ADVERTISEMENT

If you could remove one quality from your next partner/significant other?

Which one quality would you get rid of?

• Looks (the face/head area)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Body

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Sense of humor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emotional balance/demeanor (figure these mean the same: not always angry/jumping between extremes)

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Intelligence

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Financial Security

• Honesty/integrity

• Ambition/drive/goal-oriented

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Empathy/compassion/warmth

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

NDallasRuss

HR Legend
Dec 5, 2002
If you had to remove one quality from the next person you'll be in a relationship with, what would it be?

I intentionally left off health because that's the easy choice for this poll: bump them off, collect the insurance, move on to the next one.

If you had to remove one quality from the next person you'll be in a relationship with, what would it be?

to make sure i'm understanding the topic/poll choices correctly, you are asking to eliminate an advantageous/positive trait, right? ie. @hawkbirch 's approach of getting rid of a nauseating spousal trait would not quite fit what you had in mind...

Face?

1312346.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: NDallasRuss
to make sure i'm understanding the topic/poll choices correctly, you are asking to eliminate an advantageous/positive trait, right? ie. @hawkbirch 's approach of getting rid of a nauseating spousal trait would not quite fit what you had in mind...

If that were the case why would anyone choose to take a happy SO and turn them into a bitch all the time (Emotional Demeanor)? That makes zero sense. It has to be remove one bad quality from your SO, right?

If that were the case why would anyone choose to take a happy SO and turn them into a bitch all the time (Emotional Demeanor)? That makes zero sense. It has to be remove one bad quality from your SO, right?
i would agree but we have to acknowledge that @FAUlty Gator a few posts above seems to have somehow made it work as is

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
I probably don't deserve my wife but for some reason she loves the heck out of me.

She's extremely supportive, caring, loyal, great mother, etc.

She has an amazing body and we probably fool around 5 times a week.

If I had to chose something, her boobs could use a little work as they were ruined by three children.

She has the memory of an Elephant. Remembers shit I did or said from 30 years ago....

She's equipped with ammunition (examples) of my wrong doing for any argument while I can't remember what she did last week.

Huge disadvantage when it comes to arguments so I usually lose...

So I'd get rid of her memory advantage....

I'm going outside of the choices. OCD - if the house is not immaculately clean; and if something gets put in the "wrong" place, she kind of loses it.

Sometimes I intentionally put things back in the wrong place in the kitchen just for shiz and giggles. Guarantee it will be moved the minute she notices it.

I probably don't deserve my wife but for some reason she loves the heck out of me.

If I had to chose something, her boobs could use a little work as they were ruined by three children.
There seems to be something missing from this post.

Reactions: sob5 and darylhawk

You're not taking away a bad thing from a current partner. It's assuming you could meet the "total" package in your next mate, who was perfect in every way, except for this one thing... Which one thing could you be most willing to live without?

She has the memory of an Elephant. Remembers shit I did or said from 30 years ago....

She's equipped with ammunition (examples) of my wrong doing for any argument while I can't remember what she did last week.

Huge disadvantage when it comes to arguments so I usually lose...

So I'd get rid of her memory advantage....

I'm going outside of the choices. OCD - if the house is not immaculately clean; and if something gets put in the "wrong" place, she kind of loses it.

Sometimes I intentionally put things back in the wrong place in the kitchen just for shiz and giggles. Guarantee it will be moved the minute she notices it.

It's not meant to be what bad thing would you eliminate from the current SO, it's what one really good thing in your next, near-perfect SO could you sacrifice on?

So, like, they're perfect except that they're detrimentally unintelligent - could you live with that? Or would you rather they be smart, but they're terrible with money and always teetering on the edge of insolvency? Or maybe you'd rather than keep them good with money and they're great in every other way, but their looks (their appearance from the neck up) is like a 3/10?

I’d get rid of the honesty. Just once I’d like to hear how big it is.
But you'd also have to live with every other manifestation of the complete lack of honesty and integrity. All the stealing and lying and cheating on you, etc.

You're not taking away a bad thing from a current partner. It's assuming you could meet the "total" package in your next mate, who was perfect in every way, except for this one thing... Which one thing could you be most willing to live without?
Well, I've never been good at reading the instructions.

That also makes it way more difficult to answer. lol

• Haha
It's not meant to be what bad thing would you eliminate from the current SO, it's what one really good thing in your next, near-perfect SO could you sacrifice on?

So, like, they're perfect except that they're detrimentally unintelligent - could you live with that? Or would you rather they be smart, but they're terrible with money and always teetering on the edge of insolvency? Or maybe you'd rather than keep them good with money and they're great in every other way, but their looks (their appearance from the neck up) is like a 3/10?
Hmmmm....tough. They're all important but I'd put ambition at the bottom.

Sorry but I'm throwing the BS flag here. Nobody married with kids is getting it 5 times a week, unless they have 2 girlfriends on the side. (all moot if you're married to OP's Mom or she is one of your side pieces)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hammer93 and dandh

Ah, confusing question is confusing. In that case I'm going with face/body. At the end of the day we're all going to age. As long as we can still laugh together, care for each other, be financially secure, etc. Just be kind.

Not to mention, I'd use her ambition trait to start making her work out.

Sorry but I'm throwing the BS flag here. Nobody married with kids is getting it 5 times a week, unless they have 2 girlfriends on the side. (all moot if you're married to OP's Mom or she is one of your side pieces)
I'm going to text her and see what she says on her end. I'll report back. lol

• Haha
Reactions: fredjr82
To me, ambition was a bad one to take away because it's not like it's just lowering it from a 10 to a 3. If you take it away, you're left with someone who's happy sitting on the couch watching the View and Kardashian shows, and not working or doing anything else.
If you look at it another way....her ambition might be to land a good looking rich guy. I'd be SOL if that was the case :)

Yeah, plus he claims they "probably" fool around. Probably? Seems like you'd be a little more certain if it was actually happening. Unless he's counting wet dreams that she "probably" had something to do with.

• Haha
Reactions: fredjr82

No s***. She's always complaining when I don't make the bed when I leave.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
I went with empathy. My wife is too nice, and believes in people too much. I know that people are bastard coated bastards with a bastard filling.

Yeah, plus he claims they "probably" fool around. Probably? Seems like you'd be a little more certain if it was actually happening. Unless he's counting wet dreams that she "probably" had something to do with.

Exactly. No chance it's 5 times a week. Even after my divorce, when I'd first start seeing someone it wasn't 5 times a week, and all you do in those situation are eat, sleep, and F.

Reactions: dandh
I'm going to text her and see what she says on her end. I'll report back. lol

OK chumps, her reply word for word:

Me: "How many times do you think we fool around per week????????"

Wifey: "I don't know. Depends on the week. 4 sometimes 5 or 6. There were weeks it was almost everyday. Then times were you're sleepimg and I'm still awake. Why? Wjat is your answer?"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT