he knows it is not that good and he leans on his defense and STeams

CAde can be very good

OK, you think we have the pieces to have a better to much better offense but you blame Kirk's conservative attitude for holding them back. I dont know about that. The hawks could throw it around with Banks, Chandler, TAte, Stanzi, CJB with very good receivers and very good OLInes. I just think Kirk is really conservative with his offense when he knows it is not that good and he leans on his defense and STeams

CAde can be very good

That might be fair….but I don’t necessarily thinks it’s as simple as being conservative. I think he needs the offense to have the identity of its coaches and personnel. And maybe he does and that’s what we have had of late.

It still doesn’t address the status quo last off season. Bizarre lack of anything in the portal. I’m in the camp that as poor as Spencer played a better OL got 3 more wins for sure!

That might be fair….but I don’t necessarily thinks it’s as simple as being conservative. I think he needs the offense to have the identity of its coaches and personnel. And maybe he does and that’s what we have had of late.

It still doesn’t address the status quo last off season. Bizarre lack of anything in the portal. I’m in the camp that as poor as Spencer played a better OL got 3 more wins for sure!
Which I think is the same thing Kirk thought. His big gamble was he thought he could have Jones ready, and clearly he was not. That and the injuries on the OL and the WR group before the first game even, had Kirk going full turtle and putting in all on Phils boys, and on Taylor's leg.

Which I think is the same thing Kirk thought. His big gamble was he thought he could have Jones ready, and clearly he was not. That and the injuries on the OL and the WR group before the first game even, had Kirk going full turtle and putting in all on Phils boys, and on Taylor's leg.

Touché and is there a more intellectually stunted poster on this board than the hog Humperdinck?

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye

Your 2nd paragraph is certainly true. In 2020 and 2021 we saw Petras play well enough when he had the blocking to make enough passes to win games. Back in 2020 when the hawks got off to the bad start at Illinois I thought Petras showed a lot by making a lot of really good throws. At that time I thought he would be a good Nate STanley type.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT