ADVERTISEMENT

I would like to hear from Republicans or Centrists

I think Harris probably wins but it’s gonna be extremely close. Main reason it’s gonna be close is Harris is still a very weak candidate.

D’s and friendly media have done an amazing job rehabilitating her though. Have to admit that…
Trump is still Trump.

Garbage v hot garbage election.

My votes over the years. Reagan Bush 1, Bush 1, Dole, Bush 2, no one, no one, Romney, no one, no one.

Im pro life but not without exceptions. Changed opinion on war. Im anti.

I here Dems pretty muchbacting like the way Repubs used to except on abortion and trans gender. I am very opposed to children making tbe change and he/she issues with children. Im tolerant on gays rights with some limits.

Dems have oft been anti child tax credit and glad to see that.

Hariis concerns me but she seems genuine in what she says. I find her personality that is shown to be likeable.

Both sides are in bed with business. The Dems position on MRNA will prove out disasterous.

We need to lower the estate tax exemption.

I hope Harris is a good transition to a female Pres...at least to the level Obama was domestically.

The Bush, Obama, and Biden oil wars are terrible.

As a Christian I dont get tbe long leash on the Israeli nut.

LBJ was likely a terrible person but he allowed civil rights to move forward. We have a long way to go.

Last edited:
Personally I think every big time politician is crooked as can be. Both sides. Unfortunately people are blinded by the media. Both sides.

I would love to see moderates across the board in both parties.
Please remember only one of them is a traitors, that tried to subvert the Constitution and the Republic on Jan 6.

He must be stopped at all cost.

I am a moderate who has voted for both sides. although at the current time I am probably as anti democrat as anyone on this board.

I listened to some of the speeches at the DNC. I was not impressed. I think dems know that the real democrat message will not win the election for them. They are pro war, pro trans, pro racial division, pro climate change agenda, pro price controls, pro government control, pro censorship, pro dei, etc. This message is not one that will win over the majority of the country. So instead they are trying to create more hatred toward trump while just presenting Kamala as a positive image.

I despise the fact that the whole democratic agenda is based on lies and deception. Dems tried to hide Biden's age and mental decline until it was proven beyond any shadow of belief. They have now implemented a new candidate late in the process without any input from the people, they are keeping her from interviews. They are not forthcoming with what her policies are. They It all just seems like a big lie and it makes me not trust them.

They denied her being appointed as the 'border czar' despite it being published that way for a long time. She said the economy is great under Biden and even came out with Kamalonics but then comes out saying that inflation is really hurting people. Democrats think they can just straight up lie to people and the stupid people will just believe whatever they say.

Lol at you being a centrist.

Also there is a reason Democrats get more votes and that's because regular Americans are pro-trans rights, pro civil rights, pro dei, pro "woke", anti-Russia taking over Europe, pro climate change agenda.

My votes over the years. Reagan Bush 1, Bush 1, Dole, Bush 2, no one, no one, Romney, no one, no one.

Im pro life but not without exceptions. Changed opinion on war. Im anti.

I here Dems pretty muchbacting like the way Repubs used to except on abortion and trans gender. I am very opposed to children making tbe change and he/she issues with children. Im tolerant on gays rights with some limits.

Dems have oft been anti child tax credit and glad to see that.

Hariis concerns me but she seems genuine in what she says. I find her personality that is shown to be likeable.

Both sides are in bed with business. The Dems position on MRNA will prove out disasterous.

We need to lower the estate tax exemption.

Birth rates, obesity, and labor shortages will be our undoing.

Also plenty of BAU lack of self awareness with people spewing hard right talking points and calling themselves centrists or moderates.
You probably think it is a MAGA viewpoint to point out that candidate Harris doesn’t much talk to the media to take questions and doesn’t give interviews. She also doesn’t talk policy.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
I have no voting record because I don’t trust any politicians and have never felt the need to vote as the outcome never really affects my life.
I’ll be voting for the first time this year to keep that POS Trump out of office. He isn’t fit to run a bait shop and there are millions of morons who believe he should run this country. It’s unbelievably sad.

Birth rates, obesity, and labor shortages will be our undoing.

Obesity can be our undoing if we insist on an ‘other people payer’ healthcare system that obviates consumer accountability and choice.

Birth rates can be our undoing if we let the government tax the future into oblivion and saddles them with a Ponzi scheme pretending it’s a retirement system.

There has always been and will always be a labor shortage in that the work you can envision exceeds your capacity to perform or pay. We’ll be fine as long as labor is prioritized by real prices.

I didn't watch either convention but have been impressed by Dems with their media savvy. They just have absolutely memory holed the shit out of Trump being shot and the coup of Biden to the point where no one talks about either or just doesn't care anymore.
They have great message discipline to the point where 99.9% of them in a survey would use "threat to democracy" and "weird" to describe Trump/Vance. Dems IMO are more throwing a party than they are a campaign but it's definitely. working a la Trump16.

It will be a close one in Nov but I'll mostly be in a food coma or half popped with it being football season but keep me updated on how it goes. Hope this message finds you well and remember both sides suck ass.

Republicans:
Poop Hippo GIF

Lol!

And yet, in an election that includes the most vile and flawed human to disgrace our nation you spend three paragraphs critical his opponent.

Just like our HORT polls that show about 10% support for Trump, I don’t believe you.
It is a thread that asked for centrists to give their opinion on the election following the DNC. I gave my opinion on things as they stand. There’s nothing I said that can even be refuted by an intellectually honest person.

I don’t need to talk to about MAGA here. Everyone with a brain knows Trump is a jackass. There is a decade of public evidence illustrating his outrageous idiocy.

I’m being optimistic coming off the DNC. I would like to hear from Republicans, but the ones on here just spam trash, so I don’t really care.

I would really like to hear from Republicans or Centrists, on what they think about the election.

If the usual trash could stay out of the thread, that would be great, but I’m not expecting it.
I consider my myself a centrist who has voted for republicans and democrats. I would never vote for Trump. That leaves Kamala. I like some things about her, but this whole notion of taxing unrealized gains is the kind of thing that keeps people away. I understand it is a tiny fraction of people who would pay, but it is a toehold on the concept, and the slope can be slippery.

Reactions: Hawk_82
I think that just like in 2016, the media is underestimating how unpopular the Democratic candidate is. Harris will not bring out the voters like Obama did. I think people will just stay home again.
There will be a lot of “vote blue no matter who” types, but it won’t be like it was for Biden. With him, people were indifferent. With Harris, they actually dislike her.
Trump can win this election by huge margins if he stays on message. And that message is that Harris is the insider and he’s the outsider who is going to return the government to the will of the people. But we all know he is incapable of doing that.

And that message is that Harris is the insider and he’s the outsider who is going to return the government to the will of the people.
That Trump has convinced tens of millions of people he is for the average Joe and that he is not deeply woven into very fabric of the “inside” is sadly hilarious. I understand other people have other reasons motivating a vote for Trump, but that is the dumbest shit in the world.

It is a thread that asked for centrists to give their opinion on the election following the DNC. I gave my opinion on things as they stand. There’s nothing I said that can even be refuted by an intellectually honest person.

I don’t need to talk to about MAGA here. Everyone with a brain knows Trump is a jackass. There is a decade of public evidence illustrating his outrageous idiocy.
Your first post was all about Harris bashing, specifically about her not doing interviews. The fact that she has only had a campaign for a month, and had a billion other more important things to do, and the fact that her campaign page is filled with policy, it doesn't lend much credence that you are a centrist when you bash her but don't complain that Trump has had 8 years but still has no policy plans beyond tax cuts for rich people.

I think the vague "good vibes" theme is being done out of necessity to limit the infighting between the Far Left and the more mainstream liberals that plagued the 2016 Democratic campaign. Hating Trump is one of the few remaining areas where both groups agree with each other and are highly motivated.

• Love
Reactions: Hawk_82
Your first post was all about Harris bashing, specifically about her not doing interviews. The fact that she has only had a campaign for a month, and had a billion other more important things to do, and the fact that her campaign page is filled with policy, it doesn't lend much credence that you are a centrist when you bash her but don't complain that Trump has had 8 years but still has no policy plans beyond tax cuts for rich people.
lol. What did I say in there that was “bashing” her. Everything in there is factual.

Trump is a moron. He is only backed by morons and normal people vote for him with their wallets, not because he is a better candidate. I don’t live in a swing state. My state is red and my part of the election was decided long ago.

lol. What did I say in there that was “bashing” her. Everything in there is factual.

Trump is a moron. He is only backed by morons and normal people vote for him with their wallets, not because he is a better candidate. I don’t live in a swing state. My state is red and my part of the election was decided long ago.
In just one month she has had to call up delegates, shore up the nomination, create an entire campaign, raise hundreds of millions of dollars, pick a running mate, plan for the convention, and do endless rallies to create support. And you bitch that she hasn't done a CNN interview. It's dishonest.

Lol at you being a centrist.

Also there is a reason Democrats get more votes and that's because regular Americans are pro-trans rights, pro civil rights, pro dei, pro "woke", anti-Russia taking over Europe, pro climate change agenda.

Is this sarcasm, or do you genuinely believe that most Americans are pro-DEI, pro-Trans Rights, pro "Woke", and pro-Climate Change Agenda?

You just parroted GOP talking points.
lol. I paid compliment to the DNC and the work they’ve done. I illustrated that they’re not flying close to the sun and they have a candidate who hasn’t really campaigned

Do you dispute any of what I said or do you find these facts to be insignificant?

I’m being optimistic coming off the DNC. I would like to hear from Republicans, but the ones on here just spam trash, so I don’t really care.

I would really like to hear from Republicans or Centrists, on what they think about the election.

If the usual trash could stay out of the thread, that would be great, but I’m not expecting it.
Horrible election cycle. Not a fan of Trump and the people who screamed about saving democracy, completely did the opposite and appointed someone that never recieved a single vote. Hard to take anyone serious and take their word they are looking out for me.

The American way is lost right now!!!

You probably think it is a MAGA viewpoint to point out that candidate Harris doesn’t much talk to the media to take questions and doesn’t give interviews. She also doesn’t talk policy.
I don't care about her policy positions. I really don't give two shits. Unless she goes completely off the rails per current Democratic party orthodoxy, I'm fine with her. The fewer interviews with media, the less talk about policy the better as far as I'm concerned. We'll deal with that after the election. For me she's generic Democrat, and she proved in her convention speech she has the gravitas and bearing to be a credible President.

The election is about keeping Donald John Trump out of the White House. It's a bonus that Harris appears to have the chops to play the role of President well.

In just one month she has had to call up delegates, shore up the nomination, create an entire campaign, raise hundreds of millions of dollars, pick a running mate, plan for the convention, and do endless rallies to create support. And you bitch that she hasn't done a CNN interview. It's dishonest.
She hasnt really done any campaigning. I’m not bitching, just stating the facts because I think that is working to her benefit in a major way.

In a campaign, you go around talking off the cuff, a lot, and you say dumb shit, a lot, and that is part of the Darwinian survival of the fittest nature of the election. All that has been bypassed here so there is little in the way of relevant material to use against her, especially soundbyte meme worthy stuff. They won’t be able to keep her in this cocoon though.

You think you know better than me, but the proof isn't there. What makes Kamala a good presidential candidate?

I have never stated she is; my comment was related to you, presuming I voted for "this crap."

I think the Republicans are in a great spot and I think we have a legit shot at winning the popular vote.

Gen Z isn't as committed to Kamala as the dems would like and fortunately Black Americans are starting to see through the bullshit of the dem party, I think we will have more black males vote Republicans than ever before.

At some point, Kamala is going to have to answer questions, no dem is confident in that.

I will say Vance seems to be far less likable than I would have thought. I thought he would be a neutral with a great chance to be a 2 term president, I don't know that he can ever be the head of our ticket. I would be shocked if Tulsi isn't on the 2028 ticket, as things look today.

Walz, was he the only one that would say yes or was he the one they wanted and they really just didn't do any research?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT