ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois Coaching Staff

DUI and driving under suspension. Suspended for both of those incidents, probably on his last chance with Fran. Try again.

And both were “dismissed” from the Iowa program and are universally disliked by Iowa fans. What is your point? Also, this was 15 years ago, which is pretty telling as far as Iowa’s disciplinary “issues” go

Did your coach not get suspended for 2 games last year??? Talk about a great leader of men.

DUI and driving under suspension. Suspended for both of those incidents, probably on his last chance with Fran. Try again.

Umm...We were talking about players getting suspended. No need to try again. Please keep up.

We have beaten Illinois 5 games in a row. Its pretty hard to beat anyone that many times in a row in college basketball. I'll take this loss.

Wisconsin had beaten them 15 games in a row before this year. FIFTEEN!!! Good Lord! That’s mind boggling!

Purdue like 8 or 9. Michigan 6 or 7.

Face it. Illinois has sucked pretty bad for the last dozen years or so.

Those days appear to be over though. In his third season, Underwood finished alone in fourth (one game out of first) and had them in position to win a share of the regular season title with two games left. Plus has the #13 recruiting class (#2 in B1G) coming in.

Solid effort. Frankly, I’m a little envious.

Last edited:
Did your coach not get suspended for 2 games last year??? Talk about a great leader of men.

He wasnt demoted to a non-coaching position for making contact with someone close to a player from another conference school about transferring like a now former Illinois assistant was in the offseason but OK.

not sure what that has to do with me. This threAd is about this season. I'm talking about your athletic teams being trash recently and your players bush league moves this season.

whoa. “Your”

LOL

def not “mine” dude.

He wasnt demoted to a non-coaching position for making contact with someone close to a player from another conference school about transferring like a now former Illinois assistant was in the offseason but OK.

You referring to Jamal Walker??? Honestly, I don't know all the details behind that demotion. I'm actually intrigued as to what the backstory is.

You referring to Jamal Walker??? Honestly, I don't know all the details behind that demotion. I'm actually intrigued as to what the backstory is.

The back story includes what I just typed that you responded to. Its not hard.

I don't think anyone that's had Fran McCaffery as their coach for 10+ years, with zero results above mediocrity or worse in that span, can seriously trash another coach or athletic dept.

yeah just think if we were as terrible as Illinois

Posts like this, the thread about officiating, and the thread calling Ayo Dosunmu a thug because of the way he talks is is a bad look for Hawkeye fandom. Really bad.

Some of the cringiest boomer posting I’ve ever seen. Some of you “guys” are weak AF and should take a few days break before you post if you can’t handle a loss. Pathetic.

LOL!!

I probably shouldn’t respond to a post I couldn’t handle reading about 5-6 responses.

From every interview and press conference I have always been more than impressed with Underwood. He says the right things anyway, and is always very complimentary towards other coaches and kids. Other coaches, not so much, but I’m just commenting on Underwood.

As far as thinking he is a douche for thinking he coaches his kids to play too rough. That is his job to get the kids to play hard and physical. It’s the officials job to monitor and decipher what is too rough and what isn’t. Why would he tell his players, “I know this is giving us an advantage, and I know the officials are letting us get away with it, but let’s just turn it down a bit because I am a nice guy?”

In fairness to some upset people here, just looking at the guy, he constantly looks like an angry Dick. :)

Wisconsin had beaten them 15 games in a row before this year. FIFTEEN!!! Good Lord! That’s mind boggling!

Purdue like 8 or 9. Michigan 6 or 7.

Face it. Illinois has sucked pretty bad for the last dozen years or so.

Those days appear to be over though. In his third season, Underwood finished alone in fourth (one game out of first) and had them in position to win a share of the regular season title with two games left. Plus has the #13 recruiting class (#2 in B1G) coming in.

Solid effort. Frankly, I’m a little envious.

Trust me, you won’t find many Illini fans denying we’ve sucked since Dee left (with a few exceptions) ... it’s been bad, and our fans are probably going to understandably go overboard here and there, as it’s always exciting to go back to being relevant.

No...I was asking who the specific player was. None of that news came out hence me asking you. Sorry that reading comprehension is so hard for you.

I actually like Underwood. Not sure why he hires such pieces of shit to work on his staff though.

Quotes from your Hawkeye board:

* I still question if Fran can get the most out of his players and his teams. Late season struggles are a trend with him.
*Fire the coach!
*Sorry, I'll never accept crap D and rebounding. Ever. It's why Fran hasn't accomplished hardly anything in March in a decade.
*Fran February fade: Sorry, I'll never accept crap D and rebounding. Ever. It's why Fran hasn't accomplished hardly anything in March in a decade
*7 out of 10 years Fran's teams have been .500 or less in the last 6 games
it’s tiresome year after year after year some of us middle aged men in there mid to late 40’s can’t remember the last BTC they won.
*I like Fran and his intensity but the program isn't accomplishing much of anything.
*same shit different year/month

Guess the Iowa staff isn't much better...

Reactions: IlliniHoops91
Did you see Underwood? If Fran had gone ballistic like he did a couple of times yesterday he'd have been T'd up and kicked out. Double standard just like the one on the floor. Big Ten basketball has become unwatchable. They way they let the other teams play, the arenas should be octagons.

If Illinois physically attacked people on the street they way they attacked Weiskamp and Fredrick yesterday, they'd all be in jail for assault.

Who recruited those Illinois players? Underwood and staff. They are 100% responsible for teaching them to play with their mouths and to play "defense" like street thugs. The evidence is clear. The fact that some of you ignore it doesn't alter it.
JFC. Street thugs? Lol. Wow. Street thugs?

You have no idea who you are talking to. BootyMaximus is legend. He goes back decades.
Well then I'm the legend killer.........

tenor.gif

lol eat shit dude. Your football and basketball teams have been trash. When we have players suspended for stomping on the other team then we will talk.
:D

Stomping? He didn't even put any weight on him. You guys are softer than baby shit. By far the softest team and fan base in the league. Never been to a board with more threads whining about foul calls. Also, forget about your eye gouges? Trash.

Our AD is new, and he's done more for the facilities and programs in three years than the past two AD's did their entire tenure. Enjoy looking up at the standings at us. It's going to be commonplace in the future -- just like how it's always been.

Hilarious that a team that's won like 4 tourney games since the turn of the century and hasn't been to a final 4 in 4 decades can pretend to be relevant.

Where's the rolling laughing emoji on this shlt forum? You can't do anything right.

Reactions: IlliniHoops91
:D

Stomping? He didn't even put any weight on him. You guys are softer than baby shit. By far the softest team and fan base in the league. Never been to a board with more threads whining about foul calls. Also, forget about your eye gouges? Trash.

Our AD is new, and he's done more for the facilities and programs in three years than the past two AD's did their entire tenure. Enjoy looking up at the standings at us. It's going to be commonplace in the future -- just like how it's always been.

Hilarious that a team that's won like 4 tourney games since the turn of the century and hasn't been to a final 4 in 4 decades can pretend to be relevant.

Where's the rolling laughing emoji on this shlt forum? You can't do anything right.

He was suspended two games dude. You argue about the "stomping" but then say woodbury "eye gouged" a dude. oh the irony.

For the other shit, you sound like a less successful Nebraska fan. Youve lost 12/13 in football.

Why are you wasting your time on a "shit forum" clown.

I hope you show your face when we kick your ass on friday.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT