ADVERTISEMENT

I would like to hear from Republicans or Centrists

Morrison71

HB Legend
Nov 10, 2006
I’m being optimistic coming off the DNC. I would like to hear from Republicans, but the ones on here just spam trash, so I don’t really care.

I would really like to hear from Republicans or Centrists, on what they think about the election.

If the usual trash could stay out of the thread, that would be great, but I’m not expecting it.

I’m being optimistic coming off the DNC. I would like to hear from Republicans, but the ones on here just spam trash, so I don’t really care.

I would really like to hear from Republicans or Centrists, on what they think about the election.

If the usual trash could stay out of the thread, that would be great, but I’m not expecting it.
We have two poor options. One is a criminal, the other seems to have forgotten that she was immigration czar. Incompetence all around

Personally I think every big time politician is crooked as can be. Both sides. Unfortunately people are blinded by the media. Both sides.

I would love to see moderates across the board in both parties.

Centrist.

The DNCs coordinated effort and subsequent marketing blitzkrieg has been impressive. They’ve been able to create an engine with a completely scripted month that provided little in the way of the human connection a presidential hopeful must deliver along the way of a campaign journey.

This campaign is unprecedented in the sense that you have a candidate coming up on 60 days from the election who has never given an interview as a candidate in this election, rarely faces the press, and has released only a vague policy platform with little to no detail on how it will be accomplished.

In short, the bullets haven’t started flying and I don’t know how long they can protect her from herself to keep them from coming.

Centrist.

The DNCs coordinated effort and subsequent marketing blitzkrieg has been impressive. They’ve been able to create an engine with a completely scripted month that provided little in the way of the human connection a presidential hopeful must deliver along the way of a campaign journey.

This campaign is unprecedented in the sense that you have a candidate coming up on 60 days from the election who has never given an interview as a candidate in this election, rarely faces the press, and has released only a vague policy platform with little to no detail on how it will be accomplished.

In short, the bullets haven’t started flying and I don’t know how long they can protect her from herself to keep them from coming.
I agree with what you said, what is your opinion about how this will play out? I believe she has agreed to a debate, are they just going to have her memorize canned answers for the whole debate? This may turn out to be atrocious because she is not smooth enough to pull off canned answers.

The media have provided significant cover for Kamala for the lack of interviews, policy, and they have been compliant with the marketing blitz. Will they go along with this all the way up to the election? I think even compliant media will have questions at some point.

I agree with what you said, what is your opinion about how this will play out? I believe she has agreed to a debate, are they just going to have her memorize canned answers for the whole debate? This may turn out to be atrocious because she is not smooth enough to pull off canned answers.

The media have provided significant cover for Kamala for the lack of interviews, policy, and they have been compliant with the marketing blitz. Will they go along with this all the way up to the election? I think even compliant media will have questions at some point.

Really good questions

Reactions: Hawk_82
Centrist.

Lol that you’re a centrist.

Last edited:
We have two poor options. One is a criminal, the other seems to have forgotten that she was immigration czar. Incompetence all around
Harris was never an “immigration czar”. That’s GOP horseshit. Her job was to meet with representatives in Central American countries to determine how best to aid them so their people wouldn’t feel compelled to leave. It’s the same job Biden had under Obama. You can look it up.

I am a moderate who has voted for both sides. although at the current time I am probably as anti democrat as anyone on this board.

I listened to some of the speeches at the DNC. I was not impressed. I think dems know that the real democrat message will not win the election for them. They are pro war, pro trans, pro racial division, pro climate change agenda, pro price controls, pro government control, pro censorship, pro dei, etc. This message is not one that will win over the majority of the country. So instead they are trying to create more hatred toward trump while just presenting Kamala as a positive image.

I despise the fact that the whole democratic agenda is based on lies and deception. Dems tried to hide Biden's age and mental decline until it was proven beyond any shadow of belief. They have now implemented a new candidate late in the process without any input from the people, they are keeping her from interviews. They are not forthcoming with what her policies are. They It all just seems like a big lie and it makes me not trust them.

They denied her being appointed as the 'border czar' despite it being published that way for a long time. She said the economy is great under Biden and even came out with Kamalonics but then comes out saying that inflation is really hurting people. Democrats think they can just straight up lie to people and the stupid people will just believe whatever they say.

I am a moderate who has voted for both sides. although at the current time I am probably as anti democrat as anyone on this board.

I listened to some of the speeches at the DNC. I was not impressed. I think dems know that the real democrat message will not win the election for them. They are pro war, pro trans, pro racial division, pro climate change agenda, pro price controls, pro government control, pro censorship, pro dei, etc. This message is not one that will win over the majority of the country. So instead they are trying to create more hatred toward trump while just presenting Kamala as a positive image.

I despise the fact that the whole democratic agenda is based on lies and deception. Dems tried to hide Biden's age and mental decline until it was proven beyond any shadow of belief. They have now implemented a new candidate late in the process without any input from the people, they are keeping her from interviews. They are not forthcoming with what her policies are. They It all just seems like a big lie and it makes me not trust them.

They denied her being appointed as the 'border czar' despite it being published that way for a long time. She said the economy is great under Biden and even came out with Kamalonics but then comes out saying that inflation is really hurting people. Democrats think they can just straight up lie to people and the stupid people will just believe whatever they say.
I’m curious, what will Trumps “policies” do to “fix” things?

.They denied her being appointed as the 'border czar' despite it being published that way for a long time.
They denied it because she was never appointed as a “border czar”. It really doesn’t matter how many times you make the claim, it isn’t true. Someone who claims to be a moderate would know this because they would have done their homework. There is a cabinet level secretary in charge of border security…’course, the GOP impeached him lol. And then, under orders from Cheeto, they torpedoed their own immigration bill. A moderate would know all that, too.

My prediction is that none of this ends well. The excitement for Harris starts and stops with the fact she isn’t 80 and/or Trump

There is a lot of Democratic enthusiasm right now. The convention is supposed to do that. It’s still going to be an extremely close race and anybody who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.

Harris was never an “immigration czar”. That’s GOP horseshit. Her job was to meet with representatives in Central American countries to determine how best to aid them so their people wouldn’t feel compelled to leave. It’s the same job Biden had under Obama. You can look it up.
Well this video is pretty clear that Biden is putting Kamala in charge, and she accepts the role. You can analyze the video all you want, but this appointment along with the media reporting of border czar without any objection by Kamala or the white house, means she was the border czar.

i haven’t followed either party’s convention proceedings, not even on hrot but someone i know was raving about oprah’s speech so i saw that 15 min segment on youtube. i have to say she kicked ass and made impact. on a sidenote for the first time in a long time i felt one of the sides was making an attempt to bring people together (something entirely absent these days including on hrot). sure it is for votes but it was feel good tv. also was happy to hear usa chants (in a positive way) and display of some national pride. only 15 mins but reps should watch if only to play a better game.

Reactions: noleclone2
NBC said she served “two tracks,” one being what you mentioned, the other….curbing the crisis at the border. You can look it up.

A senior administration official said Harris' role would focus on "two tracks": both curbing the current flow of migrants and implementing a long-term strategy that addresses the root causes of migration.

They denied it because she was never appointed as a “border czar”. It really doesn’t matter how many times you make the claim, it isn’t true. Someone who claims to be a moderate would know this because they would have done their homework. There is a cabinet level secretary in charge of border security…’course, the GOP impeached him lol. And then, under orders from Cheeto, they torpedoed their own immigration bill. A moderate would know all that, too.
'Border czar' is an unofficial title that is used to describe her role by the media. Would you feel more comfortable calling her the "White House point person on immigration issues at the nation’s southern border"

or how about the "Border Lead"
"I’ve asked her, the VP, today — because she’s the most qualified person to do it — to lead our efforts with Mexico and the Northern Triangle and the countries that help — are going to need help in stemming the movement of so many folks, stemming the migration to our southern border."

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Well this video is pretty clear that Biden is putting Kamala in charge, and she accepts the role. You can analyze the video all you want, but this appointment along with the media reporting of border czar without any objection by Kamala or the white house, means she was the border czar.

What law or executive order did you believe the Vice President could invoke to change standing immigration laws?
The border has been a disaster for 50+ years, reaching its climax with Biden's administration.
Insinuating a VP could have done anything to change what was happening is partisan bullshit or a lack of knowledge how politics in this country actually work.

What law or executive order did you believe the Vice President could invoke to change standing immigration laws?
The border has been a disaster for 50+ years, reaching its climax with Biden's administration.
Insinuating a VP could have done anything to change what was happening is partisan bullshit or a lack of knowledge how politics in this country actually work.

These are all good points to consider when deciding who you will vote for. Biden is the president who put Kamala in charge. If you think that was foolish, then stop voting for this crap.

'Border czar' is an unofficial title that is used to describe her role by the media. Would you feel more comfortable calling her the "White House point person on immigration issues at the nation’s southern border"

or how about the "Border Lead"
"I’ve asked her, the VP, today — because she’s the most qualified person to do it — to lead our efforts with Mexico and the Northern Triangle and the countries that help — are going to need help in stemming the movement of so many folks, stemming the migration to our southern border."
Lol…you realize everything in your link supports what I posted right? Or you could just listen to the VP addressing the press in April 2021 where she drew a line between her job and that of Secretary Mayorkas:

A: "So, as I mentioned to the experts, the President has asked Sec. Mayorkas to address what is going on at the border, and he has been working very hard and is showing some progress because of his hard work. I have been asked to lead the issue of addressing the root causes, similar to what the then-vice president did many years ago, but I will tell you that these are not issues that are going to be addressed overnight in terms of the root causes issue. A large part of our focus is diplomatic in terms of what we can do in a way that is about working with these countries. For example, I have talked with the president of Mexico, the president of Guatemala. — I'm probably saying too much — but we have plans in the work to go to Guatemala as soon as possible given all the restrictions in terms of COVID and things of that nature. But these are areas of focus for a very important and good reason. We must address the symptoms and that is what is happening with the team of folks working on the border, led by Ali Mayorkas, but we also have to deal with the root causes, otherwise we are just in a perpetual system. Our goal is to deal with the root causes, and I'm happy, looking forward to be travelling for what will be, hopefully, my first trip to the Northern Triangle, stopping first in Mexico and then Guatemala sometime soon."

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/vice-presidential-pool-reports-april-14-2021

And I post this knowing it won’t make the slightest difference because you reside in a fact-free environment.

Donald trump has put together the greatest unity party possibly in our nation's history. The endorsement from kennedy today is the most powerful in modern history. An assassination attempt could not stop what is coming. Kamala Harris stands for nothing. She's the least popular VP in recorded us history and her one assignment as the border czar resulted in 12 million illegal aliens. Vote accordingly.

Lol…you realize everything in your link supports what I posted right? Or you could just listen to the VP addressing the press in April 2021 where she drew a line between her job and that of Secretary Mayorkas:

A: "So, as I mentioned to the experts, the President has asked Sec. Mayorkas to address what is going on at the border, and he has been working very hard and is showing some progress because of his hard work. I have been asked to lead the issue of addressing the root causes, similar to what the then-vice president did many years ago, but I will tell you that these are not issues that are going to be addressed overnight in terms of the root causes issue. A large part of our focus is diplomatic in terms of what we can do in a way that is about working with these countries. For example, I have talked with the president of Mexico, the president of Guatemala. — I'm probably saying too much — but we have plans in the work to go to Guatemala as soon as possible given all the restrictions in terms of COVID and things of that nature. But these are areas of focus for a very important and good reason. We must address the symptoms and that is what is happening with the team of folks working on the border, led by Ali Mayorkas, but we also have to deal with the root causes, otherwise we are just in a perpetual system. Our goal is to deal with the root causes, and I'm happy, looking forward to be travelling for what will be, hopefully, my first trip to the Northern Triangle, stopping first in Mexico and then Guatemala sometime soon."

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/vice-presidential-pool-reports-april-14-2021

And I post this knowing it won’t make the slightest difference because you reside in a fact-free environment.
I appreciate the post with good info, but you do realize you are trying to deny that she was the border czar because she was only in charge of the root cause. The point is that she was appointed by biden to take charge of the root causes of the border issue. Its pretty clear republicans are not happy about the way Mayorkas has handled the border either.

Border czar is a fictitious title that was given to her by the media, its not like there is a written out job description of what a border czar does. She was in charge of part of the border, most people would consider this good enough to call her the border czar. Im not sure why you pick such stupid things to disagree with? who cares if she is called the border czar or the person in charge of the root causes of the border, either way, it doesn't change the fact that she did not get anything accomplished that is worth mentioning. That sounds like a failure to me no matter what you want to call her.

These are all good points to consider when deciding who you will vote for. Biden is the president who put Kamala in charge. If you think that was foolish, then stop voting for this crap.

Presumption is the warm blanket of idiocy

Reactions: VodkaSam
I appreciate the post with good info, but you do realize you are trying to deny that she was the border czar because she was only in charge of the root cause. The point is that she was appointed by biden to take charge of the root causes of the border issue. Its pretty clear republicans are not happy about the way Mayorkas has handled the border either.

Border czar is a fictitious title that was given to her by the media, it’s not like there is a written out job description of what a border czar does. She was in charge of part of the border, most people would consider this good enough to call her the border czar. Im not sure why you pick such stupid things to disagree with? who cares if she is called the border czar or the person in charge of the root causes of the border, either way, it doesn't change the fact that she did not get anything accomplished that is worth mentioning. That sounds like a failure to me no matter what you want to call her.
The GOP has no standing to even comment on the border. They sank a bipartisan border deal to benefit their orange-tinted dictator.

Only an idiot would believe that what’s wrong in Central America can be fixed in three years. From the link I shared with you, more of the Vice-President’s remarks:

“But let me be clear, people who've been working on this for decades will tell you, it will not be obvious overnight. The work we are going to have to do will require a commitment that is continuous, that we institutionalize with our partners and that's the work that I'm prepared to do, which is to begin that process of meaningful work knowing that we are going to have to have a long-term strategy and it will take some time to see the benefits of that work. But it will be worth it.”

That’s how a president speaks.

The GOP has no standing to even comment on the border. They sank a bipartisan border deal to benefit their orange-tinted dictator.

Only an idiot would believe that what’s wrong in Central America can be fixed in three years. From the link I shared with you, more of the Vice-President’s remarks:

“But let me be clear, people who've been working on this for decades will tell you, it will not be obvious overnight. The work we are going to have to do will require a commitment that is continuous, that we institutionalize with our partners and that's the work that I'm prepared to do, which is to begin that process of meaningful work knowing that we are going to have to have a long-term strategy and it will take some time to see the benefits of that work. But it will be worth it.”

That’s how a president speaks.
We were talking about kamala being the border czar. Just because you don't like how Republicans voted doesn't mean you get to deny basic facts like kamala being in charge of part of the border.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT