ADVERTISEMENT

IF KF wins less then 9 with this schedule...

Ugh, I can see why there are some Polly Annas here when some posters are over eager to bury Iowa football. The schedule last year is similar to the one this year. However, last year Iowa's toughest opponents were home games, like Wisconsin, Nebraska, and rival Iowa St that plays up for Iowa. So it was optimistic but realistic to hope for a double digit win season.

This season has pretty much the same opponents, with the easier opponents at home. So while it is highly unlikely, especially with last year's performance, to get double digit wins, it is going to be hard NOT to win 7 games, but little more. The problem is not that Iowa football is a garbage fire, it is that it is mediocre, and absent one year, has been for the past decade. If Iowa does better than 6-6 next year, Ferentz will be back, as he still has Greg Davis as a scapegoat he can fire and use to buy another year.

As for Maryland, last year was a high water mark for their program and they still were barely in the top 100 for offense. Iowa was a lot better in offensive ranks; that is the difference between Iowa and Maryland losing skill positions, in addition to optimism for CJ and Tevaun. And whatever Maryland does end up for qb and wr, they will not be half as good as what they replaced. You get a line of 10 points on the Maryland game this year, take it. As for Iowa St., their program is a garbage fire. Past success at Ames is not going to help them in Ames this year. If Ferentz loses that one, it is unlikely he will win any other trophy games. And if he goes 0-4 against Iowa's rivals 2 years in a row, no fast 40 times of recruits for 2016 are going to save him.

You are not going to "makeachange" by falsely saying Iowa is now Purdue when they are more like Rutgers or Minnesota, which after 10 years for me personally is unacceptable. We will see what the new president at Iowa thinks after next season, though.

Originally posted by gryzz14:
The problem is not that Iowa football is a garbage fire, it is that it is mediocre, and absent one year, has been for the past decade.
I'll continue correcting every post I see until you people accept that 2008 was not a mediocre season. Deal with it, motherf***ers....(not you personally, gryzz, but in general)

And no you people under this impression can't argue that it was, either, nor should you try just because I posted this. You're wrong. Accept it and get back to impatiently waiting for the next chance to make bitter posts about the state of the current Iowa football team (or optimistic hopes if that suits you better).

Thanks and have a nice day.

Originally posted by BuddyRydell:

Originally posted by makeachange:
Iowa loses it's first game. Weak LB's-no Spearman. Weak DB's. Only Defensive stud graduated.
ISU and Ill State will beat Iowa.

I say 6 win season
People have told you to put the bottle down, your on something, etc...
I just laughed, but the more you post, the more I believe they are correct. You are on something, for you can't possibly be this obtuse. Here is a number that might help:

ec
Projecting your own problems much?

Also, nice sig... good to see you exercising self restraint while anonymously posting on message boards.

Originally posted by thirdandpunting:

Originally posted by BuddyRydell:

Iowa loses it's first game. Weak LB's-no Spearman. Weak DB's. Only Defensive stud graduated.

I say 6 win season
People have told you to put the bottle down, your on something, etc...
I just laughed, but the more you post, the more I believe they are correct. You are on something, for you can't possibly be this obtuse. Here is a number that might help:

ec
Projecting your own problems much?

Also, nice sig... good to see you exercising self restraint while anonymously posting on message boards.
Before posting again, please take this test:
http://www.quizrocket.com/idiot-quiz

9 is unlikely with this level of talent given their schedule.
6 or 7 is about where they're at.
The only game I'll call specifically as a loss is isu. Doesn't seem to matter how bad they are, Ferentz has done less with more in this game multiple times during his tenure.
If they can get to 8 wins, that would be a relatively successful year.

The schedule doesn't dictate our success. Ferentz' good teams have put up good records regardless of schedule. His average or bad teams don't do well against whatever the schedule is.

I say 6 win season
So Iowa losses to ISU and ILL St but still win 6? If Iowa losses their first 2 we are in big trouble and could be 2012 all over again. Plus don't think loss of Spearman is that big of a deal and Drew Ott is a heck of a football player on the defensive side. For the weak DBs Desmond King is pretty solid too. I'm sure even the legendary Mark Stoops would take King and Ott
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by EvilMonkeyInTheCloset:
The problem is not that Iowa football is a garbage fire, it is that it is mediocre, and absent one year, has been for the past decade.
I'll continue correcting every post I see until you people accept that 2008 was not a mediocre season. Deal with it, motherf***ers....(not you personally, gryzz, but in general)

And no you people under this impression can't argue that it was, either, nor should you try just because I posted this. You're wrong. Accept it and get back to impatiently waiting for the next chance to make bitter posts about the state of the current Iowa football team (or optimistic hopes if that suits you better).

Thanks and have a nice day.
Does someone have a "psychiatric disorder in which the patient experiences delusions of great power
and importance?"

Kirk has said that he has rededicated himself to recruiting and coaching; therefore, if htat is what has been missing the last five plus years then Iowa should be greatly improved and 9 or 10 wins is not out of the question.

"Kirk has said that he has rededicated himself to recruiting and coaching; therefore, if htat is what has been missing the last five plus years then Iowa should be greatly improved and 9 or 10 wins is not out of the question."
Let's see, if he has just rededicated himself that means those recruits he rededicated himself to won't be ready until at least the 2016 or 17 season. Meanwhile Iowa has to go with the players he recruited when he wasn't rededicating himself. 9 or 10 wins? Out of the question with the players he wasn't dedicated to.

I'll continue correcting every post I see until you people accept that 2008 was not a mediocre season.
Neither was 2010. Disappointing, yes. Mediocre, no. (8-5 with bowl win over 12th ranked, 1-loss Missouri).

Originally posted by N.Legend:

"Kirk has said that he has rededicated himself to recruiting and coaching; therefore, if htat is what has been missing the last five plus years then Iowa should be greatly improved and 9 or 10 wins is not out of the question."
Let's see, if he has just rededicated himself that means those recruits he rededicated himself to won't be ready until at least the 2016 or 17 season. Meanwhile Iowa has to go with the players he recruited when he wasn't rededicating himself. 9 or 10 wins? Out of the question with the players he wasn't dedicated to.

Here again is my prediction for the year. Save it or archive it. I'll enjoy my 'told you so's' at the end of the yr. lol

Road games at:
ISU - W ISU WILL BE WORSE THIS YEAR. Vengeance shall be ours 41-10 Iowa
Wisky - W New coach, no gordon=struggles. 24-21 Iowa
Northwestern - W Iowa finally has NW consistantly figured out? 28-17 Iowa
Indiana - W Are you kidding me? No Coleman. No defense. 42-13 Iowa
Nebraska - W New coach, no Bell, no late game miracles this year 14-10 Iowa

Home games:
Illinois State- W Great first test for the year. some kids will grow up before our eyes. 31-20 Iowa
Pittsburgh - W Conner can''t carry the new coach. 21-17 Iowa
N Texas State - W Weiger gets his first action in this blowout. 48-10 Iowa
Illinois - W Someone said Toss up? Are you mad? 35-17 Iowa
Maryland - W No Diggs, No Brownie, no Maryland winnie 27-3 Iowa
Minnesota - W That TE end went pro, thank goodness. The pigs comin home boys! 28-17 Iowa
Purdue - W The boils will be popped by the time they come to Iowa! 31-10 Iowa

B1G Championship. Jake Rudcock leads Michigan to the Championship game with a 28-24 Iowa
last minute score and the upset of Ohio $t. but his 4th and goal
pass from the seven is batted down as time expires allowing Iowa
to escape with the 28-24 victory in the championship game!!!

First round NCAA CJ is hurt in the 1st qtr. and although Weigers performs admirably, he
playoffs can't overcome a very good TCU team. 38-27 TCU

Originally posted by MoneyintheBanks:
Originally posted by GarryO37:

Originally posted by MoneyintheBanks:
Alabama still has their old jerseys. We should ask them actually, because they've been substantially more effective than Oregon has.

Mark Stoops has not proven anything coaching wise to justify saying he can come in here and win, or even be better than KF for that reason. He struggles against a mediocre SEC East division last year.
Substantially? Really? For the past 7 or 8 years Oregon has been a top 5 program right there with Alabama. Do they have National Championships? No. But they are playing for them year in and out. I'm just curious. What do you think substantially means?

Are you trying to say that Iowa is on the same level as Alabama and doesn't need to change their uniforms? LOL. That's delusional.

I don't care about Mark Stoops. But going from 2-10 to 5-7 is a pretty big improvement. Fans went nuts when KF went from 1-10 to 3-9

It's funny how you mention that Mark Stoops hasn't proven anything coaching wise to justify him being the head coach at Iowa. He was a top D-coordinator, but I bet you knew that. Right?

Or maybe you meant head coach? What did KF prove as being a head coach before coming to Iowa? Nothing. Head sported a 12-21 record at Maine.
3 National Championships to 0 National Championships is a substantial difference, dufus. Also, bold the part where I said Iowa was even close to the same stage as Bama...I'll wait. But go ahead and put words in my mouth to strengthen your argument and make yourself feel superior.

Also, we're talking about a guy who has gone 2-14 in his last 16 conference games ON THE WEAK SIDE of the SEC. So throw out Bielema's record too if you want, although it's not really comparable. If he has a winning season this year, then sure, I'd be interested in him, but right now I'd rather have KF. He also lost to a weaker Louisville team.

And you try to justify him as a head coach by pointing out 'he's a top D-Coordinator'? Well shoot, a couple years ago we should've gave Phil Parker the reigns as the Head Coach, since he was pretty good too.

Alabama is 3 for 3 in national championships. Oregon is 0 for 2. Yeah that's substantial alright! Incase you don't already realize it, Oregon and Alabama are both playing for national championships. You're way off, but try and spin it however you want.

Everytime someone brings up new uniforms. You and others alike always bring up, "Alabama doesn't change their uniforms!". Alabama this and Alabama that. You can bank on it just as you can bank on the sun rising in the east every morning. When you do this, you are putting Iowa and Alabama in the same group. "Iowa's uniforms are iconic" is another that often comes up. No they aren't. We knocked off the Steelers. Alabama has had the same uniform for more than two decades longer than Iowa, and they aren't a knock off. That's iconic.

I like how you don't acknowledge KF's record as a head coach before Iowa. I was basically pointing out how Mark Stoops is more qualified than KF was whe he took over at Iowa. Are you saying PP is on the same level as Stoops as a D coordinator? Riiight....

Mark Stoops is taking over one of the worst programs historically in the SEC. KF took over a historically good Big Ten team. Looks like Mark Stoops is turning things around faster than KF did. So yeah, thus far Mark is proving he can coach. Nice try though.

Originally posted by GarryO37:

Alabama is 3 for 3 in national championships. Oregon is 0 for 2.

Minor point, but it would be more accurate to say Alabama has won the beauty pageant that was major college football, prior to last year.

Moving forward, we can talk about national championships. Prior to 2014, not so much.

Originally posted by markfromj:

I'll continue correcting every post I see until you people accept that 2008 was not a mediocre season.
Neither was 2010. Disappointing, yes. Mediocre, no. (8-5 with bowl win over 12th ranked, 1-loss Missouri).
Two loss Mizzou team. Iowa made it three.

I think we can feel good about 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - even if we did underachieve in 2 of those 3 years.

Having said that, it still leaves us with the harsh reality that 7 out of the previous 10 years we haven't been getting "elite" coaching. I don't know that you can argue we've even gotten "good" coaching in those 7 years.

..It's time for Mark Stoops. The lack of recruiters, same ole staff, and now a very minimal quality roster, literally full of projects and soon to be JC transfers....

at least KF change the uniforms to the new NIKE Attack style....you look like 1985.. and not in a good way...recruits/players like to look good, it's a fact. ask Oregon.
No way on Mark Stoops. He is an awful head coach and is abusive. I don't want any part of that. I don't want any part of Bilema either.

Here again is my prediction for the year. Save it or archive it. I'll enjoy my 'told you so's' at the end of the yr. lol

Road games at:
ISU - W ISU WILL BE WORSE THIS YEAR. Vengeance shall be ours 41-10 Iowa
Wisky - W New coach, no gordon=struggles. 24-21 Iowa
Northwestern - W Iowa finally has NW consistantly figured out? 28-17 Iowa
Indiana - W Are you kidding me? No Coleman. No defense. 42-13 Iowa
Nebraska - W New coach, no Bell, no late game miracles this year 14-10 Iowa

Home games:
Illinois State- W Great first test for the year. some kids will grow up before our eyes. 31-20 Iowa
Pittsburgh - W Conner can''t carry the new coach. 21-17 Iowa
N Texas State - W Weiger gets his first action in this blowout. 48-10 Iowa
Illinois - W Someone said Toss up? Are you mad? 35-17 Iowa
Maryland - W No Diggs, No Brownie, no Maryland winnie 27-3 Iowa
Minnesota - W That TE end went pro, thank goodness. The pigs comin home boys! 28-17 Iowa
Purdue - W The boils will be popped by the time they come to Iowa! 31-10 Iowa

B1G Championship. Jake Rudcock leads Michigan to the Championship game with a 28-24 Iowa
last minute score and the upset of Ohio $t. but his 4th and goal
pass from the seven is batted down as time expires allowing Iowa
to escape with the 28-24 victory in the championship game!!!

First round NCAA CJ is hurt in the 1st qtr. and although Weigers performs admirably, he
playoffs can't overcome a very good TCU team. 38-27 TCU

I found this thread interesting. All of the 'haters' from this thread should just keep their 'opinions' to themselves because they obviously had no clue what they are talking about. This Buddy Rydell person sure seems to know what he is talking about. Looks like he has it pegged. Was reading through some other threads and he was dead on about the changes to the running game that were coming, the development of the LB's, etc..

This team will NOT see 9 wins. It's basically like last y ear's schedule but this year we get to go on the road ...

Road games at:
ISU - L
Wisky - L
Northwestern - Toss up
Indiana - Toss up
Nebraska - L

Home games:
Illinois State - W
Pittsburgh - L
N Texas State - W
Illinois - Toss up
Maryland - L
Minnesota - L
Purdue - W

And don't go telling me Maryland and Minney are wins at home. This is pretty much our schedule from last season ... And will absolutely will NOT be better than last season ... a team that was destroyed by a much better 6-6 Tennessee school.

Iowa will be lucky to notch 6 wins and if it had a tough schedule, this is a 4-win team. Face it folks ... We are the new Minnesota of the league ... Continue to try and offer lame excuses about the direction of the program and that Kirk will once again rebuild the program. Minnesota absolutely embarrassed us, as did Tennessee ... Iowa is in a downward spiral. Kirk knows it. Gary knows it ... and MOST fans know it and most fans know it is time for a change. You still have your stragler fans ... the ones who like to spew: "Careful what you wish for" or Go support another team if you don't like the Hawks" ... or "You aren't a real fan anyway" ... or "You need to support the boys on the field" ... The excuses are wearing thin and even the blind koolaid drinkers can't argue the direction the program is headed.

Kirk knows the end is near. That's why you didn't see any staff shakeups ... Kirk has one more season and that's it. Our roster is like the end of the Hayden regime ... Slow ... Out sized, and outmatched ... We have a two-deep that looks more like a UNI than it does a Big 10 team ...

Keep holding on koolaid drinkers ... And in general, I am guessing the kooilaid drinkers who STILL find a way to make excuses also do the same thing in real life ... No real expectations in life and comfortable with the same 'ol same 'ol ... For the majority of fans who don't want accept mediocrity and who are driven for change, well, they greatly outweigh the few who prefer to just stand quietly on the sideline - afraid to get into the game ... afraid to make a change ... They want to play it safe in life ... So don't go rocking my boat ... Iowa football is the Titanic ... and it is sinking quickly ...

This post was edited on 3/31 2:45 PM by DesMoinesHawki

This post was edited on 3/31 2:47 PM by DesMoinesHawki
Omg this is hilarious.....long story short you are really dumb

Agreed. Although you already alluded to it NOT being okay - my prediction is that if Iowa goes 6-6, there will be a segment of the fan base that will chime in and say something to the effect of "You predicted 6 wins this season, and now that they got 6, you're all of the sudden calling for KF's head?" Because we, ya know, met expectations.

Low expectations doesn't make them acceptable.

LOL at 9 wins this year. If only I had a dollar for every time we looked at Iowa's easy schedule and thought they should win 9+ games, and ended up 7-5. Agree, Iowa SHOULD go 9-3 with that schedule.... But they won't. With a lot of the tougher games being on the road this year, I would argue this year's schedule is a little more difficult than last year's, and Iowa went 7-5. Why would they go 9-3 THIS year?

This post was edited on 3/31 3:50 PM by TampaHawkfan
Lol at you

Flick hates KF. I think the team's success is eating him up!
Which is one thing, but to completely disappear when his "fav team" is doing well is cowardly at the very least....we had to listen to his bile for so long and now he is just gone....lil bi+ch move

Which is one thing, but to completely disappear when his "fav team" is doing well is cowardly at the very least....we had to listen to his bile for so long and now he is just gone....lil bi+ch move

Updating this thread in an attempt to single out users is petty and immature. Let's not be so polarizing and enjoy the season together. I'm sure someone could go through your post history over the years and find some stupid posts. That goes for all of us.

To entertain your post, Flick is a friend of mine and he is certainly not upset over Iowa's success. As far as I can recall, he stopped posting over something that bothered him on HR. Nothing to do with the Iowa team. He's super pumped about the season as any Hawk fan would be.

Updating this thread in an attempt to single out users is petty and immature. Let's not be so polarizing and enjoy the season together. I'm sure someone could go through your post history over the years and find some stupid posts. That goes for all of us.

To entertain your post, Flick is a friend of mine and he is certainly not upset over Iowa's success. As far as I can recall, he stopped posting over something that bothered him on HR. Nothing to do with the Iowa team. He's super pumped about the season as any Hawk fan would be.

No, not all of us. We are not talking about 'some stupid posts'. We're talking about a bunch of jerks (like your ol buddy, who is such a narcissist that he calls himself flick shagwell) who shanghai'd EVERY post for months on end rambling on about how bad iowa sucks, how bad the coaches are, how talentless our players are, etc. etc. etc...attacking anyone who tried to reason with them to calm down, and basically ruining this board for a lot of 'true fans'. These people need to be called out about how ridiculous they posted so we don't have a repeat of this everytime a bunch of immature, narcissist are disappointed in a college football team. Your ol buddy flick isn't posting because something upset him? But he's super pumped? But they disappointed him so he had to attack everyone? Thinks he's a 'sex god'? Sounds a little 'bi-polar' to me.

No, not all of us. We are not talking about 'some stupid posts'. We're talking about a bunch of jerks (like your ol buddy, who is such a narcissist that he calls himself flick shagwell) who shanghai'd EVERY post for months on end rambling on about how bad iowa sucks, how bad the coaches are, how talentless our players are, etc. etc. etc...attacking anyone who tried to reason with them to calm down, and basically ruining this board for a lot of 'true fans'. These people need to be called out about how ridiculous they posted so we don't have a repeat of this everytime a bunch of immature, narcissist are disappointed in a college football team. Your ol buddy flick isn't posting because something upset him? But he's super pumped? But they disappointed him so he had to attack everyone? Thinks he's a 'sex god'? Sounds a little 'bi-polar' to me.
Your post is right on the money. Very well said.

Pointing out posting history absolutely lends to whether the poster's point has any relevance for the future.

It has a place. It is also fair.

I missed it too...I had Iowa at anywhere from 6-6 to possibly 10-2 if things broke well for them this year. Of course I could still wind up being correct...but something tells me they go over 10. I hope so at least.

To be fair. There are several posters who had an awful lot to say before the season started who seem to be absent now, and I'm not talking about those with multiple handles. Too bad they couldn't get over their hatred and just enjoy the season.

Well played, there are a handful of Debbie downers that had nothing good to say about the Hawks for months. It did get old, really glad they've crawled into their holes, hopefully never to be heard from again.

I predicted 7-5, like most fans. Really thought Pitt, NW, and Wisc. Would be losses for sure.
Great job by tge Hawks up to the break. Think we can now run the table at home. Indiana and Nebraska will be tough road games. Hoping now for 10-2, definitely want 11-1 which would take us to the championship game.

FWIW, I never once thought about giving up my tickets. Man has it been fun so far this year.

Go Hawks

Reactions: iahawkeyes17

Well I for one hope he stays off b/c he was a douche for a long time.....glad hawks are doing well, glad he is enjoying himself, and most importantly glad he is gone

Man, when I saw the title of this thread I was like...seriously? Good thing its from last spring. 10-2 now should be a worst case scenario

Whatever floats your boat. I still think quoting all the people that are wrong from this old thread in a manner of calling them out is pretty stupid and unnecessary. We are all Iowa fans. Even those you deem vile and disruptive.

I wonder if the OP is still hoping we can get Mark Stoops to come here and "turn around the program". Then again Kentucky has enough issues of their own this year.

Except for a select few there wasn't many here who had the Hawks 7-0, myself included who I thought my 9-3 was very optimistic, but most of us have loved being proven wrong on our predicitions. But there are a few trolls or doom and gloom fans who it is entertaining to see their early season predictions of being 0-2 vs the ISUs and all the negative comments on this team. And to no surprise basically all of them like the OP haven't been heard from since early-mid September.

Reactions: hawk-i bob
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT