ADVERTISEMENT

Inappropriate Actions by ISU?

ESPN just reported it too. No further details given. I wonder how severe the actions against the band and staff were?

This could get dicey.

Reactions: HawkeyeHoltkamp
I have wanted the series cancelled for several years. Would rather see Iowa play another P5 team. Maybe play ISU every 3-4 years.
I’ve always advocated for a 2 on / 2 off type of series, but get drowned out by those saying it’s so great for the state, yada yada yada. I’m only concerned about what’s good for the U of Iowa and not iswho.

I’m not going to speculate and will wait for additional information. The last time something happened there, stolen items from Iowa locker room it was an Iowa fan not ISU related besides being at ISU.

Reactions: HawkandTackle
tenor.gif

ESPN just reported it too. No further details given. I wonder how severe the actions against the band and staff were?

This could get dicey.
I would think it must have been significant, for Barta to have released a statement. Of course Gary has to be in CYA mode after what happened with the lady coaches. I hope he is documenting everything involved with this as well....

I’ve always advocated for a 2 on / 2 off type of series, but get drowned out by those saying it’s so great for the state, yada yada yada. I’m only concerned about what’s good for the U of Iowa and not iswho.
I’m an advocate of going back to 8 conference games because the SEC isn’t going to 9. Then they could play ISU and another P5 in the same year. If not, then suck it up and play neutral site games every other year when playing ISU and another non-P5 at home.

I'm guessing that whatever happened was perpetrated by Cyclone fans that don't have a diploma from ISU. I did a little lurking on cyclonefanatic.com and the consensus there is that these types of fans are the worst.

There’s no such thing as a Clone fan that didn’t graduate from ISU. That would make them Tavern Clones. Only Iowa has that sort of fan. Only us.

Here's a post on Cyclone Report:
============
Daughter was in the ISUCFVMB from 2000 to 2002.

In the 2002 game she said “ Dad, they had us march off the field right in front of the student section. I was stuck up against the wall and Iowa students were throwing coins, batteries, cups of urine etc. I was scared to death.”

Mr. Barta, I don’t want to hear it.

============

In the 2002 game she said “ Dad, they had us march off the field right in front of the student section. I was stuck up against the wall and Iowa students were throwing coins, batteries, cups of urine etc. I was scared to death.”

Riiiiiiiight.

============

So because ISU didn’t do anything about that, Barta can’t do anything now? Maybe they should have stepped up to protect their students better.

============

JFC.

So because ISU didn’t do anything about that, Barbra can’t do anything now? Maybe they should have stepped up to protect their students better.
I don't know that ISU hasn't said something to Iowa in the past about this kind of thing. I just know they haven't issued a press release about it.

Reactions: Psyclone
============

BAU for loneclone. Deflect deflect deflect. You have no other choice, right?

I'm guessing that whatever happened was perpetrated by Cyclone fans that don't have a diploma from ISU. I did a little lurking on cyclonefanatic.com and the consensus there is that these types of fans are the worst.
Yeah that's funny because we all know how gracious college student graduates are LOL

============

Uh huh. Sure

============

So Iowa should tolerate inappropriate behavior because Iowa State’s band had to deal with assholes in 2002?

F—k that noise. Find out who was responsible and kick their butt out of ISU activities for good

I’m an advocate of going back to 8 conference games because the SEC isn’t going to 9. Then they could play ISU and another P5 in the same year. If not, then suck it up and play neutral site games every other year when playing ISU and another non-P5 at home.

Shut up. How many years are we going to beat this subject to a pulp?

But why help iswho financially with this game? I say let iswho try to find an opponent (like a Drake) to replace the Iowa game. Iowa wouldn’t have too much trouble finding a quality opponent in place of the clowns.

Reactions: iahawks10
============

Putting aside the veracity of fourth-hand hearsay from 18 years ago, your post proves nothing. That behavior, if true, is despicable and should not be tolerated. No one is condoning it. It is bad when the clones do it, and it is bad if the hawks do it.

Also Barta wasn't the AD in 2002. The originator of that post is either an idiot or morally tainted by his fandom.

============

One could easily say, 'dad Lone Clone exposed himself to me as I was in the ladies room.'

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT