ADVERTISEMENT

I'm very interested in seeing how the team bounces back

DanL53

HR Legend
Sep 12, 2013
I once had to give a deposition as a witness to a minor crime I witnessed. (This is a true story by the way.)

As it happened the time I was asked to come to the police station was pretty much right after a dental appointment.

I didn't want to go slobber mouthed drooling. I mean, you know?

So I told the Dentist, "No Novocaine!" It took some explaining and convincing, and he kept stopping to make sure I was alright. That only made it worse by the way because I had to keep getting myself into a state of all tough, guts and glory, and I'd rather have just he got it over with.

But I made it. Drilling and putting fillings in two teeth! Yeah...it hurts.

But today hurt worse. And lasted longer.

Tomorrow, Go Hawkeyes!!!

Yes, we didn't play well. Two of our starters (Wagner, Garza) didn't score a point. JoBo had 4 TOs, but we scored more points in the 2nd half than we scored all season against a team that is a lot better than it gets credit for- a senior-led team that won more games last year than we did, with a lot of players back, in a decent conference. L-Louisiana exposed every weakness we have, which can only help our very young team down the stretch. Sometimes early losses are a good thing.

thanks DanL53.... you often put it into perspective.

No worries Sometimes we need to experience some pain (no suffering). Grow from horrible shooting (up, no Novocaine) 3 pointers only.

Coaches and players and even clueless fans know where and what the Hawks are weak about this year.

Work on correcting mistakes, help defense when on-ball does not work. Pound the boards and never give up.

Let's see what happens.. GO HAWKS!

Reactions: DanL53
ULL was preventing the ball from going inside. Our starting front court scored a grand total of six points!!!! The only bigs who played defense were Pemsl, Kreiner and Nunge. The reason our guards scored so much is that they took most of the shots in the second half, by far. Cordell (eight rb) hardly ever saw the ball and missed only one shot. This loss doesn't bother me because this team made every mistake it can in the first half and gave Fran a banquet of mistakes to work on in practice.

Reactions: DanL53
I agree with all and you know, Fran knows what he has. A young team still learning, and they'll look back on this later at some point, chuckle, and say "What were we thinking?" They'll improve for sure as we progress further into the season. Today they played a team that was well coached and executed their game plan extremely well. Poor shooting happens to the best of teams. However, defense is the point of emphasis right now. Go Hawks!

Also they are shooting in a gym where teams are averaging 39% shooting overall. Its a tight rim and small gym that some of the guys are not used to. I think they will be okay tomorrow. JBO might need a rest tomorrow.

I just chalked it up to a poor shooting night and the younger players allowed their poor shooting affect their defensive effort. They will learn from it and get better.

This is why the games are played .... and how you learn. We played 10 guys...not a single senior and the majority of the minutes by 2 freshman & 6 sophomores.

4 games in...I'm guessing this team learned a little something today.

Credit goes to Lousiana..they put played us in the first half big time..shows there is a lot of talent out there.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Also they are shooting in a gym where teams are averaging 39% shooting overall. Its a tight rim and small gym that some of the guys are not used to. I think they will be okay tomorrow. JBO might need a rest tomorrow.

I just chalked it up to a poor shooting night and the younger players allowed their poor shooting affect their defensive effort. They will learn from it and get better.

boy there sure did seem that we had a number of in & outs in those first 10 minutes...no excuses..Louisiana had the same thing.

There's no dressing up the garbage that was put on display today. It was dreadful. And it's OK to call it for what it was. But, some people have a hard time keeping some perspective and take this one pitiful display as the key to the whole season. Way too early for that.
They've obviously got a lot of work to do. But they've got time to do it.
They can't get more athletic and quicker on the perimeter this year. But they can play smarter team D and do an overall better job containing dribble penetration. They can work harder on the boards.
I thought they were a borderline NCAA qualifier and I still think that.
There's still time to get on the good side of that bubble.

I once had to give a deposition as a witness to a minor crime I witnessed. (This is a true story by the way.)

As it happened the time I was asked to come to the police station was pretty much right after a dental appointment.

I didn't want to go slobber mouthed drooling. I mean, you know?

So I told the Dentist, "No Novocaine!" It took some explaining and convincing, and he kept stopping to make sure I was alright. That only made it worse by the way because I had to keep getting myself into a state of all tough, guts and glory, and I'd rather have just he got it over with.

But I made it. Drilling and putting fillings in two teeth! Yeah...it hurts.

But today hurt worse. And lasted longer.

Tomorrow, Go Hawkeyes!!!
Good thing you saved the novocaine. You may have to call your dentist for some as the season moves along.

There's no dressing up the garbage that was put on display today. It was dreadful. And it's OK to call it for what it was. But, some people have a hard time keeping some perspective and take this one pitiful display as the key to the whole season. Way too early for that.
They've obviously got a lot of work to do. But they've got time to do it.
They can't get more athletic and quicker on the perimeter this year. But they can play smarter team D and do an overall better job containing dribble penetration. They can work harder on the boards.
I thought they were a borderline NCAA qualifier and I still think that.
There's still time to get on the good side of that bubble.
Otherwise called a fence sitter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT