ADVERTISEMENT

In Minnesota, it simply won't stop raining

I'm guessing half the room has no idea who Larry Cotler was or how he died.
I didn't have to google Larry Cotler.

That night I was at an outdoor ZZTop concert in Ft Dodge. It was held at the ballfields north of town so everyone had a wide open view. To the south was the blackest sky Ive ever seen and continuous lightning. Was guessing it was Ames getting dumped on.....very surprised to learn it was Ankeny and DSM. Wicked thunderstorm.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
My in-laws have a little stream that runs over a concrete slap on their driveway that usually has a couple inches of water going across it. They could barely get across it this morning because it’s flooding so badly. It rained all night here in NE Iowa.

My in-laws have a little stream that runs over a concrete slap on their driveway that usually has a couple inches of water going across it. They could barely get across it this morning because it’s flooding so badly. It rained all night here in NE Iowa.
I see driveways like that here and there in rural Iowa and think to myself there is no way I would own a residence with one of those…

Reactions: Moral
Not sure how to post videos, see what Lake st in front of Arnold’s Park looked like last night 2’ of running water going down it👎🏿
My friend is in Boji and posted a video of Lake St. It's living up to its name, definitely a few feet of water.

Not sure why we're worried about rain in Minnesota. According to the lefties on this board, the watershed flows north out of Iowa. That's why Minnesota has polluted waters. Don't you remember? Lol
Is that a thread you were flogged in? Let me guess, you’ve been simmering for years over it and have been waiting for just the right thread to look silly and aggrieved over it again?

Is that a thread you were flogged in? Let me guess, you’ve been simmering for years over it and have been waiting for just the right thread to look silly and aggrieved over it again?
Guess again. Were you not a part of it? It was pretty comical the lengths some posters went to try and convince people that know better that the water flows North in Spirit Lake and Okoboji. Lol

They're getting clobbered across the MN/IA border yet again today.

I'll be heading up to Guttenberg mid next week. It'll be interesting how high the river is by then. The way things are going it might be until Labor Day before it drops to reasonable levels.

I'll be heading up to Guttenberg mid next week. It'll be interesting how high the river is by then. The way things are going it might be until Labor Day before it drops to reasonable levels.

See if anyone up there has started building an Ark...

If the floods don't get ya, the bears will.

Northwest Iowa at the moment.

Screenshot-20240622-180119-Facebook.jpg

Guess again. Were you not a part of it? It was pretty comical the lengths some posters went to try and convince people that know better that the water flows North in Spirit Lake and Okoboji. Lol
You got flogged in that thread, Bro. Comprehension and content aren’t your strong suits. Not in that thread, or this one, apparently.

Planning on visiting a buddy and his family up in Okoboji this next weekend of the 29th and he said they just issued a no-wake order on the entire lake system because of the high water due to all the rain.
Check for closed roads before you go. Lots of closures already. I was looking at pictures from friends on FB today, it's a shit show up there.

Yikes! I just read on another site that there is a report of a levy break in Spencer. I am not familiar enough with that area to gauge what that entails, but it didn't sound good.
If that is the case, the whole town would be in deep shit trouble. It appears the south side of town out by the mall is already under water. The only levee break I have heard of was in Rock Valley, about 30-40 mins north of Le Mars, but quite a ways west of Spencer.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
SE South Dakota got it just as bad or worse. 18+ inches of rain in areas. I29 flooded. I barely made it to Sioux Falls this morning and drove through flooded roads of a couple to 6 inches deep to get here.

All of this water is headed towards Sioux City. The James River, Vermillion River, Big Sioux River, Rock River, Floyd River, all of them dump into the Missouri at or upriver from Sioux City.

It's a mess.

Reactions: Lindemann
Both Spencer and all the counties up there last time I was there, seriously needed to do some flood mitigation work. Maybe they have since I was last up there. Ames has done a ton of work to mitigate flooding the past couple years. It costs money....but long term it saves money.

Both Spencer and all the counties up there last time I was there, seriously needed to do some flood mitigation work. Maybe they have since I was last up there. Ames has done a ton of work to mitigate flooding the past couple years. It costs money....but long term it saves money.

Whoa....whoa....whoa....

You're sayin' there should have been more taxes to pay for "infrastructure"....???

Not how we roll in MAGA-Land, boy

We just need to straighten a few more rivers and creeks out, plow up more wetlands, and install more tiling.
That will put an end to 18 inch rainfalls? Good to know. Meanwhile the Hills quarter of a million dollar bird sanctuary nears completion. Whoever said the money is there is right. The authorities just don't know how to spend it, at least in Johnson County...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT