ADVERTISEMENT

In-laws are young earth creationists and keep teaching it to my kids.

Teaching your kids to have an open mind about others opinions is not all bad. They need to be presented with alternatives with helps them develop their own identity. Taking the time to process the opinions of others is good for the brain and for a person's character.

It is ok to expose your kids to various beliefs and teach them to be curious and learn/research on their own.

If you are going to lead them away from a Devine Creationist view, you owe it to your kids to have them intelligently explore where the Earth came from. In the last 5-10 years there have been some major advancements in physics that actually lead away from the Big Bang Theory. Mainly, a singularity relies on the presence of gravity and how does that happen in the absence of gravity pre-Big Bang?

Don’t just teach them creationism is wrong, teach them to explore and research the alternative. If the Earth is billions of years old, cool! But that doesn’t explain where the Earth came from or how it was born.

Me personally, I have to believe in Devine Creation. That doesn’t mean I have to believe the Earth is only 5,000 or so years old.

It is harder to have faith in no Devine creation than it is to believe. If you refuse to believe in Devine Creation then you must also believe that randomness leads to perfection. That out of chaos comes order and beauty. That’s where it is hard to believe in the modern day “science.” It makes no sense that chaos created our beautiful world and the order of all things we have. That is a huge leap of conscious.

If you are going to lead them away from the creation story, lead them then to answer these tougher questions.

Reactions: Speedway1
It is harder to have faith in no Devine creation than it is to believe. If you refuse to believe in Devine Creation then you must also believe that randomness leads to perfection. That out of chaos comes order and beauty. That’s where it is hard to believe in the modern day “science.” It makes no sense that chaos created our beautiful world and the order of all things we have. That is a huge leap of conscious.
No offense, but not a word of that is actually true. Crystals grow from random atoms/molecules bonding together in specific patterns defined by their chemistry. All it takes is an input of energy to take chaos and produce order...even "perfection".

landofthelostmarshallwillhollysleestak-143812.jpg

No offense, but not a word of that is actually true. Crystals grow from random atoms/molecules bonding together in specific patterns defined by their chemistry. All it takes is an input of energy to take chaos and produce order...even "perfection".

Cool, one example of symmetry. Now I know why there are crazy people who worship crystals. I wondered how those magic crystal shops stay in business. Now I know, thanks!

Teaching your kids to have an open mind about others opinions is not all bad. They need to be presented with alternatives with helps them develop their own identity. Taking the time to process the opinions of others is good for the brain and for a person's character.

You are 100% correct if you're talking about politics, philosophy, opinions, etc. You're 100% wrong if you're talking about "young earth". It is factually incorrect and perpetuated by ignorant people. It's not about respecting their opinion and showing tolerance. It's about counteracting this anti-science/anti-truth agenda. Science isn't political...it's the truth.

It is ok to expose your kids to various beliefs and teach them to be curious and learn/research on their own.

If you are going to lead them away from a Devine Creationist view, you owe it to your kids to have them intelligently explore where the Earth came from. In the last 5-10 years there have been some major advancements in physics that actually lead away from the Big Bang Theory. Mainly, a singularity relies on the presence of gravity and how does that happen in the absence of gravity pre-Big Bang?

Don’t just teach them creationism is wrong, teach them to explore and research the alternative. If the Earth is billions of years old, cool! But that doesn’t explain where the Earth came from or how it was born.

Me personally, I have to believe in Devine Creation. That doesn’t mean I have to believe the Earth is only 5,000 or so years old.

If you are going to lead them away from the creation story, lead them then to answer these tougher questions.

You have an opinion that I can respect and understand how you came to your way of thinking about the world's creation. At this time we don't have scientific evidence to answer how it all started. You have turned to faith in God and I have turned to faith that science will someday answer that question (although unlikely in my lifetime). However, I always have to point out that absence of evidence does not equal the existence of God, it equals the absence of evidence.

In the last 5-10 years there have been some major advancements in physics that actually lead away from the Big Bang Theory. Mainly, a singularity relies on the presence of gravity and how does that happen in the absence of gravity pre-Big Bang?

Actually it doesn't, because the Big Bang Theory just explains the process AFTER the universe already began.

Also, you are confusing a black hole's singularity and what astrophysicists call the initial singularity, or the big bang's singularity, as being basically the same thing........when they are not. With a black hole's singularity, gravity is so strong, because there's an unbelievable amount of mass confined to an extremely small area of space, that space-time breaks down (the math "proves" this one). So technically, there's no gravity here either because you need space-time for the realization of said gravity.

Where as with the initial singularity, the concept "sounds" kind of similar because all of the matter in the universe was packed into the space smaller than an atom ~13.7 Billion years ago, but that's it. The extent of our knowledge stops right at the point the big bang begins, because physics and math as we know it didn't come about till AFTER the big bang occurred, along with our concept of space-time..............so as of now, we have NO clue what was going on BEFORE the big bang.

This link helps explain the differences between the two "singularities".

But that doesn’t explain where the Earth came from or how it was born.

Actually, we know exactly where the Earth came from and how it was born. Our Solar System, the Earth and everything else, came from EGG's (Evaporating Gaseous Globules) deep within a nebula ~4.7 Billion years ago (~9 Billion years after the Big Bang). How do we know this is how it happened? Because we are seeing this happening all through out the Milky Way, most noticeably in the Eagle Nebula (also known as the 'Pillars of Creation') and the Orion Nebula.

The Stages of Star Birth:

Starbirth1.gif
Starbirth2.gif

Eagle Nebula:

982px-Pillars_of_creation_2014_HST_WFC3-UVIS_full-res_denoised.jpg

slide_49.jpg

Orion Nebula:

1423930_1280x720.jpg

Evaporating Gaseous Globules (Eagle Nebula):

slide_17.jpg

Evaporating Gaseous Globules (Orion Nebula):
Orion+Nebula%2C+A+closer+look+reveals+knots+or+evaporating+gaseous+globules+EGGs%2C+some+of+which+may+contain+protostars..jpg

Protoplanetary Disks in a Nebula:

opo0113a.jpg

orion4.jpg

3aNK8Ww.jpg

Creationism and evolution are both based on circumstantial evidence.

Who knew DNA and Genetics was circumstantial evidence?

Last edited:
Cool, one example of symmetry. Now I know why there are crazy people who worship crystals. I wondered how those magic crystal shops stay in business. Now I know, thanks!
Magical thinking is part of your world view. As crazy as you find crystal worshiping is exactly how I think of your beliefs. I wish for you one moment of logical thinking before you stop posting. Good luck.

Scientifically nothing can be proven with the earth because we don't have a control earth in a next door galaxy to compare it with. An exact replica but with no humans

Actually it doesn't, because the Big Bang Theory just explains the process AFTER the universe already began.

Also, you are confusing a black hole's singularity and what astrophysicists call the initial singularity, or the big bang's singularity, as being basically the same thing........when they are not. With a black hole's singularity, gravity is so strong, because there's an unbelievable amount of mass confined to an extremely small area of space, that space-time breaks down (the math "proves" this one). So technically, there's no gravity here either because you need space-time for the realization of said gravity.

Where as with the initial singularity, the concept "sounds" kind of similar because all of the matter in the universe was packed into the space smaller than an atom ~13.7 Billion years ago, but that's it. The extent of our knowledge stops right at the point the big bang begins, because physics and math as we know it didn't come about till AFTER the big bang occurred, along with our concept of space-time..............so as of now, we have NO clue what was going on BEFORE the big bang.

This link helps explain the differences between the two "singularities".

Actually, we know exactly where the Earth came from and how it was born. Our Solar System, the Earth and everything else, came from EGG's (Evaporating Gaseous Globules) deep within a nebula ~4.7 Billion years ago (~9 Billion years after the Big Bang). How do we know this is how it happened? Because we are seeing this happening all through out the Milky Way, most noticeably in the Eagle Nebula (also known as the 'Pillars of Creation') and the Orion Nebula.

The Stages of Star Birth:

Starbirth1.gif
Starbirth2.gif

Eagle Nebula:

982px-Pillars_of_creation_2014_HST_WFC3-UVIS_full-res_denoised.jpg

slide_49.jpg

Orion Nebula:

1423930_1280x720.jpg

Evaporating Gaseous Globules (Eagle Nebula):

slide_17.jpg

Evaporating Gaseous Globules (Orion Nebula):
Orion+Nebula%2C+A+closer+look+reveals+knots+or+evaporating+gaseous+globules+EGGs%2C+some+of+which+may+contain+protostars..jpg

Protoplanetary Disks in a Nebula:

opo0113a.jpg

orion4.jpg

3aNK8Ww.jpg

Who knew DNA and Genetics was circumstantial evidence?

That’s a lot of copying and pasting but you still can’t explain where the origin gasses and dusts come from. Can you teach me in oh say, 10-12 jpg.’s this time?

That’s a lot of copying and pasting but you still can’t explain where the origin gasses and dusts come from. Can you teach me in oh say, 10-12 jpg.’s this time?

The only thing that was copied and pasted was the 10 images and the one hyperlink, the rest was from me. The gases/dust that ours and all of the other nearby solar systems that all evolved from same gas cloud came from two different sources, the hydrogen was left over from the big bang, some of the heavier elements (helium to iron) were created during the C-N-O cycle of a previous star, and the heaviest elements (from cobalt to the end of the periodic table) came about from a previous star that went super nova.

The only thing that was copied and pasted was the 10 images and the one hyperlink, the rest was from me. The gases/dust that ours and all of the other nearby solar systems that all evolved from same gas cloud came from two different sources, the hydrogen was left over from the big bang, some of the heavier elements (helium to iron) were created during the C-N-O cycle of a previous star, and the heaviest elements (from cobalt to the end of the periodic table) came about from a previous star that went super nova.

Where did the previous star come from?

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. The relevant point is that order proceeds from chaos through the input of energy. No divine intervention is needed.

Ok, if you believe that gravity existed pre-Big Bang. What exactly went “bang” and where did that what come from?

And I already explained that your thinking that the big bang came from a singularity is incorrect

I know to have a scientific experiment using the scientific method we need a "control"

and like most things you "know", that is incorrect..........you only need a control if your scientific experiment is testing the impact of one or more variables to all the variables

And I already explained that your thinking that the big bang came from a singularity is incorrect

and like most things you "know", that is incorrect..........you only need a control if your scientific experiment is testing the impact of one or more variables to all the variables

No no no, We are past that. You believe in the Big Bang. I am asking you what exactly went “Bang” and where did that stuff come from?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT