ADVERTISEMENT

I hope Nunge comes back as improved as

Hawk68

HR MVP
Oct 1, 2001
advertised. W/O Garza in the center, our D goes from below average to below competitive in the BIG. It is a given that we do not have the quicks, but we sure have to have another rebounder. We may have to play such a tight zone that each player can touch another.

Reactions: remerson
I hope he can be a difference maker, but who knows when he’ll be ready to come back. Losing your dad so suddenly and so young, I imagine, would be very hard to cope with.
My dad died a few years ago at the age of 55. Had a heart attack in his sleep. He seemed to be perfectly healthy. He didn't have any health problems his entire life. Is it hard? Yes. But. As a Christian; turning to God I got to experience the peace of God to get through it very well. Greatest peace I've ever had. Don't know about Jack and if he knows Jesus Christ at all but, I sure hope he does and comes to experience the peace of God through it all over this past week!

I lost my dad at age 12 and while the family/friends/community support was great, Basketball and my teammates “ saved” me. It gave an environment were I could control what was happening, even if it was only for a few hours a day.

I don’t care how he plays or if he plays, IMO being around the game and teammates will be so good for him.

I am 59 and have both parents and they still live on the farm. Feel very fortunate.
And I am really pulling for Jack.

Reactions: 24 so far
I am 59 and have both parents and they still live on the farm. Feel very fortunate.
And I am really pulling for Jack.
That's great, good for you and your folks.

This is a really sad situation for Jack to be
sure, but life is for the living, so you get back on the horse and do the best you can. I'm sure he'll have some tough moments.

Reactions: NI hawk
Certainly Jack has had the time to build up his body and learn from Garza in practice. Losing his father is certainly a gut punch. I'm not convinced Jack has the touch around the basket to be
a great offensive center. I think Jack is naturally a better defender than Garza and more of a faceup offensive player. Jury is out how effective Jack and Garza would be together in a two-big lineup. Hopefully Jack finds a role and has the season his father unfortunately didn't get chance to see.

I lost my dad when I was two, freaking loser, deadbeat, pos abandoned his family.
Four step dad's later, all clowns,
my brother and I have both been married over thirty years to our wives.
Thank you Lord for showing us how to raise a family the right way.
Yeah, we know, obviously Mom was part of the problem.
77 and batshit crazy to this day.

Littlez - the ultimate apologist.
I lost my dad when I was two, freaking loser, deadbeat, pos abandoned his family.
Four step dad's later, all clowns,
my brother and I have both been married over thirty years to our wives.
Thank you Lord for showing us how to raise a family the right way.
Yeah, we know, obviously Mom was part of the problem.
77 and batshit crazy to this day.
Enough about Jack, tell us about yourself.

great game by Nunge. I was Surprised how well he played with Garza in the two big lineup.

great game by Nunge. I was Surprised how well he played with Garza in the two big lineup.

They both seemed to be looking for each other on the court. Bodes well for the remainder of the season.

McCaffery said Jack was tearing (sic) it up last year in practices before he was sidelined. He has pretty much stated the same this year. Hopefully this is the year Jack starts realizing his potential.

Yes, and he wasn't playing the small forward position, just power forward and center where he belongs....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT