ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa has good portal landing place history to use: Jackson, ALL, Feth, KBrown, SethA, etc are playing doing well

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
Iowa coaches need to sell their program to get portal players to transfer as we are not a perennial powerhouse. This past year I think gives the coaches and TBarnes a lot of positive to point to for getting players to come to Iowa. Nick Jackson was just juiced more and more as the season went on. His play only needed to grow with learning the system and if he has the chance he may come back from what he has said about Kirk, Phil and his teammates. ALL was having a great season, Feth played at several positions but pretty much was a very good left guard. KalebB and SethA made positive catches and were still improving. They will work with the qbs all year and who knows how many balls they will catch from the Juggs type machine. Stillianos seemed to have a very good time as a hawk and got to see a lot of action this year.

KalebB probably ended up getting a lot more snaps and catches than his OSU teammates he left and Kaleb played in the Big Champ Game and can say he helped win that West Div trophy.

If the OC is someone like PHilbin or Chryst those two have the experience and cred to sell coming to Iowa to get coached up.

Right now I am more excited about 2024 than I was excited for 2023 a year ago. A couple of OLine additions could really help, one more WR with game day experience and success. I thought the defense would take a half step back this season but Phil did his magic.

So a new OC, better QB and WR play, an OLine that was better than 2022 and might be even a step better in 2024 all point to a really good season.

Reactions: Torg
I was never down on them. Honestly and I’m not trying to be cute or pissy, but it’s our fans who have tried to paint this program in a negative light.

People can Pooh-pooh our wins, our schedules our admittedly horrible offense, BF, nepotism, etc….

But the proof is in the pudding. Kids like playing here, we don’t have a mass exodus of players no matter how much the “haters” try to paint it that way.

This is a top 20 program that is very stable and that’s because of the man, many of you like to lament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT