ADVERTISEMENT

if they made a scented candle from your hometown, what would it smell like?

Where is that? Despite what QC says, the East Side of Iowa City used to smell of Crest toothpaste and Scope mouthwash from the P&G plant. It was quite a minty, refreshing scent. Then I suppose they got better filtration and we don’t smell it much anymore. Plus, I think they moved the Scope production to another plant.
I live in Jacksonville Florida.

This is my hometown...

25f2245fd9d7bea877a94090e502d1d8.jpg

Also known as Camel City...and you'll be pleased to know that there was not one single case of throat irritation due to smoking Camels. It's SCIENCE!

nejmv240n17_apr28-1949.jpg

Orange blossoms

Vero Beach, Florida. Indian River County seat. Indian River citrus is >>>

Fresh country air. I grew up on a farm. Before hog confinements, and we rarely had hogs. Only bad smell I recall was when they used to spray ammonia on the fields.

Arizona - The creosote smell when it finally rains. I don't know how to describe it except "earthy".
Petrichor (/ˈpɛtrɪkɔːr/) is the earthy scent produced when rain falls on dry soil. The word is constructed from Greek petra (πέτρα), "rock", or petros (πέτρος), "stone", and īchōr (ἰχώρ), the fluid that flows in the veins of the gods in Greek mythology.

Reactions: lucas80
Lima had this horrible fishy musky smell 6 months out of the year when winter fog set in. You’d get back to the states and open your suitcase and bam Peru smell

Bako _ hot tar

If they were curing meat before they tore down the Dubuque Packing Company... bacon. Enduring, the smell of baking bread from the former Trusch Baking Co, now owned by Bimbo.

I’m not sure what the John Deere corporate offices smell like. Of course could always go with a Whitey’s malt. When I was a kid, they made licorice in downtown moline. Always knew when they were making strawberry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT