ADVERTISEMENT

In newest ANF podcast the guys are high on Lainez getting playing time and potential; think it might be Chryst

I get the offense hamstrings any quarterback but someone on that bench has to be better than Hill. And it’s not like the “at least he doesn’t turn the ball over” card can be played anymore.
You know what, McCann, Banks, Chandler, Tate, and Stanzi were not really hamstrung and they put the ball on the receivers at a very good rate, they had time to pass, and the receivers were very good. Now those might have been somewhat different pass route systems under KOK than the last few years. All those qbs could move whereas Petras, a hurt Cade, Padilla not so much, and now Hill are not very good runners.

The KOK teams usually had really good OLines and now not so much. KOK had kahlil hill, kasper (a Belitnefoff type), CJ and Mo Brown, Douglas, DjK, McNutt and more. The WRs not so much the last 3 years as Jones transferred and BrandonS and ISM were pre-2021.

I think it is a big matter of skill and athleticism at QB, WR, and Oline the last few years for this offense. The last few years the athleticism isnt as high as is the skill of throwing the ball at a high level on offense

The 2012 team should not have lost their last 6 games but when both starting tackles went down in game six iirc against Penn st, maybe game 7, the pass protection and run game went downhill fast.

I agree that Lainez deserves a chance or Labas and even put those two guys in on third and longer because they might pick up a 1st down running

What frustrates me is that at least Petras didn’t turn the ball over (with some exceptions). Hill fumbles and throws INTs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT