ADVERTISEMENT

In Minnesota, it simply won't stop raining

bagdropper

HB Legend
Oct 17, 2002
Sheesh...beginning to look like northern and NE Iowa might get a shitload of rain too.

Beginning sometime later next week, the Mississippi River in Iowa is going to get pretty damn high for this time of the year. Most gauges are already near to at action stage, and it's only going to go higher.

There's goes boating/fishing on the 4th of July (and maybe a whole lot of July)...

Tab4FileL.png

Planning on visiting a buddy and his family up in Okoboji this next weekend of the 29th and he said they just issued a no-wake order on the entire lake system because of the high water due to all the rain.

Sheesh...beginning to look like northern and NE Iowa might get a shitload of rain too.

Beginning sometime later next week, the Mississippi River in Iowa is going to get pretty damn high for this time of the year. Most gauges are already near to at action stage, and it's only going to go higher.

There's goes boating/fishing on the 4th of July (and maybe a whole lot of July)...

Tab4FileL.png
As long as the mighty Mississippi in NE iowa isn’t flooding in late July we’re good. Have a yearly trip planned for then.

I just read that our river will be high enough to start closing all the roads in to town. I remember about 10 or 12 years ago the flood was so bad they had to use the life flight helicopter to go across town for a kid with a broken arm. Idk if it'll get that high or not.

Planning on visiting a buddy and his family up in Okoboji this next weekend of the 29th and he said they just issued a no-wake order on the entire lake system because of the high water due to all the rain.
Earlier in the week Boji was 5mph for 600 ft and they were watching things for the 4th.

Are you saying No Wake for the entirety of all the lakes?

I follow a few pages for Okoboji/Spirit Lake, and it's been a mess up there. High water, severe storms, all that. Whole bunch of docks completely destroyed last weekend and some boats that got blown out of their slips and blown up onto the shore. Even a couple that capsized and sank. I know they're supposed to get a ton of rain this weekend too. That's super shitty for the folks w/ trips planned to head up there.

There are few places I love more than Okoboji. So many childhood/young adulthood memories up there.

Ts and Ps to those who are, or are about to be, effected by all this.

At least when they get incredible amounts of snow up there in Minnesota and northernmost Iowa, at least you can shovel that out of the way. This is a whole other animal.

Not trying to make a joke, but appropriate town name currently.

Yikes!
I’m in MN now, and I heard about this on MPR tonight. Didn’t Iowa women’s hoops recently have a player from Waterville?

The mosquitoes are absolutely insane in MN now. Standing water everywhere for them to hatch in. Every park we hiked in this week has flooding, which for June isn’t normal.
We watched some kayakers on Monday on the Kettle River, and they were nuts. The river was churning, but, rapids, Bro!! I talked to one guy for a few minutes and he said he’d bailed on work that day just to come up from Minneapolis and try the high water.
Pass.

• Sad
Reactions: Joes Place
No wake on allDickinson county water ways,went into effect at 4pm Tuesday. Went up to Boji from Omaha this morning to pull the boat on east lake. Entire dock was under water. It was pain loadin due to putting the truck under water at upper Gar and the actual current that kept pushing the boat to the side( sucks doing it by yourself) got back to the house and talked to the neighbors. I sounded old saying, “I haven’t seen it this bad since ‘93

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT