ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese got everyone watching. Better buckle up.

What’s the point of arguing about the call if the call had zero impact on the outcome of the game?
I don't know, why did people argue with me when I mentioned it?

Or...perhaps it was to point out the hilarious homerism that exists here.

The irony of that is two-fold. In the previous round, one of UCLA's best players fouled out on a call that was almost identical. Also, if a foul had been called on the hack that began that sequence, Iowa would have been shooting free throws on the other end and Reese would have still been on the floor.
So it was a bad call against UCLA?

You should probably ask who told you that. CC told everyone she could care less about Angels taunting.
There was a thread, you see. And in that thread there were posters calling Reese a ‘thug’. But apparently it was deleted.

There were many threads about that incident last year, but unfortunately the only one where anyone referred to Reese as a ‘thug’ got deleted. It’s a shame, really, because now Belem is completely unable to even recall the names of some of the posters in the now-deleted thread who referred to Reese as a ‘thug’.

Oh....I see.
It wasn't about the wave or that it was directed at Clark. It was that she went over the number of incidents.
Where's the page that tracks that so I can keep up?

Well yes, if Reese waved to any opponent only 1 time, nobody would be talking about it. But she built a reputation on talking trash. It's not that hard to see

I don't know, why did people argue with me when I mentioned it?
I agreed with you that it was a questionable call, but also pointed out that the outcome of the game had already been decided.

Instead of simply agreeing with that fact, you took exception to me pointing that out and then proceeded to start arguing with multiple posters about a call that meant nothing in the end.

Curious, is Gabbie Marshall a thug today? Or is mocking opponents ok again?
Oh Belem, touche. All I have in response for Gabbie is:
they-drew-first-blood-not-me.gif

Can you identify what makes them different?
For one thing, the length of time of the taunt. Another is the number of them.

Smack talk and quick gestures in the heat of the game are one thing, it's another to taunt for many seconds to draw attention to yourself is another.

For one thing, the length of time of the taunt. Another is the number of them.

Smack talk and quick gestures in the heat of the game are one thing, it's another to taunt for many seconds to draw attention to yourself is another.
Again, can anyone tell me how long Gabby's taunt was? I only saw the bit before the camera panned.

Or...is it possible that we don't actually know what happens on the court and no one has any idea if one is bad and the other ok? I mean, Clark said it was part of the game.

Again, can anyone tell me how long Gabby's taunt was? I only saw the bit before the camera panned.

Or...is it possible that we don't actually know what happens on the court and no one has any idea if one is bad and the other ok? I mean, Clark said it was part of the game.
Less than one second. What you saw was all there was. Are you saying that gesture is equivalent in your mind to those Angel Reese was doing at the end of last year's Championship game?

Reactions: WadeLookingbill
Homerism on a college sports message board? No wai!

Thanks for putting everyone in their place, champ 😂
Are you suggesting that when I pointed that out last year it should have just been acknowledged and everyone moved on?

Less than one second. What you saw was all there was. Are you saying that gesture is equivalent in your mind to those Angel Reese was doing at the end of last year's Championship game?
Oh, cool. You were there and saw?
Or you have alternative footage than what was on TV?

Life is a long vector man. And karma will reciprocate. Have no fear, drink beer. Even Icarus eventually fell on his ass.

So, Iowa does it. Good
LSU does it. Thug
Iowa again. Good.

Just trying to follow along.
Please show the video evidence. What did she do that was thuggery? Get in her face multiple times waving her hand in her face, make massive attention to herself in the moment, did she mock or antagonize the rest of the team, did she put a crown on her head? I am just trying to figure out where going with this, or did she literally just open hand close hand that may have been nothing to do with even waving good bye. But again if you want to make a big deal of it be my guest.

side stepped...directly into her

They are calling that anymore even if not set. There were multiple lack of calls, how many times did our players get racked across the face, arm, head and no calls. They even go and review one, to see if an intentional foul, it was obviously a foul but couldn't be called because it wasn't called on the court.

And yet none of you listened.
Seems several thousand "Iowa Nice" people taunted Reese when she fouled out.
I didn’t tell you that dude. Don’t be putting words in my mouth or I’ll take you to fight bar.

There was a thread, you see. And in that thread there were posters calling Reese a ‘thug’. But apparently it was deleted.

There were many threads about that incident last year, but unfortunately the only one where anyone referred to Reese as a ‘thug’ got deleted. It’s a shame, really, because now Belem is completely unable to even recall the names of some of the posters in the now-deleted thread who referred to Reese as a ‘thug’.
So he’s basically just talking to himself makes sense

If you have other evidence, post it.

Why are you avoiding the question posed?
One thing is certain - if Gabbie had taunted Reese for anywhere near the same amount of time that Reese taunted Clark, we would have heard more about it by now.

Reactions: RileyHawk
And yet none of you listened.
Seems several thousand "Iowa Nice" people taunted Reese when she fouled out.
I’ve seen basketball players wave to an opponent who just fouled out more times than I can recall. But Angel Reese is the only basketball player I’ve ever watched follow an opponent across the court for several seconds, trying to get their attention in order to taunt them.

If you have other evidence, post it.

Why are you avoiding the question posed?
I don't. You were implying that you knew how long she taunted her. I thought you might have something that showed what happened after the camera cut away. That's why I asked.

You mean that people weren't upset with me last year for defending Reese? I imagined that thread? People think I'm a troll for a thread that never existed?

the nuance was clark did the "you can't see me now" wave to her own bench, not an opponent.

Reese followed Clark around trying to get Clark to react. This has been explained to you.

1 was doing it to her own team, 1 was taunting an opponent after a game.

They are not the same.
And walking around constantly, doing it at her.

Had Reese been doing that gesture at her own bench to elicit cheers, then they'd be the same thing.

You mean that people weren't upset with me last year for defending Reese? I imagined that thread? People think I'm a troll for a thread that never existed?
Oh, I’m quite confident that people were upset with you. But I’m asking for evidence that someone specifically used the term ‘thug’ to describe Reese. Because you made that explicit accusation multiple times and have yet to back it up with any examples.

You clearly do not, when you do not watch, or attend, the game...
I didn't. Do you have video you can show me more than the bit that was televised?
I've seen that bit today. Perhaps you have more that shows when she stopped as you all appear to be very certain how long it went on.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Oh, I’m quite confident that people were upset with you. But I’m asking for evidence that someone specifically used the term ‘thug’ to describe Reese. Because you made that explicit accusation multiple times and have yet to back it up with any examples.
And I told you the thread was missing. Perhaps you can find it since we both acknowledge that it existed at some point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT