ADVERTISEMENT

IC bar name help

It had six tables. Guaranteed to fail. I went there a few times and they did have good music, not just heavy metal, but there was literally no place to sit and have drinks while hitting on women.

It had six tables. Guaranteed to fail. I went there a few times and they did have good music, not just heavy metal, but there was literally no place to sit and have drinks while hitting on women.
To my recollection, they didn't book a lot of bands that you would probably feel like sitting down for. Although maybe that was only the shows that I attended.

I saw Fishbone at Gunnerz I believe. Crazy show.
May still have a matchbook from there.

I was usually drunk when I was there, so, I can't remember if you went upstairs or not. Probably not a good thing.

I wonder what Dporthawk92’s new handle is and whether he’ll cop to it.

I also wonder why the devil decided to bring this random thread up after three years.
Clearly there is a strong, pent-up desire to discuss this topic. He knows what puts asses in the seats.

If you’re old enough to have been at Woodfield’s in the early 80’s you might remember this song. Don’t know why, but they played it a lot there. I don’t remember any live bands there at that time.

Reactions: E.RogerCoswell
Gunners was a block west of the Englert. It eventually turned into that t-shirt store that recently closed.

This.

I was a Gunnerz regular. My memory is hazy but I recall the upstairs had pool tables and couches and downstairs had a big bar on the right and a small stage and floor for standing. Smoked a lot in that place.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Gunnerz has the buy one get one free long islands. That place was tiny and destined to fail. I think the owner likes to party was part of the problem as well if I remember correctly.

Reactions: lucas80
This.

I was a Gunnerz regular. My memory is hazy but I recall the upstairs had pool tables and couches and downstairs had a big bar on the right and a small stage and floor for standing. Smoked a lot in that place.

That’s exactly right. We openly smoked weed in the place. My buddies band opened for Great White there and absolutely made them look like amateurs. It wasn’t long after that show Great White torched the club out east where all those people perished. Gunnar was a great guy but not necessarily an astute businessman but he supported local music so I supported him with my patronage.

Reactions: Pinehawk

I also wonder why the devil decided to bring this random thread up after three years.

Wasn't Gunnerz. I'm thinking it started with a T or something.

Leave it to HROT to leave no stone unturned.

I swore off drinking so many times after getting uber sloshed at Woodfields Thursday $5 all you can drink nights. Oi!

Spent many nights at Woodfields in 81-82. No real lines and they took fake id's. Wednesday was dime draws and Thursday was $3 all you can drink. You could drink and smoke anything you wanted in there. At some point they must have upped it $5. It's really to bad I can't remember much of what went on. I just remember having a good time and waking up feeling like sh!t.

somebody was bringing up threads from 2015 just a few days ago, not sayin its related

Spent many nights at Woodfields in 81-82. No real lines and they took fake id's. Wednesday was dime draws and Thursday was $3 all you can drink. You could drink and smoke anything you wanted in there. At some point they must have upped it $5. It's really to bad I can't remember much of what went on. I just remember having a good time and waking up feeling like sh!t.

You might be right, perhaps it was $3 instead of $5. That seems so insanely cheap now that I forget the correct amount. We probably passed each other multiple nights there over those years.

I remember Woodfields in the news in 80 or so, bunch of football players involved in some altercation. It was no longer there when I got to school 82-83. Was it Tycoon's then?

I think it was Tycoon IC.
Had a very rough night with tequila there in 1987. My memory stops after the fifth shot, but I've been told we did nine.

I remember Woodfields in the news in 80 or so, bunch of football players involved in some altercation. It was no longer there when I got to school 82-83. Was it Tycoon's then?

Woodfields was still there at least until 1984. Reggie Roby was drafted in 1983 and DJd there his first off season in the NFL. Think it closed in 85.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT