ADVERTISEMENT

Instead of Striping the Stadium for PSU...

The University should use a computer to plot a Tiger Hawk between the 15 yard lines of the West stands, and put out a list of seats in each section within the pattern. Those people should wear Gold. Everyone else in the stadium should wear Black.

Pretty good idea- just really hard to execute

I often thought they should do an oval Target by dictating shirt colors by row instead of sections. Row 1-15 gold, row 16-30 black....etc.

Viewed from above, it would look kind of like a decorative frame around Herky at midfield or when the HMB does the Herky formation during the opening sequence. During a night game, of course.

Seems like it would be easier to pull off successfully

Last edited:
I'm torn between...the card stunt worked really well before...Go for it! ...and, this is the sports marketing department that passed out red and white balloons when we played Wisconsin.

Put it in for next year. Then they can print the tickets with the appropriate color. That in addition to pregame communications and a tool where you can punch in your seat or take a picture of your ticket and get your color.

Maybe that could be integrated into the hawkeye lights app.

I think everyone in the even sections should yell the entire game and everyone in the odd sections should scream the entire game.

I do think it's a great idea and especially for PSU, as they're pretty jazzed about their student section and its blue and white "S" in the end zone. Would be the perfect game to blow that out of the water. That said, as noted earlier, the key would be in the execution. Some Iowa fans struggle just to wear black in the black section and gold in the gold section. You still get the idea when striping the stadium. You get enough people in the wrong color when making a Tiger Hawk, and you can probably end up with a pretty goofy looking Tiger Hawk.

Sounds like something that will take a lot of time and preparation -- maybe for a game next season. But I love the concept.

I have tickets to this game. How do we know if we're supposed to wear black or gold?

8bb61c_5e195db166bd44688b6ab0d61e39e15f~mv2.jpg

Yeah. Considering its like the 9th year of it, its all over social media and I think they print it on them pocket schedules.
Ok well, (1) this will be my first "striped" game and 1st game since 2013 because I was in the Army and waaay too far away, (2) I haven't seen it on social media, and (3) I live in Arkansas now so I do not have those damn pocket schedules around the corner. Maybe it says on the backside of our tickets..

Why isn’t it a gold out? All gold Uni’s with a gold crowd would look pretty dope.

The University should use a computer to plot a Tiger Hawk between the 15 yard lines of the West stands, and put out a list of seats in each section within the pattern. Those people should wear Gold. Everyone else in the stadium should wear Black.

Cool idea! BTW, I just saw a new post on Hawkeye Heaven. It starts out, “So, I have this idea....”

Reactions: 87alum87
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT