ADVERTISEMENT

In July, Jacob Blake charged w/ Sexual Assault. On Aug 23, 911 Called & He was Being Arrested for Warrant for his Arrest & Violating Restraining Order

Aug 28 UPDATE:

This is why Jacob Blake had a warrant out for his arrest

By Gabrielle Fonrouge
August 28, 2020 | 6:19pm

The cops involved in the shooting of Jacob Blake — which touched off a fresh wave of angry, anti-police sentiment across the country — were attempting to arrest him for violating a restraining order stemming from an alleged sexual assault, The Post has learned.

Blake, 29, was forbidden from going to the Kenosha home of his alleged victim from the May 3 incident, and police were dispatched Sunday following a 911 call saying he was there.

The responding officers were aware he had an open warrant for felony sexual assault, according to dispatch records and the Kenosha Professional Police Association, which released a statement on the incident on Friday.

Blake, who was paralyzed in the shooting, had been handcuffed to his hospital bed due to the warrant, which was vacated Friday, according to a statement released by his lawyer, Benjamin Crump. His restraints were removed, but he is still facing the criminal charges, Crump said.

Blake is accused in the criminal complaint, which was obtained by The Post, of breaking into the home of a woman he knew and sexually assaulting her.

The victim, who is only identified by her initials in the paperwork, told police she was asleep in bed with one of her children when Blake came into the room around 6 a.m. and allegedly said “I want my sh-t,” the record states.

She told cops Blake then used his finger to sexually assault her, sniffed it and said, “Smells like you’ve been with other men,” the criminal complaint alleges.

The officer who took her statement said she “had a very difficult time telling him this and cried as she told how the defendant assaulted her.”

The alleged victim said Blake “penetrating her digitally caused her pain and humiliation and was done without her consent” and she was “very humiliated and upset by the sexual assault,” the record states.

She told police she “was upset but collected herself” and then allegedly ran out the front door after Blake, the complaint says. She then realized her car was missing, checked her purse and saw the keys were missing and then “immediately called 911,” the complaint alleges.

The alleged victim told cops she has known him for eight years and claims that he physically assaults her “around twice a year when he drinks heavily.”

Police filed charges against him for felony sexual assault, trespassing and domestic abuse in July when a warrant was issued for his arrest.

On Sunday, within three minutes of responding to the 911 call, Blake was shot 7 times in the back as he attempted to get into his car.

Calls to Blake’s fiance, Crump and the Kenosha Police Department have gone unreturned.

LINK: https://nypost.com/2020/08/28/this-is-why-jacob-blake-had-a-warrant-out-for-his-arrest/

ORIGINAL POST:

From Snopes.com:

The allegations against Blake in July 2020 were unquestionably serious and included a charge of third-degree sexual assault against his ex-girlfriend, which was aggravated by the alleged involvement of domestic abuse. However, no allegation of harming a child was made against Blake.

In July 2020, prosecutors in Kenosha County successfully applied for an arrest warrant for Blake on charges of third-degree sexual assault, criminal trespass, and disorderly conduct, all of which were additionally designated as acts of domestic abuse. That warrant was issued on July 7. (Through a variety of methods, Snopes was able to independently verify that the Jacob Blake who was shot by police in August 2020 is indeed the same person for whom an arrest warrant was issued in July 2020.)

According to a criminal complaint filed by the Kenosha County District Attorney’s office in July 2020, Blake is accused of having entered his ex-girlfriend’s home in Kenosha, without her permission, on May 3, 2020, before sexually assaulting her, taking her car and debit card, and making two ATM withdrawals of $500 each. Blake and his ex-girlfriend have three children in common. The complaint can be read in full here. Some readers might find it disturbing because it contains descriptions of alleged sexual assault and domestic abuse.

In Wisconsin, third-degree sexual assault is covered under Section 940.225(3)(a) of the Wisconsin Statutes, which states that: “Whoever has sexual intercourse with a person without the consent of that person is guilty of a Class G felony.”

A search of Blake’s name in Wisconsin Circuit Court records revealed only child support disputes and a June 2018 conviction in Racine County on a charge of operating a vehicle without being in possession of a driver’s license, which is not a criminal offense and was resolved with a fine.

In September 2015, the Racine County Eye reported that Blake had been arrested after brandishing a gun at a bar in Racine, and that officers required the assistance of a police dog when Blake allegedly refused to comply with their orders. He was charged with several offenses, including: felony resisting arrest “causing a soft tissue injury to a police officer”; carrying a firearm while intoxicated; and endangering safety by the use of a dangerous weapon.

However, Blake was never tried or convicted on those charges, and in August 2020, the Racine County Eye reported that the charges appear to have been dismissed at the urging of the prosecutor and no longer appear in public court records.

Similarly, Blake has not been tried or convicted on the charges he faced in July 2020, including third-degree sexual assault, and he has not yet entered a plea in that case.

LINK: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jacob-blake-sexual-assault-charge/

Just a reminder of why no charges were filed today against any Kenosha police officers

They attempted to taze the dude, I believe twice. He didn’t obey and grabbed for a weapon. If Kenosha burns that’s too bad..

Was just in Wisconsin Dells over New Years, could’ve been me

Actually I doubt this would ever be you.

* You would not sexually assault a woman
* You don't currently have a warrant out for your arrest
* No one will be calling 911 because you are violating a restraining order
* You would never put a police officer in a head lock

actually meant, it could’ve been me that got caught up in that BS.

You’re right, I wouldn’t do that stuff

You and Chishawk1425 are like peas in a pod. You should be ashamed.

And read the posts above from @Hawkman98, who is in law enforcement.

Common sense prevailed in this case.

The nut jobs like you and Chis, thankfully, have been neutered.
Again, what did I say about the case? Was just pointing out that you’re a shit poster who deserves his recognition.

Again, what did I say about the case? Was just pointing out that you’re a shit poster who deserves his recognition.
Well, I am just pointing out that you are not only a shit poster, you and Chis are like peas in a pod. You can't be any worse but I am sure you will try. You have earned & you deserve this recognition.

Well, I am just pointing out that you are not only a shit poster, you and Chis are like peas in a pod. You can't be any worse but I am sure you will try. You have earned & you deserve this recognition.
Actually- I was recognized as the best non-Iowa poster last year. So you’re wrong, again. But look for my nomination of you in the next few weeks.

Actually- I was recognized as the best non-Iowa poster last year. So you’re wrong, again. But look for my nomination of you in the next few weeks.

Oh my god. Seriously? Congrats?

In all reality, you're a loser who is butt hurt over the fact that the police did nothing wrong in this case.

And you better not retaliate by trying to hurt my feelings by nominating me as 2020 Worst Poster of the Year!

What an anonymous clown you are.

Sorry, I’m late to this classic Fran sand kicking thread. Was Blake shot multiple times in the back for any of these things?

Seriously, and thanks.
Yes, you’re still a shit poster and clearly you don’t care that I’ll nominate you as you have reacted so indifferently to my original post mentioning it.

Sorry, I’m late to this classic Fran sand kicking thread. Was Blake shot multiple times in the back for any of these things?
911 was called on Jacob Blake for violating a restraining order

The responding officers knew a warrant was out for Jacob Blake's arrest for felony sexual assault

Jacob Blake resisted arrest

Jacob Blake put an officer in a head lock

Jacob Blake ignored officers' instructions and attempted to leave the scene

Jacob Blake reached for a weapon, putting lives in danger

@Hawkman98 has explained several times why/how an officer can then get 7 shots off very quickly.

And why the hell are you defending Jacob Blake's actions?

Reactions: Hawkman98
Seriously, and thanks.
Yes, you’re still a shit poster and clearly you don’t care that I’ll nominate you as you have reacted so indifferently to my original post mentioning it.

You’re still a shit poster.

And I am laughing at you that you will be nominating me.

Seriously.

You're a clown.

Hey dumb**** tag me next time you cry like the little bitch you are MAGAt desecration .
Hey dumb shit. Can you construct a complete sentence for once in your life?

Oh, and tell us again about your military history and your purple heart.

You are a FRAUD. Just like President Trump.

Ironic, huh? You and Trump; two peas in a pod.

911 was called on Jacob Blake for violating a restraining order

The responding officers knew a warrant was out for Jacob Blake's arrest for felony sexual assault

Jacob Blake resisted arrest

Jacob Blake put an officer in a head lock

Jacob Blake ignored officers' instructions and attempted to leave the scene

Jacob Blake reached for a weapon, putting lives in danger

@Hawkman98 has explained several times why/how an officer can then get 7 shots off very quickly.

And why the hell are you defending Jacob Blake's actions?
Oh, Fran. I would say, “Don’t you ever change”, but I know you won’t. I defended nothing. And, if Hawkman can produce the specific code where having a warrant out for your arrest is punishable by seven in the back, please link it.

Reactions: BelemNole
Oh, Fran. I would say, “Don’t you ever change”, but I know you won’t. I defended nothing. And, if Hawkman can produce the specific code where having a warrant out for your arrest is punishable by seven in the back, please link it.
You defended nothing? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

And Lucas, I would say, “Don’t you ever change”, but I know you won’t.

Why didn't they charge the police officer? As you will read:

* Experts have concluded that the officer "used reasonable force to end the threat."

* And for those who disagree? One expert (a former federal prosecutor who has prosecuted officers) said this: "What should he have done, let him drive away with a child in the back, let themselves get stabbed? … The only answer reasonably is -- they need to defend themselves." ............cc: @Hawkman98

From the Associated Press:

Kenosha County District Attorney Michael Graveley said investigators concluded Blake was carrying a knife when police responded to a report he was trying to steal a car.

Officer Rusten Sheskey said he "feared Jacob Blake was going to stab him with the knife" as he tried to stop Blake from fleeing the scene.

Graveley told reporters during a two-hour presentation Tuesday afternoon that investigators determined that the events leading up to the shooting began when the mother of Blake's children called police and said Blake was about to drive off in her car. Officers determined en route that Blake had a felony warrant out for sexual assault.

They arrived to find Blake placing the couple's three children in the back seat of the woman's SUV. Graveley said officers had no choice but to arrest him since he was wanted. He said Blake resisted, fighting with the officers as they tried to handcuff him. Officers used a stun gun on him three times to no effect.

Noble Wray, a Black former police chief and a use-of-force expert
who reviewed the investigation, said Blake had a knife that apparently fell to the ground during the struggle. Blake picked it up and officers disengaged and drew their guns. Blake then tried to get into the SUV, Wray said.

"Any officer worth their salt, they're not going to let someone leave under these circumstances," Wray said. "This is the stuff Amber Alerts are made of."

Sheskey grabbed the back of Blake's shirt, Graveley said. Blake turned and moved the knife toward Sheskey, the officer told investigators, leading him to believe his life was in danger, the district attorney said.

Graveley showed reporters an enlarged photo of what he said was Blake's knife, adding that Blake acknowledged to investigators he had it. The district attorney walked reporters through how he would have prosecuted the case, saying jurors would have had to put themselves in Sheskey's position and that the officer's self-defense claims would have held up given the circumstances of the case.

Jeffrey Cramer, a former federal prosecutor who has prosecuted officers
, said Graveley presented a compelling case that showed why charges are not appropriate.

"There isn't anyone who would like to be in that officer's shoes -- but in that moment, he used what I feel was reasonable force to end the threat," Cramer said. For those who disagree, he said, "What should he have done, let him drive away with a child in the back, let themselves get stabbed? … The only answer reasonably is -- they need to defend themselves."

The full story:

Actually- I was recognized as the best non-Iowa poster last year.
From the movie ‘Waiting’
6f1317c5-d63e-4793-b7a1-ad4886f224ee_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT