ADVERTISEMENT

I just realized that last fall I hit the 40 year mark

…since I joined the American Airlines Aadvantage program. And I’m still just a few thousand mile shy of a million miles. JFC I’ve lived a long time.

Wow!

How many states and countries have you been to?

Did you get any benefits from all those miles?

…since I joined the American Airlines Aadvantage program. And I’m still just a few thousand mile shy of a million miles. JFC I’ve lived a long time.
I just joined last year with a travel points card and I’m off to a good start. We run everything through it we can. Csb.

Thanks for destroying the planet?
No kidding. I really don’t understand why so many people still need to fly today.
I would have thought technology would have caused a major decrease in flying by now.
You can zoom, Skype, FaceTime or whatever by now. I don’t think anyone is that important that they need to physically be somewhere asap

Reactions: nelly02
No kidding. I really don’t understand why so many people still need to fly today.
I would have thought technology would have caused a major decrease in flying by now.
You can zoom, Skype, FaceTime or whatever by now. I don’t think anyone is that important that they need to physically be somewhere asap
WTF? You think you can zoom visiting the pyramids? Galapagos? The Arctic? Paris?

Reactions: ping72
Chicken What GIF

You can zoom, Skype, FaceTime or whatever by now. I don’t think anyone is that important that they need to physically be somewhere asap.

debbie-downer-nbc.gif

Reactions: BrianNole777
WTF? You think you can zoom visiting the pyramids? Galapagos? The Arctic? Paris?
I guess I didn’t know every single person was only flying for vacation purposes.
I guess a lot of people have way to much money if they are on that many vacations.

My apologies.

So when you vacation do you just put on a VR headset and imagine you're there? Or I suppose you go by steamship?

I guess I didn’t know every single person was only flying for vacation purposes.
I guess a lot of people have way to much money if they are on that many vacations.

My apologies.
My sense when flying is that most people are vacationing, but that could certainly be a byproduct of when and where I typically fly. But for business, I think many meetings are Teams/Zoom now, but sometimes you need actually be there.

You're lucky you didn't roll the dice with Eastern.

My sense when flying is that most people are vacationing, but that could certainly be a byproduct of when and where I typically fly. But for business, I think many meetings are Teams/Zoom now, but sometimes you need actually be there.
See I guess my view was that most people are flying for work. I have a few buddies that fly a few times a month for work and I don’t know anyone flying a few times a month for vacation.

I have no problem with people flying (I’m not a save the world type) I just find it interesting that flying still happens the way it does with newer technology.

Last edited:
Hey, I’m taking mass transit! And I’ve worked from home for over eight years, I put like 3,000 miles a year on my 35mpg car. I’m golden.
Like he said, thanks for destroying the planet. The older you are, the more damage you’ve caused. ;)

See I guess my view was that most people are flying for work. I have a few buddies that fly a few times a month for work and I don’t know anyone flying a few times a month for vacation.

I have no problem with people flying (I’m not a safe the world type) I just find it interesting that flying still happens the way it does with newer technology.
This says 12% of passengers are on business, on average.

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
Not me.

I’ve been a member about that long and family and I have flown all over the world for free…sometimes first class.

I thought he was asking about the million mile mark.

Back in the day I almost always flew first class, had access to the Ambassadors Club (back when it was not crowded and meant something) and got lots of free trips. But as more people joined, they lowered benefits and expired miles, and I started flying much less, I haven’t gotten much out of it. Now and then I can upgrade a domestic flight, if I’m lucky.

I have no problem with people flying (I’m not a save the world type) I just find it interesting that flying still happens the way it does with newer technology.
A very small number of people fly frequently for work. A very, very large number of people fly occasionally for pleasure.

I thought he was asking about the million mile mark.

Back in the day I almost always flew first class, had access to the Ambassadors Club (back when it was not crowded and meant something) and got lots of free trips. But as more people joined, they lowered benefits and expired miles, and I started flying much less, I haven’t gotten much out of it. Now and then I can upgrade a domestic flight, if I’m lucky.
I do not believe that the miles expire.

It depends on when you fly. When I fly for business, my flights are full of business travelers, or at least they appear to be. I tend to fly out on Mondays or Tuesdays and back home on Thursdays or Fridays. I definitely see more vacationers towards the end of the week.

They’ve changed their rules from time to time, but AA miles can expire.
I just looked this up. Says if there is any qualifying activity, all miles get a new 36 month life. Qualifying activity is earning or using miles. We’re always using the AA card to earn points, so as along we so we’re good.

https://www.aa.com/content/images/eSummary/emails/MileageZoneNov06/KeepYourMileageNov06.html#:~:text=It's%20simple%20to%20keep%20your,your%20miles%20for%2036%20months.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT