ADVERTISEMENT

I was supposed to be in Las Vegas tonight...

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
... but our trip to Hawaii had to be cancelled due to Mrs. Tradition's medical situation. We were supposed to spend one night in Vegas and fly on to Hawaii tomorrow.

I am happy to see that it's in the 40s and rainy in Las Vegas tonight. They only get 26 rainy days a year, and today is one of them. Being there tonight would suck a$$. Thank God we didn't go.

You have to look for the silver linings in life.

Hope all goes well with Mrs Trad's surgery and it's not too serious.

Also hope you get to reschedule your vacation - been to Vegas many times?

Never been.

Gambling isn't really my thing. But good food and smoking in public places is my thing, so I'm disappointed.

Never been.

Gambling isn't really my thing. But good food and smoking in public places is my thing, so I'm disappointed.
Well, if you make another try; I highly recommend an Italian restaurant called Bootleggers south of the Strip.

Terry Fator is a pretty good ventriloquist if you enjoy that sort of comedy.

Reactions: The Tradition
Well, if you make another try; I highly recommend an Italian restaurant called Bootleggers south of the Strip.

Terry Fator is a pretty good ventriloquist if you enjoy that sort of comedy.

LOL! That restaurant is right by the Hilton Garden Inn that I considered staying at because they have an airport shuttle!

Reactions: sober_teacher
Just left Vegas a couple of hours ago.

You did miss some crappy weather. A normal day of rain is some sprinkles....this is much more than that.

You're not fooling anybody. You expected the Fish to be in the Super Bowl and you were going to use your Marriott points for hotels and cigarette coupons to wine and dine TBW so she wouldn't be pissed when you cashed in your IRA on scalped tickets. Plan fail...

Marlboro-for-women-1942.jpg

• Haha
Have usually stayed at one of the Diamond resorts when I've been out there - always make a point of eating there - have never had a bad meal there.

This was literally a "one night in Vegas" deal. Fly in, walk the strip and get dinner somewhere, sleep, fly out.

Much rather do that than the 18-hour hell trip to Hawaii.

The trip back was going to be the the same deal, except the layover was in L.A.

This was literally a "one night in Vegas" deal. Fly in, walk the strip and get dinner somewhere, sleep, fly out.

Much rather do that than the 18-hour hell trip to Hawaii.

The trip back was going to be the the same deal, except the layover was in L.A.
Personnally, I'd recommend a 4-5 day stay.

Even if you're not a huge gambler, go see a few shows, check out Fremont Street as well as the Strip. Too many good food options to satisfy yourself with just one dinner.

Even if you're not a huge gambler, go see a few shows, check out Fremont Street as well as the Strip. Too many good food options to satisfy yourself with just one dinner.

Oh, if we like we'll go back to spend more time. The layover choices were Phoenix, Denver, Vegas or a couple of airports in California.

Vegas seemed like the most fun and had the best combination of airfare, non-stop, appropriate departure and arrival times, and good departure times the next day.

Does get a bit boring after 8 or 9 thousand days.

Does get a bit boring after 8 or 9 thousand days.

Depends on the approach. I typically will hang out by the pool for a bit, then walk around shopping areas and tourist traps, see a few shows and then gamble for a couple hours.

I always have a set amount of cash that I’ll start with and I won’t throw out more money if it goes badly. So unless I’m having a great night, I’m gambling for 3 hours max normally.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT