ADVERTISEMENT

If I missed my flight because of this . . . .

My biggest fear right now is that the generation that’s coming up does not have the wherewithal to win a difficult war, because of a misunderstanding of what war looks like and what it takes to win. If this generation has to fight a war against China, we will 100% lose. This is not because of our equipment or our armed forces. This is because the average young citizen doesn’t understand the realities of the world and have the stomach it would take to win.
"I hope I never live to see anything like this happen in America. But sometimes I wish
people over there could at least see it. Sometimes I think they don't quite understand
what it's like."

-Sergeant Eldridge Benefield, on viewing the ruins of Aachen, Germany, during World
War II

Reactions: Gus is dead
Interesting map.

l9SWgHM.jpg

I will never understand why people think pissing everyone off is going to somehow gain them support for whatever issue it is they are protesting. You actually want to help your cause? Take a clue from the ASPCA and run some 2 minute commercials with sad Sarah McLauchlan music showing really sad images. That will get you attention and support. Don't make people late for their flights or trash priceless works or art.
It can work, but there has to be a nexus to what they're protesting. For example, the lunch counter sit ins and bus and garbage worker strikes of the civil rights movement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT