ADVERTISEMENT

Religious Advice Needed

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
Alexa just announced a "fire weather watch" for my town, starting Wednesday.

Personally, I'd rather not have fires in my neck of the woods.

Which gods do I need to sacrifice to? And what are the best sacrifices?

Don't say "virgins" because I'm pretty sure their existence is a myth.

Reactions: BelemNole

Do the one with the multi-armed elephant and maybe throw in a few Hosannas. That oughta do it.

Too bad, we got Biden as president. Fires were better under Trump.

flying spaghetti monster GIF by gifnews

Just DM and I will provide you with wiring instructions. I pray to only the best gods, and I will put in a good word for you.

Do the one with the multi-armed elephant and maybe throw in a few Hosannas. That oughta do it.
You mean the one homer simpson made fun of?

Just remember though. As Rev. Lovejoy noted, God didn't burn your house down. But he did act through all of your neighbors who tried to save it, whether they be Christian (Flanders), Jew (Krusty), or Miscellaneous (Apu).

"Tefnut was the goddess of storms and water in the Pharaonic pantheon."

"Her priests were expected to cherish storms, thus it was not uncommon to find them outside during fierce downpours. Their sacrifices to her took the form of animals."

There you go!

Tefnut_%28Goddess%29.png

Here are some:

(At each '†', make the Sign of The Cross)

Jesus Christ a King of Glory has come in Peace.† God became man,† and the Word was made flesh.† Christ was born of a Virgin.† Christ suffered.† Christ was crucified.† Christ died.† Christ rose from the dead.† Christ ascended into Heaven.† Christ conquers.† Christ reigns.† Christ orders.† May Christ protect us from all storms and lightning† Christ went through their midst in Peace,† and the word was made flesh.† Christ is with us with Mary.† Flee you enemy spirits because the Lion of the Generation of Juda, the Root David, has won.† Holy God!† Holy Powerful God!† Holy Immortal God!† Have mercy on us. Amen!

I read that and my first thought was "...and we think Muslims are nutty with all their 'peace be upon him' and "praise Allah' and other interjections."

(At each '†', make the Sign of The Cross)

Jesus Christ a King of Glory has come in Peace.† God became man,† and the Word was made flesh.† Christ was born of a Virgin.† Christ suffered.† Christ was crucified.† Christ died.† Christ rose from the dead.† Christ ascended into Heaven.† Christ conquers.† Christ reigns.† Christ orders.† May Christ protect us from all storms and lightning† Christ went through their midst in Peace,† and the word was made flesh.† Christ is with us with Mary.† Flee you enemy spirits because the Lion of the Generation of Juda, the Root David, has won.† Holy God!† Holy Powerful God!† Holy Immortal God!† Have mercy on us. Amen!

I read that and my first thought was "...and we think Muslims are nutty with all their 'peace be upon him' and "praise Allah' and other interjections."

Muslims don't believe Jesus was crucified.

Jesus's crucifixion is a historical fact.

Just a thought. :)

"Tefnut was the goddess of storms and water in the Pharaonic pantheon."

"Her priests were expected to cherish storms, thus it was not uncommon to find them outside during fierce downpours. Their sacrifices to her took the form of animals."

There you go!

Tefnut_%28Goddess%29.png

"Tefnut generally fought by striking her foes with lightning bolts. If this proved to be ineffective, she would teleport away from the scene of battle."

Sounds like someone from Star Trek. If the phaser doesn't get the job done, beam out.

• Haha
Reactions: NDallasRuss
Is that true?

My understanding is that they don't acknowledge His divinity, but I thought they accepted the rest. So I've always assumed they accepted His crucifixion but not that he was resurrected.

Why do we spell "crucifixion" with an "x" instead of as "crucifiction"? Is it because we want to put a cross in there, or because we don't want people pointing to the subword "fiction"?

Jesus's crucifixion is a historical fact.

Just a thought. :)
This is your gripe?

"Muslims believe he was raised to Heaven without being put on the cross and God created a resemblance to appear exactly like Jesus who was crucified instead of Jesus, and he ascended bodily to Heaven, there to remain until his Second Coming in the End days"

Reactions: BrianNole777
This is your gripe?

"Muslims believe he was raised to Heaven without being put on the cross and God created a resemblance to appear exactly like Jesus who was crucified instead of Jesus, and he ascended bodily to Heaven, there to remain until his Second Coming in the End days"

Yep. I like history. :)

Is that true?

My understanding is that they don't acknowledge His divinity, but I thought they accepted the rest. So I've always assumed they accepted His crucifixion but not that he was resurrected.

It's true.

The Quran was written 600 years after Jesus was crucified.

This is your gripe?

I did not know that. Interesting.

Sounds equally loony to me.

The way I see it, you can go one of two routes. Pray to the god of fire for control or to the god of water to extinguish. Either way, I have you covered.

Prayer to Hephaestus, God of Fire:

Mighty Hephaestus, master of flames, bearer of the forge's eternal blaze, we beseech thee, hear our humble plea. Grant us thy strength, thy sacred decree. In thy domain, where infernos dance, guide our hands with thy fiery lance. Control the flames that rage untamed, let not destruction be our name. Protector of craftsmen, artisan divine, in thy power, may safety shine. With thy wisdom, bring us clarity, shield us from fire's calamity. Hephaestus, hear our fervent call, bless us with thy watchful thrall. Temper the fire, let it be still, in thy name, we seek thy will.

Prayer to Neptune, God of Water:

Neptune, ruler of the boundless sea, master of waves and depths so free, we implore thee, in this hour of dread, quell the flames with thy watery spread. From thy realm where currents flow, with thy trident's mighty blow, extinguish the fire that threatens all, let thy waters answer our call. In thy oceanic embrace, we find solace, in thy currents, let safety chase. Bring forth thy torrents, thy soothing might, douse the flames, restore the night. Neptune, guardian of the aquatic domain, heed our plea amidst the fiery reign. With thy waters, wash away the ire, in thy name, extinguish the fire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT