ADVERTISEMENT

If you want to feel old...talk to teenagers!

BrianNole777

HR All-American
Jan 27, 2023
I am 40 years old. I don't talk to teenagers much..hardly ever except for a few cousins that are now in their 20's. I just have no reason to since I don't have kids myself.

I imagine many posters here have children and grandchildren that are teenagers.

Today, I went to a sub shop that I frequent. There's an employee there that's been there for a few months. He knows my name because I call in to order carry out.

I was waiting for my order and started talking to him. I asked him where he went to school. He said he went to "Smith" high school which is a couple miles away. I said "Oh cool, my cousin went there." My cousin is 43. She probably graduated 5 years before he was born.

I slowly did the math in my head and realized this high school kid was probably born in 2006. 😆

CSB.

Anyone else feel old while talking to teenagers?

30 Rock Hello GIF

I am 40 years old. I don't talk to teenagers much..hardly ever except for a few cousins that are now in their 20's. I just have no reason to since I don't have kids myself.

Today, I went to a sub shop that I frequent. There's an employee there that's been there for a few months. He knows my name because I call in to order carry out.

I was waiting for my order and started talking to him. I asked him where he went to school. He said he went to "Smith" high school which is a couple miles away. I said "Oh cool, my cousin went there." My cousin is 43. She probably graduated 5 years before he was born.

I slowly did the math in my head and realized this high school kid was probably born in 2006. 😆

CSB.

Yes, and I always told myself I wouldn’t be that guy. However, last night while cooking supper and listening to the conversation my kids(youngest will turn 13 in 10 days) and my oldest son’s girlfriend were having about other people’s “fits” and how “basic” they were, made me realize I am that guy. I don’t GAS about anything teens consider important. I don’t have time for unnecessary drama.

Yes, and I always told myself I wouldn’t be that guy. However, last night while cooking supper and listening to the conversation my kids(youngest will turn 13 in 10 days) and my oldest son’s girlfriend were having about other people’s “fits” and how “basic” they were, made me realize I am that guy. I don’t GAS about anything teens consider important. I don’t have time for unnecessary drama.

WTF does "basic" mean? 😆

pedo

CSB.

I have teenagers, so they just age me. What makes me feel old is following current athletes. I was a sophomore at Iowa when George Kittle was born. WITAF?

No, I never feel old when talking to children. Speaking to children/teens has no relevance to making me feel old, as nothing they say or do will transport me to a previous time in my life. Flipping through the TV and stopping at one of my favorite movies ( Major League a couple of weeks ago) and realizing that was 35 freaking years ago makes me feel old.

No, I never feel old when talking to children. Speaking to children/teens has no relevance to making me feel old, as nothing they say or do will transport me to a previous time in my life. Flipping through the TV and stopping at one of my favorite movies ( Major League a couple of weeks ago) and realizing that was 35 freaking years ago makes me feel old.
what if the movie is teenagers that are talking to the screen

I have teenagers, so they just age me. What makes me feel old is following current athletes. I was a sophomore at Iowa when George Kittle was born. WITAF?
Watching second generation players makes me feel old. I remember watching George’s father play for Iowa.

Reactions: hawkifann
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT