ADVERTISEMENT

If our game finishes before MSU's

El Simbolo

HR Heisman
Mar 6, 2002
And we win does Carver have the ability to show end of IU -MSU game live on the video boards? Probably a copyright infringement, I suppose.

Even if this were totally legal and took the press of a button to do, do you think they would?

would those in Carver even stick around to watch? tip off is the same time so it will be interesting to find out. who knows the MSU vs Indiana game may be over with 1st. barring OT. bur at least we will have a good Idea of what seed IA will be getting, 4-6 seed at worst.

IA wins MSU loses 4th at the worst. no matter what O$U does

The question I wanna know is if (assuming we don't play in the B1G championship) will there be a watch party at Carver for Selection Sunday?

Most of the time they aren't even capable of showing our own highlights between the two giant billboards for Barilla, or making sure that the 13" screens facing the concourse are even transmitting video. I don't know how they managed to show live game footage of other Big 10 football action inside Kinnick in 2013, but apparently Barta caught whoever was responsible and had them exiled. We suck at anything A/V related, in all venues, always.

The powers that be are way to ignorant to pull something off something like this. You know, something that makes sense!

Sadly this isn't even on their radar because there hasn't been an original thought in the Iowa Athletic Dept in decades.

Originally posted by thewop:
Even if this were totally legal and took the press of a button to do, do you think they would?
No because all they care about is Mambo #5, the Chicken Dance, Ebony and Ivory and ruining people's experiences at CHA.

FYI, this article from the Quad City Times shows all the possible scenarios for the 3 - 6 seeds in the B1G tourney.

B_XC0RMVEAE_-UQ.png:large

Heck, they don't even give updates of the women's team if playing at the same time so how could they think that someone might be interested in another game. In addition, the Iowa wrestling team will be in the middle of the conference tournament tomorrow morning and I'm pretty sure we won't get updates about that either. And we know how poor internet reception is in CHA, so you are isolated.

Of course, we all know the reason for this. Barta and his buddies live in their own bubble and cannot be disturbed with something that may interest another party.

Originally posted by HawkAttackDial911:
FYI, this article from the Quad City Times shows all the possible scenarios for the 3 - 6 seeds in the B1G tourney.

B_XC0RMVEAE_-UQ.png:large
Thanks for posting. Good thing to see if we win 7 of 8 scenarios give Iowa a 3/4 seed with the double bye. But I could still see that one scenario happening...

Originally posted by BondHawk:
Most of the time they aren't even capable of showing our own highlights between the two giant billboards for Barilla, or making sure that the 13" screens facing the concourse are even transmitting video.
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by djwoody:
Sadly this isn't even on their radar because there hasn't been an original thought in the Iowa Athletic Dept in decades.
Bingo. What he said.

is a 3/4 seed really important enough, to gather round and watch? It's not like a conference championship.

You know if I were to just come here to bitch as much as some on here I think I'd just take up watching movies.

It makes me sick that so many of you look for the negative in every situation. I have never understood the nasty mentality that rips on Iowa at every opportunity.

Maybe it's because it's deserved. Maybe it's because the Iowa athletic department would have to buy a clue before it could say it had one. Maybe it's red pom-poms for Wisconsin, or sponsors for the national anthem, or, well...maybe you get the idea. Do the damn job right and maybe folks won't be so inclined to be critical. Just a thought. I'm probably wrong.

Has anyone doing all the pissing and moaning called the athletic department and asked?

I always put comments about cell service, red Pom pons, poor customer relations, etc in my survey comments when they send it to season ticket holders. Of course, they don't possess the appropriate decision making skills to implement any suggestions

Nobody is criticizing the team. They're great. But, the Athletic Department could amp things up a bit to show some enthusiasm and support for them, instead of being so stodgy and stale. Can't wait for Sally to retire. Hopefully whoever replaces her will prod Gary to show a little more innovation and excitement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT